Any need for a proper desktop admin tool suite for Epoch?

Axe Cop

I was thinking about developing a proper DayZ admin tool suite optimized for Epoch.

What that means is the usual stuff like Player/Vehicle Map with inventory manager and all, but also specific epoch features I miss in all DayZ admin tools.

List of possible features:

• Desktop application, no web interface for now, so better control of application states and user tracking, performance etc.
  • Zoomable Map with all players, vehicles AND epoch base building and other objects#
  • Player/Object search and filters to display only specific objects like Epoch safes or something (never seen in any other DayZ admin tool?)
  • Character manager for players who are not online (e.g. to change their humanity or check their gear)
  • Live view of players with tracking
  • Live view of recently placed or changed objects to see hotspots where people building bases maybe?
  • See all door codes and safe combinations on the map
  • Epoch trader editor with the possibility to add new items and change prices etc.
  • Keep a player log (tracking lines, character changes like humanity etc) in log files for as long as you like and compare them
  • Remove many objects at once based on region selection (e.g. draw a circle on the map, list all objects inside the circle, filter them for base building objects and delete all at once -> useful for deleting a whole base with 2 clicks or something)
  • Partial database rollbacks, just do a rollback within a specified area of the map in case a hacker attack targeted only one base and not the whole map and other players keep all their stuff!
  • Maintenance features like vehicle and character cleanup
  • Statistics about players, vehicles and whatever you can think of
  • Realtime triggers and alerts of suspicious player behaviour (hacker detection)
  • Log analysis of my other tool DayZ Logger (http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3040-dayz-logger-detailed-character-logs/), display player positions for any specific timeline (whole day maybe, so you don't need to keep the admin tool lgging but let it do serverside and just import the logs when you want), humanity graphs over weeks/month of a specific player or all players, search logs for suspicious items or frequent gear changes, ...
  • Database access only, no rcon or FTP access needed? there are other tools to do just the rcon part very well I think?
  • many more possibilities I haven't thought of maybe :D

The tools will most likely be written in Java and completely open source, maybe with an plugin interface so it is easy to extend by other community members.

Please tell me your opinions and ideas for this, maybe it is just me missing some of those features in other tools??? I hope not :)

• Remove many objects at once based on region selection (e.g. draw a circle on the map, list all objects inside the circle, filter them for base building objects and delete all at once -> useful for deleting a whole base with 2 clicks or something)

I like this.

If you can get it to work dedicated server side without a graphics card needed that would be ideal or at the very least have a graphical less version that can run server side all the time and transmits to clients that connect.

Permission system for clients(admins), so that we can disable player/vehicle tracking for admins and remove that direct kind of ESP.

RCON would be good, would save the need for extra programs. The biggest thing needed for server owners is those of us with more than one, desperately need an RCON tool that accepts tabs for the chat as we are forced to run seperate programs per server..

A unique feature would be good for those of us with indestructible bases that acts on a !maintain command said in the chat, which then "maintains" all the objects around this player by updating the lastupdated column of the database.

If you get a tool working that does this, give me your paypal account and I'll be donating :)

If you can get it to work dedicated server side without a graphics card needed that would be ideal or at the very least have a graphical less version that can run server side all the time and transmits to clients that connect.

Well it is possible to run on a dedicated server but one of the major features is still an interactive map, how else would you select a region or do other stuff like player tracking?

Another way for this to work is a server side admin tool, so all clients connect to that tool rather than the database/rcon itself, that would be more secure indeed but also a lot more work at first! :)

That would lead to another problem that many people don't have access to the server host, but only to the database itself.. so they can't just run a tool on the server without root access! :/

Permission system for clients(admins), so that we can disable player/vehicle tracking for admins and remove that direct kind of ESP.

RCON would be good, would save the need for extra programs. The biggest thing needed for server owners is those of us with more than one, desperately need an RCON tool that accepts tabs for the chat as we are forced to run seperate programs per server..

A unique feature would be good for those of us with indestructible bases that acts on a !maintain command said in the chat, which then "maintains" all the objects around this player by updating the lastupdated column of the database.

A permission system will be one of the later features, but not planned with the first versions maybe..

About the Rcon integration, I was thinking about it and the Rcon protocol is very easy but yet unreliable thats why tools like DaRT have so many problems using it.. I have sometimes problems getting even tools like BEC or my whitelister to connect to my own server on the localhost because the server is busy with something else it will just refuse the connection.. anyway it may be planned as a later feature but then somebody has to develop a good RCON lib for Java first, because there is only one out there any other tool is using and that is BattleNET for C# I guess :D I could do the admin tools with C#, but I think Java might be the right choice for "easy" Database access and plugin integration etc.

That is actually a great idea and would be pretty easy to implement once you have a RCON client and database connection, only thing you need to do any range based selection is a list of ALL objects on the map because you have to calculate the distance on the client.. :D

My suggestion is maybe do a separate tool for admin rcon commands and not put it in a suite like this (which is intended for admins to use at client side), so it is just a tool that connects to your RCON and database on the localhost (or somewhere else if you don't have access but onyl on 1 machine) and perforems admin commands like "!maintain 30" (for 30m radius) or "!delete 30 mbp" (delete all modular building parts within 30m) etc... many possibilities but most of them would require a server restart of course.

I would love to see this. Would it be possible to be able to spawn in Epoch loot and vehicles that come with a key?

Possible yeah but I don't see the point. This is gonna be a database tool so you need a server restart for spawning in vehicles you now.. this is no ingame admin tool! :)

Possible yeah but I don't see the point. This is gonna be a database tool so you need a server restart for spawning in vehicles you now.. this is no ingame admin tool! :)

You've got a point there ye, thought you would use a live action script. Still looking forward to use a tool like this though!

Ok I've decided to do the ingame admin tools first, like ToejaM suggested. :)

I've already got the BattlEye client working, if anyone cares I put the code up on GitHub here: https://github.com/vos/ber4j (BattlEye RCon Library for Java), maybe somebody can use it for his own project, it might not be perfect yet but for me it's working so far.

So this will be a separate tool, but I don't want to create a new thread in the forums so here it goes:

Server tool only, maybe just a console application I don't know yet (so no graphics card needed).

It will connect to your sever via RCon and to the database as well, then process any commands and do the appropiate changes in the database (only if you have permission to run the command of course).

Features will be (so far):

• permission system based on player GUID and location in the game (so there can be commands bound to specific locations like a player base)!
  • commands can therefore be not only available to admins only, but also selected players (up to the admins to grant access of course)
  • commands are ingame only, they need to be entered in the chat so the server can read your current location (maybe other things too)
  • permission system will be saved in the database, so could be changed with an external web interface or something
  • logs of all actions will also be saved (in the database or text files?)
  • many commands are possible, see below

Possible Commands:

• first, I need you for ideas of possible commands!
  • !maintain [<range>] [<type>] (maintain epoch base building parts around you within <range>, the <type> can be specific parts only like doors, walls or ALL of course)
  • !remove <range> [<type>] (remove building parts, vehicles etc.)
  • !count <range> [<type>] (just displays the vehicle/base building count around you, good to see how big a base really is. Also <range> can be max so the whole map!)
  • !code <type> (get the code of the next safe/door near you via private message) - I think that's a nice feature?
  • !plookup <playername> (display player data, also works with a part of the name as long as there is only 1 matching player, if not prnt all matching players (if not to many))
  • !revive <playername> (revives the player, maybe faster then going to an external database tool to revive a player when he died form a bug or whatever)
  • !humanity <playername> [<value>] (sets the humanity of a player or displays the current humanity)
  • !grant <playername> <command> [<max-range>] [<other restrictions?>] (grants a player command permission for the range etc.)
  • !revoke <playername> <command> (revoke player permission)
  • more ideas?

It can be made that some commands need explicit approval, so you don't execute them by mistake or get a confirmation how many parts will be affected first etc.

What that means is you enter the command in the chat, get a response from the server with a warning and affected items and then have to enter "!yes" again within some time to confirm the command.

Ok I also need ideas for a name for a tool like this! Somthing like EBEC(S) - Epoch BattlEye Command (System) ?? :D

Ok seems like there is not much interest here, so I will do my ingame Admin Tools first, with ArmA scripts.. :/

Currently I am using my heavily customized blue phonex admin tools, maybe I will release my fork of that with all my dayz and epoch additions for your to use. :)

Just added base destructions system 1.0, where you can mark a dome in 3d (so place a center and radius where you stand) and destroy every base building parts inside to remove abandoned bases and vehicles (toggleable). There is also a preview option to see the dome in game, looks kinda funny build out of epoch preview wood walls (the transparent ones) haha :D

Yeah I've seen it not long ago, I had planned my tools before TSW had any epoch implementation, but I guess its not worth doing it anymore, maybe I will write him some ideas and he can implement it on his side, with that tools its not that hard to implement...

Maybe I will release my scripts, but there are just prototypes and ready to work with blue phoenix admin tools, and some more powerful tools to delete whole bases and stuff. Its just I've heard some heavy bugs with tools like infistar admin tools so I've never tried them myself.

Yeah I was also thinking about that, but there are to many restrictiosn with using BEC plugin to do tools like this i guess.. just to much work for nothing I guess :D

Well, Axe Cop... I'm interested in something like this...

Somehow I missed reading your OP during my reading here... I'd say people were waiting on you to say that you had a working model for it mate before they started hounding you for details/installation help or somesuch..

Personally I can't see how any ADMIN wouldn't want access to another tool that will help them admin their server...

Bags

Liking these ideas! 

I also use a (pretty heavily modified) version of blue phoenix. 

One thing I'd like (keep meaning to try to sort it myself but not had the time!) is a look at vehicle, scroll and place the key in your toolbelt. VERY handy as an admin, for replacing glitched out keys etc.

One thing I have sorted myself for blue phoenix, is spawning vehicles into the database, and adding the key to your toolbelt - Hey, if that script would be handy for you at all, I can send you the files for it.

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread, like the ideas here so far!

Hey the base destroy sounds amazing! we do get abandoned bases sometimes!

Will you be sharing that script at all?

Ok seems like there is not much interest here, so I will do my ingame Admin Tools first, with ArmA scripts.. :/

Currently I am using my heavily customized blue phonex admin tools, maybe I will release my fork of that with all my dayz and epoch additions for your to use. :)

Just added base destructions system 1.0, where you can mark a dome in 3d (so place a center and radius where you stand) and destroy every base building parts inside to remove abandoned bases and vehicles (toggleable). There is also a preview option to see the dome in game, looks kinda funny build out of epoch preview wood walls (the transparent ones) haha :D

Hey the base destroy sounds amazing! we do get abandoned bases sometimes!

Will you be sharing that script at all?

Yeah as i said I can share it, but maybe not all in this thread, I might do a seperate thread tomorrow with my custom scripts, but I need to do some videos with examples how that woks and stuff maybe ;)

About the key thing, I already posted my working version somewehre in this forum ( here the link http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3256-restoring-keys-under-1025/?p=21096) :D

Brilliant!

Like I say, I adapted a script to spawn vehicles with key and write to database, but didn't have one to do the key cutting (was going to adapt the vehicle spawn one I already have working, but didn't do it yet!) - So this is great! Thanks :D

Yeah as i said I can share it, but maybe not all in this thread, I might do a seperate thread tomorrow with my custom scripts, but I need to do some videos with examples how that woks and stuff maybe ;)

About the key thing, I already posted my working version somewehre in this forum ( here the link http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3256-restoring-keys-under-1025/?p=21096) :D

Cool! Installed your key cutting script on my test server - works perfectly! Although I need to reorganise my menus :D Added so much, it's got a little all over the place, lol

Thanks again, and I look forward to when you release your base destroy tool etc!

The desktop tool does sound good too!

TSW does NOT work with epoch. It's based around bliss which ayam doesn't even support anymore.

I've read it works with epoch, so what is it now? Don't have a copy to test it myself :D

Do you guys still want an admin tool "like" that, just open source and easy to extend with plugins for epoch or other things (maybe :P)

Hey :)

Any chance of the base destroy script being released soon? Just I need to do a major cleanup on our server, and this would save me a fair bit of time :D

No worries if not, no stress - just thought I'd ask :D

Hey :)

Any chance of the base destroy script being released soon? Just I need to do a major cleanup on our server, and this would save me a fair bit of time :D

No worries if not, no stress - just thought I'd ask :D

here you go, I needed to do a video demo and some stuff first, hope you find what you need: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3541-base-destruction-dome-admin-script/