Side Missions

Lukedbx

Question

So, Im trying to install side missions for my epoch server, but so far I've not had any luck getting it working. It seems that whenever I make any changes to the server pbo it just doesnt work, server wont authenticate and I can press esc and spawn in the middle of nowhere, so Ive obviously done something wrong or its just a bug with dayz.st cos Ive noticed even when I make really simple changes to the server pbo it doesnt work when I re-upload it.. Anyway, if anyone could help me with getting side missions working on the latest epoch it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Inside Init

dayz_paraSpawn = true; // Enable disable Parachute spawns

DZE_requireplot = false;  //disable or enable the plot pole requirement.

DZE_FriendlySaving = false;  //Taging system for friendly building

Admin system (located very bottom of init)

Re-enabled Head admins / Junior Admins - 

Head Admins have entire admin list, Junior admins allowed to heal, spectate and teleport

WAI mission system

Removed AS50 and m107 from AI loadouts

Tweaked vehicles allowed to spawn inside missions to include the new “Bell” helicopter

Added several more custom missions around the map

Change highlights:

Added new “bell” Helicopter to the list of randomly spawning vehicles

Added Oilmix and pre-mixed jerry cans to possible loot inside side missions

Added AI to guard more side missions such as building supplies crate and Military weapon cache crates

Resolved new spawn black screen forcing players to go back to the lobby

Added a new Aircraft dealer at the NWAF

Seperated Armed and unarmed choppers between the new aircraft dealer and the old aircraft dealer. Old dealer sells unarmed, new sells armed.

Did some spring cleaning on files, removing old admin system completely.

By default, new spawns parachute in. (Change in the init paraspawn parameter)

http://www.es-gamers.com/1031serverfiles.zip

To be honest, I have not looked into Namalak .

We ran a Taviana (sp?) server for awhile, but due to the fact (at the time) that you had to complete a seperate install from the DayZ commander it never became real popular. A good number of players never understood how to get the download, install it and get onto the servers.

If you find your server failing to authenticate after you have repacked the server PBO, it may be that you have failed to pack the server prefix.

To fix this, open notepad++ (or similar) and type z\addons\dayz_server then save it as $PREFIX$ within the dayz_server folder.

This way, whenever you repack your PBO, it automagically sticks the prefix in and it knows to find your server files at z\addons\dayz_server\whatever...

2r228v4.jpg

The focus of this update was to push people back to the coast - with most of the traders being on the northern end of the map, and most of the goodies being there as well, I felt some goodies were needed back on the coastal regions .

Added CDC Camp#12- located south and west along the coast- bandit guarded and contains loot

Added Trader City Balota (updates to the wholesaler)

Added Trader city Solnichniy (updates to the wholesaler)

Added SQL for “FUEL PARTS” trading for the Air craft dealers, you can purchase all the items

You need to create an auto-refuel point (generator, fuel pump)- see instructions inside readme.pdf

Updated map markers to make Bandit controlled locations blue, traders black/green

Update safe zone markers to protect New Aircraft dealer, no longer protects bandit prison.. (whoops)

Please note no matter the setting – plot poles are required to build, unknown if this is my bug, or an Epoch bug.

http://www.es-gamers.com/1031serverfiles.zip

If you find your server failing to authenticate after you have repacked the server PBO, it may be that you have failed to pack the server prefix.

To fix this, open notepad++ (or similar) and type z\addons\dayz_server then save it as $PREFIX$ within the dayz_server folder.

This way, whenever you repack your PBO, it automagically sticks the prefix in and it knows to find your server files at z\addons\dayz_server\whatever...

Works like a charm ! Thx man XD

And of course a great thanks to MassAsster for the scripts. Finally i

figured it out. Added so much gameplay to my server. Brilliant !

On a side note, the building system seems to be broken on my server now (Says its building, but nothing happens)

I understand that u guys cant fix everything all the time, but does anyone have a clue as to where i should look?

Its such a turn-off for the players when they cant build anything.

Thanks a  lot anyway, its great fun.

Jimmy

edit:Typo

Yeah, please note that no matter the setting , you are required to have a plot pole set up

and because I know it will be next to be asked, 

Vehicles with friends,     if everyone is showing RED (as in their name when you look at them) a clothing change is required...

BUT...

Driver,  remove backpack, placing it inside the vehicle.  change clothing...

Passenger, wait for driver.

Driver, enter vehicle WITHOUT putting your backpack back on...

Passenger, enter vehicle..

Yeah, please note that no matter the setting , you are required to have a plot pole set up

and because I know it will be next to be asked, 

Vehicles with friends,     if everyone is showing RED (as in their name when you look at them) a clothing change is required...

BUT...

Driver,  remove backpack, placing it inside the vehicle.  change clothing...

Passenger, wait for driver.

Driver, enter vehicle WITHOUT putting your backpack back on...

Passenger, enter vehicle..

Thx mate ! It was indeed my next question, just didnt know it yet. lolz!

My problem persist though, because i cant place a plotpole either. Same error, stucks in " already building..."

But i will check on it further, might been something i overlooked.

Anyways thx alot, your royal Awesomness  :wub:

Sorry to bother u guys again, but one tiny question, only?

I pretty much got the server to be perfect thx to MassAsster`s files, and sorted out most things. I have this little problem with the AI`s being to powerful, and i have tweaked them every way possible.

I`ve been in the Sarge folder and the WAI folder, and practically lobotomized the AI. Still they manage to headshot us all in to oblivion.(Not all AI-patrols, just some of them)

Is there references to AI elsewhere in tha package? That i might have overlooked? Some method to make them fewer? They appear in packs of 6-8 AI`s.

(we probably suck at the game, but its almost impossible to avoid getting killed in the end.)

Wish u all a happy new year  :rolleyes:

What AI patrols seem to be kicking your butt the most? The ones at the color side missions (Epoch Sides), the Red Hashed missions (WAI) or simply the roaming bandits ?

The Roaming patrols are controlled by the Sarge AI settings

The Mission bandits I think are going to be controlled by your servers profile settings

great work man!! love it...just got to figure out why it would let ppl build. it goes threw the motions but nothn happens. and i found a huge awusome base west of the large airfield but its all blocked off..how u get in it? havent found a way in yet...kinda setup like it uses a control panel..not sure correction it says building already in progresss and nothn happens...

It's a plot pole issue, either place a new plot pole or you can try the new setting in the init

Plot pole requirement variable was added in 1.0.3.1:

[ADDED] DZE_requireplot override variable added. DZE_requireplot = 0; in init.sqf disables plot pole requirement to build. @vbawol

Sell distances were part of 1.0.3:
[ADDED] dayz_sellDistance variables are now split into "dayz_sellDistance_boat", "dayz_sellDistance_vehicle" and "dayz_sellDistance_air" - @Skaronator

I think in my INIT it's listed as DZE_requireplot = false;    That's incorrect as shown in the above quote from the change log.

Thx MassAsster! Think i will remove the Plotpole requirements.

Anybody had trouble with AI that wont die? Often on the missions, there is one Ai thats unkilleable. Have to use adminpanel and remove him manually.

All toghether, this works amazingly now, and my players are very happy!

@Seriousjoker; use adminpanel to remove some concrete block or other thats in the way for entering base. It will spawn in again after server restart though. 

Jimmy

fast patch

Randomizes the loot the camo ai guards have,  randomizes the protectors of the other side missions

fixes an issue with "view vehicle content"

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/58780094/file.html

overwrite files and replace with updated

(my ftp is currently down, so I'm having to use this crap file host, sorry about that.... )

@Seriousjoker; use adminpanel to remove some concrete block or other thats in the way for entering base. It will spawn in again after server restart though. 

Jimmy

oops forgot to answer that -

Yeah, was designed like that as an "admin base"  -  being that only admins can remove the doors or teleport

Just in case someone wanted the entire updated package rather than the patch

PLEASE NOTE:

The dynamic_vehicle.sqf inside the mission folder does not include the major birds - anything above a bell47 wont spawn randomly in the map. We did this on our server because we felt that they were a bit too easy to make money off of and did not want to give them away as freebies -  if you would like the all vehicles version simply rename the all vehicles version in the root and replace the one inside the missions folder.

added new epoch vehicles to both versions

["V3S_Civ",1],

["V3S_TK_EP1_DZE",1],

["V3S_RA_TK_GUE_EP1_DZE",1],

["UralCivil_DZE",1],

["UralCivil2_DZE",1],

["KamazOpen_DZE",1],

["MtvrRefuel_DZ",1],

["MTVR",1],

updated missions with better randomize

(randomize loot for camo AI guards- they now will carry gold food or other first aid items, randomize numbers for soldiers defending other missions- was 0, 5 , 10 -  is now 0 ,2 , 4 , 6 , 8 , 10)

updated mission marker for main mission

repaired mission call for "view vehicle content"

Inside Description.ext added the option for side chat or no side chat, disabled by default

disableChannels[]={0,1,2,6};   //with side chat disabled

//disableChannels[]={0,2,6};  //side chat enabled

repaired mission trader at Solnichney trader location (not included the patch version)

Cleanup of Camo AI soldiers edited from 1800 seconds to 600 seconds

cosmetic changes to C130 (allowing you to open and close cargo door/maindoors), armed SUV (allowing you to "turn in" the turret), mv22 (allowing you to fold the wings, close/open cargo door/main doors) - not included in patch

http://www.es-gamers.com/1031aserverfiles.zip

Anyone having problems with AI`s that wont die? Only one in a group, and not always, but frequent enough that it gets a bit problematic.

I\ve nerfed them pretty much, because they were far to powerful for my server players. Could it be that it somehow backfires on occations, and creates this glitch?

Btw, thx for the update.

Jimmy

Anyone having problems with AI`s that wont die? Only one in a group, and not always, but frequent enough that it gets a bit problematic.

I\ve nerfed them pretty much, because they were far to powerful for my server players. Could it be that it somehow backfires on occations, and creates this glitch?

Btw, thx for the update.

Jimmy

I'm thinking that the AI that refuse to die are a FPS issue on the server side, something to do with hit's not registering on them when the server is really struggling for performance. You can take out of the AI Heli patrols out if you want to see if that helps any - customSpawns.sqf inside WAI folder