Side Missions

Lukedbx

Question

So, Im trying to install side missions for my epoch server, but so far I've not had any luck getting it working. It seems that whenever I make any changes to the server pbo it just doesnt work, server wont authenticate and I can press esc and spawn in the middle of nowhere, so Ive obviously done something wrong or its just a bug with dayz.st cos Ive noticed even when I make really simple changes to the server pbo it doesnt work when I re-upload it.. Anyway, if anyone could help me with getting side missions working on the latest epoch it would be much appreciated, thanks.

heres a copy of of last working server files -

this map pbo contains a bunch of custom buildings , custom spawn locations and other crap -  including working sides/ two types of AI etc

all set to work with DayZ st.

you can enable/disable what you like, and be sure to edit the starting logo as well as the player spawn sqf in the map.

http://www.es-gamers.com/serverfiles.zip  

So, Im trying to install side missions for my epoch server, but so far I've not had any luck getting it working. It seems that whenever I make any changes to the server pbo it just doesnt work, server wont authenticate and I can press esc and spawn in the middle of nowhere, so Ive obviously done something wrong or its just a bug with dayz.st cos Ive noticed even when I make really simple changes to the server pbo it doesnt work when I re-upload it.. Anyway, if anyone could help me with getting side missions working on the latest epoch it would be much appreciated, thanks.

Use Arma Pbo View .  I had the same issues as you when I tried a previous pbo viewer, turns out it was corrupting the pbo when packaging it again.  So far, only Arma PBO View has done the job ;)

this map pbo contains a bunch of custom buildings , custom spawn locations and other crap -  including working sides/ two types of AI etc

you can enable/disable what you like, and be sure to edit the starting logo as well as the player spawn sqf in the map.

Tried to use this all I get is

Mission DayZ Epoch Chernarus read from directory.

over and over again :(

For this to work for me I think I need your SQL file also

I've updated these files

by default "god mode" in trader areas is off , re-enable inside init

anti-teleport added to init

cleaned up the init for easy reading

added RPG rocket and ammo inside side missions

added self blood bag

enabled helicopter lift (ch_47) 

enabled Cargo drop (load cargo/vehicle into ch_47 and air drop - requires passenger or co-pilot)

added more side missions (community made)

added random start music with intro text - feel free to edit/change (ogg files, playerspawn.sqf)

Bandit trader turned into a black market trader (change inside server_traders.sqf)

prob more, but I can't think of it.

was designed as a PVE server but can be edited or taken apart to grab the parts you want

I've updated these files

by default "god mode" in trader areas is off , re-enable inside init

anti-teleport added to init

cleaned up the init for easy reading

added RPG rocket and ammo inside side missions

added self blood bag

enabled helicopter lift (ch_47) 

enabled Cargo drop (load cargo/vehicle into ch_47 and air drop - requires passenger or co-pilot)

added more side missions (community made)

added random start music with intro text - feel free to edit/change (ogg files, playerspawn.sqf)

Bandit trader turned into a black market trader (change inside server_traders.sqf)

prob more, but I can't think of it.

was designed as a PVE server but can be edited or taken apart to grab the parts you want

did you post the updated file yet MassAsster?

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving today.

At work (not doing work) and found this thread. Really want to leave work now and give this a go! lol

There any installation instructions I need to keep in mind when I start this? Im still pretty new at this whole thing but its to cool not to continue learning about.

well that's embarrassing..

a couple of things slipped passed me and long story short - the old files will prevent traders from working..

updated again..   using a new mission system (allows Join in progress players to see the markers)

still to do:

Fix selfbloodbag

Please re-download

http://www.es-gamers.com/1030serverfiles.zip

last update for awhile -  

http://www.es-gamers.com/1030serverfiles.zip

adds self bloodbag back

included inside is a copy of my traders_DATA -

if you so choose to use it, you would overwrite your traders_DATA with this version by importing it.. You can simply ignore the file if you have no use for it. HIGHLY recommend backing up your tables before attempting to edit/use/play with your data

--------------------------------------------------------

what does the traders_DATA do?:

Adds many vehicles such as the A10, AH64D_EP1 AH6J_EP1  ect... ect..

Swaps traders to an "All Gold System"  -  nothing under a gold bar is traded..  gold, gold10z, briefcases

--------------------------------------------------

for updates to the mission system included inside follow the following thread:

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4427-wicked-aimission-system

some times if you are the first one in it can send you to debug land - going back to the lobby and back into the game resolves that

http://www.es-gamers.com/1031serverfiles.zip

Server files updated for 1031

Several new side missions have been added into the WAI folder for side missions, as well as several static AI spawns, two

Patrolling helicopters and a static spawn for a “Bandit City” (marked on the map accordingly)

Inside the Init enabled death messages for PVP server usage.

Inside the init Enabled new Location on the map Novy Lug Base, used for medical loot, as well as side missions.

The Prison was converted to be another AI city, it is also patrolled by a helicopter. Side missions will take place there as well.

Drink water from any water source