Side Missions

Lukedbx

Question

So, Im trying to install side missions for my epoch server, but so far I've not had any luck getting it working. It seems that whenever I make any changes to the server pbo it just doesnt work, server wont authenticate and I can press esc and spawn in the middle of nowhere, so Ive obviously done something wrong or its just a bug with dayz.st cos Ive noticed even when I make really simple changes to the server pbo it doesnt work when I re-upload it.. Anyway, if anyone could help me with getting side missions working on the latest epoch it would be much appreciated, thanks.

crap I know exactly what that is aztech-  sorry brother i forgot i edited the profile cfg

CONFIGFILES\Users\Reality\Reality.ArmA2OAProfile

class Difficulties
{
    class Recruit
    {
        class Flags
        {
            // These are the settings. Set a value to 0 to disable the feature, or set it to 1 to enable it.

Armor=1;        // Gives you improved body armor, tank armor etc
            FriendlyTag=1;        // Displays information on friendly units. ONLY WORKS WITH 'Weaponcursor=0', eg crosshair on.
            EnemyTag=1;        // Displays information on enemy units
            HUD=1;            // Shows you leaders location and your position in formation
            HUDPerm=1;        // Shows HUD permanently
            HUDWp=1;        // Shows Waypoints right after they're ordered to you
            HUDWpPerm=1;        // Shows Waypoints permanently
            WeaponCursor=0;        // Shows the crosshair for your weapon
            AutoAim=0;        // Enables auto aim when you're not looking through your weapon's scope. Also works with crosshair off
            AutoGuideAT=1;        // AT missiles will be automatically guided to their target. If 0, player has to lock onto the target.
            3rdPersonView=1;    // This turns 3rd(third) person view and group leader view on or off. Please never talk of this as "3D view" - ArmA is not an arcade game !
            ClockIndicator=1;    // Displays the clock indicator on the left of your screen when giving/receiving orders like "At 11 o'clock, eemy man at 200 meters"
            Map=0;            // Shows symbols for all objects known to your gruop on the map. This will NOT disable the map itself !
            Tracers=1;        // Displays tracers even of small arms that in real life would not have tracers
            AutoSpot=1;        // If you're close enough to an enemy, you'll report it without right-clicking
            UltraAI=0;        // Enables some kind of super AI that hears and sses more and has better tactics. This is for both friendly and enemy sides.
            UnlimitedSaves=1;    // Enables saing permanently. For single player missions. But you then can only load the last save state.
            DeathMessages=1;    // (1.09 and later) Displays "XXX was killed by YYY" messages in multiplayer
            NetStats=1;        // (1.09 and later) Enables the scoreboard functionality in MP
            VonID=1;        // (1.09 and later) When using VoN, display the name of the player speaking.
        };
        skillFriendly = 1;
        precisionFriendly = 1;
        skillEnemy = 0.55;
        precisionEnemy = 0.3;
    };
    class Regular
    {
        class Flags
        {
            3rdPersonView = 1;
            armor = 0;
            autoAim = 0;
            autoGuideAT = 0;
            autoSpot = 1;
            cameraShake = 1;
            clockIndicator = 0;
            deathMessages = 1;
            enemyTag = 1;
            friendlyTag = 1;
            hud = 0;
            hudGroupInfo = 0;
            hudPerm = 1;
            hudWp = 1;
            hudWpPerm = 1;
            map = 0;
            netStats = 0;
            tracers = 1;
            ultraAI = 0;
            unlimitedSaves = 0;
            vonId = 1;
            weaponCursor = 1;
        };
        skillFriendly = 1;
        precisionFriendly = 1;
        skillEnemy = 0.7;
        precisionEnemy = 0.5;
    };
    class Veteran
    {
        class Flags
        {
            3rdPersonView = 1;
            armor = 0;
            autoAim = ![autoAim];
            autoGuideAT = ![autoGuideAT];
            autoSpot = ![autoSpot];
            cameraShake = 1;
            clockIndicator = ![clockIndicator];
            deathMessages = ![deathMessages];
            enemyTag = ![enemyTag];
            friendlyTag = ![friendlyTag];
            hud = 0;
            hudGroupInfo = 0;
            hudPerm = ![hudPerm];
            hudWp = ![hudWp];
            hudWpPerm = ![hudWpPerm];
            map = 0;
            netStats = ![netStats];
            tracers = 0;
            ultraAI = ![ultraAI];
            unlimitedSaves = ![unlimitedSaves];
            vonId = ![vonId];
            weaponCursor = 1;
        };
        skillFriendly = 1;
        precisionFriendly = 1;
        skillEnemy = 0.9;
        precisionEnemy = 0.75;
    };
    class Mercenary
    {
        class Flags
        {
            3rdPersonView = 1;
            armor = 0;
            autoAim = ![autoAim];
            autoGuideAT = ![autoGuideAT];
            autoSpot = ![autoSpot];
            cameraShake = 1;
            clockIndicator = ![clockIndicator];
            deathMessages = ![deathMessages];
            enemyTag = ![enemyTag];
            friendlyTag = ![friendlyTag];
            hud = 0;
            hudGroupInfo = 0;
            hudPerm = ![hudPerm];
            hudWp = ![hudWp];
            hudWpPerm = ![hudWpPerm];
            map = 0;
            netStats = ![netStats];
            tracers = 0;
            ultraAI = ![ultraAI];
            unlimitedSaves = ![unlimitedSaves];
            vonId = ![vonId];
            weaponCursor = 1;
        };
        skillFriendly = 1;
        precisionFriendly = 1;
        skillEnemy = 1;
        precisionEnemy = 1;
    };
};

this edit works because in the main server cfg file it's calling the REGULAR difficulty

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
    class DayZ {
        template = DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf;
        difficulty = "Regular";    // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid
    };
};

and you will notice HFB has some jacked up variables that don't actually work , inside the regular difficulty area i simply removed the variables and replaced them with actual values  ( 1 or 0 )

sorry for the delayed replay - family decided it was a good time to bring home the stomach virus...

updated the download (still labeled as B ) to include that missing call i had for the EVAC chopper to work. Master key / vehicle key changer  is working just fine - don't recommend you attempt to change keys on the Bell 47s...  they seem to want to flip over..  -  either make the edit to the init as suggested a few posts above or redownload

http://www.es-gamers.com/1041bserverfiles.zip

Mass,

I added you.....

Also,  after making yoru last change it got farther but now craps out at this point:

Version 1.62.103718
Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins/
Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/
Updating base class ->FlagCarrierCore, by ca\ca_pmc\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FlagCarrier/
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/14Rnd_FFAR/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/RocketPods/
Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/FFARLauncher/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled2\lada\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Lada_base/
Updating base class ->SUV_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\suv\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SUV_TK_CIV_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_Conc2L_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/
Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonMain, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/
Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscTitles/Default/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_villager1/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_worker1/
Updating base class Soldier_Crew_PMC->Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SurvivorW2_DZ/
Updating base class HighCommand->Logic, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HighCommandSubordinate/
Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class NonStrategic->BuiltItems, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Fort_RazorWire/
Updating base class MeleeHatchet->MeleeWeapon, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MeleeCrowbar/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/29Rnd_30mm_AGS30/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/48Rnd_40mm_MK19/
Updating base class 4000Rnd_762x51_M134->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/2000Rnd_762x51_M134/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/100Rnd_127x99_M2/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM/
Updating base class Hatchet_Swing->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/crowbar_swing/
Updating base class CA_Magazine->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/Hatchet_Swing/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\mv22\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MV22/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air2\uh1y\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNet_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNet_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNetB_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNetB_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_1L_Noentry, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Sign_1L_Noentry_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_circle, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helper_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/cfgWeapons/BAF_AS50_scoped/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M60A4_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_m145_EP1/
Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/
Updating base class ->M240, by ca\weapons_e\m240\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m240_scoped_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1/
Updating base class House->DZE_OpenHouse, by warehouse\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Ind_Pec_03/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\ah6j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH6_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air_e\an2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/An2_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->CH47_base_EP1, by ca\air_e\ch47\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CH_47F_EP1/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_TL_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Merlin_HC3_D/
Error in expression <![hudWp]>
  Error position: <![hudWp]>
  Error !: Type Array, expected Bool
Error in expression <![autoGuideAT]>
  Error position: <![autoGuideAT]>
Error in expression <![clockIndicator]>
  Error position: <![clockIndicator]>
Error in expression <![ultraAI]>
  Error position: <![ultraAI]>
Error in expression <![unlimitedSaves]>
  Error position: <![unlimitedSaves]>
Error in expression <![deathMessages]>
  Error position: <![deathMessages]>
Error in expression <![netStats]>
  Error position: <![netStats]>
Error in expression <![vonId]>
  Error position: <![vonId]>
Error in expression <![autoGuideAT]>
  Error position: <![autoGuideAT]>
Error in expression <![ultraAI]>
  Error position: <![ultraAI]>
Error in expression <![deathMessages]>
  Error position: <![deathMessages]>
Error in expression <![netStats]>
  Error position: <![netStats]>
Error in expression <![vonId]>
  Error position: <![vonId]>

Ive been trying to do it on a 2nd pc i have at home using xampp and navicat. The cherno pack u made i had no troubles so i used it as a reference but i really want to use the napf map and i just cant figure whats up. Made my edits created the pbo by right clicking folder with eliteness, downloaded client files 1.0.4.1 with commander put the arma 2 and arma 2 oa files into a server folder, put the 1.0.4.1 epoch server files in off the site in also, then put your in as well. Set the hiveext settings set the config settings. Put the edited/created pbo in. Run the napf server bat file server window pops up loads, join with other pc no troubles see it in server window that im connected. Server reads mission file to the point where it says game started, mission file gets read , says waiting for server to start auth then the bar fills and waiting for charcater to create bar fills theni see the last black screen you know the one with your logo etc and it sits there for about 120 secs then poof back in the lobby with no errors >< im like whats goin on

Hi Mass,

I am new to this and have just bought an epoch server.

I really only know the basics and was wondering if you would be kind enough to help me setup my server.

I realise you are pretty busy, but would really appreciate the help.

Please connect to my skype if you have some time.

skype name = tsunamiau

Many thanks in advance

Lone Wolf

:)

Hi Mass,

I am new to this and have just bought an epoch server.

I really only know the basics and was wondering if you would be kind enough to help me setup my server.

I realise you are pretty busy, but would really appreciate the help.

Please connect to my skype if you have some time.

skype name = tsunamiau

Many thanks in advance

Lone Wolf

:)

Hi mass.

So i have been poking around with a server for 3 days now and i do not get the server to work. Therefore i now rent a server over at vilayer running everything at default.

So im wondering if you maybe can help out with some stuff like scripting and custom gear and all that stuff you have in your zip file.

I am a beginner at this and dont have a clue at what im looking at and i do not wanna screw things up.

i am not rich and can not pay anything more then to have your name to make people know whos done the hard work for getting things to work.

Please if you can be so kind to help out you would make my day.

i am avalible over at my teamspeak on ip " voice.creativegamers.eu " i have the same name on there as here.

Cheers

Toddelution

Hi MassAsster, you work is great but I have problems with this things:

New Trader don't work when I try to buy a some heli this never spwan and then bug the trader action and don't trader again to he (trading in progress)... in the hiveext.log say this: 2014-02-25 22:04:15 HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:398:8.76145e+006:0:|

I try to put on the elevator [] execVM "custom\elevator\elevator_init.sqf"; no problem in the logs but never show the scroll menu of the script

When I try to modify the dynamic_vehicle.sqf to modify the limit vehicle spawn the server crash or just infinite counting en the loading screen

The vehicles sometimes get bug and only one player can enter

The others modifications I realize to the server work fine

What map / host  are you using?

Vehicle thing is related to AI, if your humanity is above 6000 seems to quit happening as often (one player or both, name tags turn red and you cannot enter a vehicle with that player, returning to the lobby and joining back in often resolves it)

I never bothered with the elevator, that one you will have to find the creator of , see if he has detailed install instructions.

If your running NAPF - try these files (updated today for you )

http://www.es-gamers.com/1042bserverfiles.zip

Mass, I see you are willing to help us nubes who want to run missions. I think I know enough to make me dangerous and would prefer your help to my fumbling and stumbling. If you have TS3 we could meet online if you have time.