AI phantom?

thegoob12

Hi everyone,

I was looking through the arma 3 epoch wiki and saw there was an ai called the phantom which is apparently invisible, although I couldn't find any reference to this enemy in the game or on any forum and such so I was just wondering if this was just some joke wiki page. 

Is that what all the heel clanking is about since 0.3? A couple of us have been taking damage randomly but figured it was those godamn snakes that you can't see or hear.. they really need to add a ratiling and hissing noises to those bastards.

Edit: rattling.. I don't understand androids spell checking shit..

pretty sure I came across this tonight.. started out as a loud knocking or walking on a wood floor right next to me. continued on my way around berenzino and while looting happened to notice a shimmering object go past me and caused minor damage... happened a couple times until I left the area... was at night also on ukgz server

Yes experienced this first day on 0.3.0.0 and have heard it since. Freaked me out when it happened as it was pitch black as a freshy searching houseskeep hearing footsteps behind me and then all a sudden this ghostly apparition outline in moonlight goes past as I go past a door.

pretty sure I came across this tonight.. started out as a loud knocking or walking on a wood floor right next to me. continued on my way around berenzino and while looting happened to notice a shimmering object go past me and caused minor damage... happened a couple times until I left the area... was at night also on ukgz server

Im always randomly getting damage on UKGZ  always thought it was Alex and Riche fucking with me lol 

(whats your in-game name)

Hardly ever in game, Or like a phantom in-game :p lol

Nah always happens when im close too walls ect, so put it down to ARMA :)

That's due to the pivot axis,they changed it a while back(BI did), not sure why, I think it's worse the way it is. Lots off people have been complaining about it for, what.. a year now?

That usually just straight up kills you or glitches you into a floor though.

What I've seen is teammates temperature going up and they start fatiguing and slowly die. Doesn't seem to be able to heal.

What I've seen is teammates temperature going up and they start fatiguing and slowly die. Doesn't seem to be able to heal.

I had this yesterday, also blood pressure went skyhigh, my team mate tryed to heal me but there was no cure ...

:lol:

I had this yesterday, also blood pressure went skyhigh, my team mate tryed to heal me but there was no cure ...

:lol:

Cold pack seems to help but you have to keep taking them.. for the rest of your life..

So I'm guessing it's supposed to be more of a distraction. Actually, if that's the case, I really like that idea. I think something acting as a distraction would serve a lot better to spawn during pvp rather than sappers and drones.

• 3 months later...

I heard one today. I thought it may have been an exploder so I ran and kept looking behind to shoot it, but I never saw anything and it was open field. I ran into  a building and I could hear it running around outside. I was just getting ready to log off so I did that but had no clue there was a phantom antagonist.