AI Skalisty Island, not so easy

Thug

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed this on our servers and it is running great, just got one question regarding the AI, is there a way to change the AI (Static Guns) to run in DZAI, I have changed the AI but want to change the "M2StaticMG"

[[[13757, 2855.6951, 0.0001411438],[13581.159, 3095.7595, -0.00020980835],[13672.707, 2923.532, -1.5258789e-005],[13757.219, 2913.2258, 0.00010681152],[13803.734, 2948.77, 9.9182129e-005]],"M2StaticMG",2,"Bandit2_DZ",1,3,"","Random"] call spawn_static; //Skalisty Island ground weapons//

Reason been the AI will only spawn if someone approached the area which I think would help FPS (not sure though), I also have a Bandit HQ AI Mission on the server as well which spawn but with justs AI no ground weapons.

Thanks

Hi – Just installed this last week, and been playing around with it – Love it, it’s great fun. :)

A few things nag me, pretty much all of them has to do with the loot, hope someone here can help.

I have an Epoch server, and wanted some more loot and even though the instructions say NOT to use ‘spawn_box_skalisty_island.sqf’ on Epoch – I did anyway :rolleyes:

I removed everything that did not have to do with Epoch and the gems – so that ort to be okay – I think.

The Lottery box next to the palace spawns fine.
A weapons create spawns in the camp just after the bridge.

But the last weapons create keeps messing with me – There is supposed to be 2 weapons creates right ?
So there are 3 loot boxes total on the Island ?

I don’t see any error in the RPT regarding a box not spawing.

There is no smoke - There is to be smoke like normal WAI missions ?

Thanks for makking this Thug

Hi – Just installed this last week, and been playing around with it – Love it, it’s great fun. :)

A few things nag me, pretty much all of them has to do with the loot, hope someone here can help.

I have an Epoch server, and wanted some more loot and even though the instructions say NOT to use ‘spawn_box_skalisty_island.sqf’ on Epoch – I did anyway :rolleyes:

I removed everything that did not have to do with Epoch and the gems – so that ort to be okay – I think.

The Lottery box next to the palace spawns fine.

A weapons create spawns in the camp just after the bridge.

But the last weapons create keeps messing with me – There is supposed to be 2 weapons creates right ?

So there are 3 loot boxes total on the Island ?

I don’t see any error in the RPT regarding a box not spawing.

There is no smoke - There is to be smoke like normal WAI missions ?

Thanks for makking this Thug

Hello, there are 3 boxes   one behind the palace and two random boxes

How many AI per Unit ?

I want to change the number of AI’s in lines like this one

[[13671.355, 2892.8167, -1.5258789e-005],2,"easy","Random",4,"Random","Bandit2_DZ","Random","Bandit] call spawn_group;   //ground troops//

But how do I know how many AI’s are in the unit / groupe ? Or does the 2 mean 2 AI's spawn in ? Can I have number be 0.5 ?

How many AI per Unit ?

I want to change the number of AI’s in lines like this one

[[13671.355, 2892.8167, -1.5258789e-005],2,"easy","Random",4,"Random","Bandit2_DZ","Random","Bandit] call spawn_group;   //ground troops//

But how do I know how many AI’s are in the unit / groupe ? Or does the 2 mean 2 AI's spawn in ? Can I have number be 0.5 ?

The Red 2 is the number of AI and no you can not use 0.5 you have to use a hole number.

Few freinds and I did this and we cleaned the island out. I have everything installed right and in the right paths, however.... 

//UPDATED VERSION OF WAI 2.1
//**INPORTANT DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING IS YOU ARE USING WAI 2.0**
//Thanks to f3cuk and others for the work they put into to updating this part of the file

// it goes into chernarus.sqf in the static folder 
//also set these to true in the WAI\config.sqf at the bottom
//       /*STATIC MISSIONS CONFIG*/
//     static_missions = true; // use static mission file
//           custom_per_world = true; // use a custom mission file per world

/* END STATIC MISSIONS CONFIG */

I'm using WAI 2.2 - I don't need that ^, correct?

There was no boxes, at all.

As far as I can figure out – the boxes are spawned with this lines on the server_functions.sql

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\skalisty_island_lottery.sqf";

[]execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\spawn_box_skalisty_island.sqf";//random box on Skalisty Island THIS IS SETUP FOR OVERPOCH WEAPONS, IF YOU ARE ONLY RUNNING EPOCH--DO NOT USE

So if you have no loot, make sure you got them and that you have the Sqf files in your addons folder.

I can not see that the above have anything to do with loot, ort to be AI's and Mission Spawn position (The island)

Few freinds and I did this and we cleaned the island out. I have everything installed right and in the right paths, however.... 

Yes you do, it says IMPORTANT DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE USING WAI 2.0   I am going to update the file with the correct spelling lol

If you have more questions you can also contact me via teamspeak    tbsgaming.teamspeak3.com

As far as I can figure out – the boxes are spawned with this lines on the server_functions.sql

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\skalisty_island_lottery.sqf";

[]execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\spawn_box_skalisty_island.sqf";//random box on Skalisty Island THIS IS SETUP FOR OVERPOCH WEAPONS, IF YOU ARE ONLY RUNNING EPOCH--DO NOT USE

So if you have no loot, make sure you got them and that you have the Sqf files in your addons folder.

I can not see that the above have anything to do with loot, ort to be AI's and Mission Spawn position (The island)

The two lines:  [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\skalisty_island_lottery.sqf";

The first line is for the main prize for clearing the island and the second is for random boxes that spawn in different locations on the island each restart. They have nothing to do with AI spawns. So line 1 is for both versions of WAI and line 2 is for version 2.1 or higher If I did not answer your question please feel free to contact me here or teamspeak tbsgaming.teamspeak3.com

• 7 months later...

Been running an old feel DayZ Epoch Server for about a month now. I was looking for a nice Co-Op mission as the Survivors on the server are just too friendly.................although I wanted a nice PvP server. :-)

Anyway I found this and thought I would add it to my server to give the Guys something to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

I filmed the guys on a test run. Even I hadn't even tested it: lol

The only thing I did notice, which can be seen in the Video, is that I'm also getting the TV Mast Antenna not spawning correctly. It doesn't do this all the time though. Only on occasions. No big problem though as I'm going to remove it anyway. 

Will also remove the Static ai on occasions to let the guys play Battle Royal here as well. 

So, to draw my reply to a close, can I just say..................BRILLIANT:

• 1 month later...

I have had it for months and it is great. The only issue is the bridge. It never shows up. I have to build it. Any ideas why the script does not work (for me)?

My server functions has:

// skalisty island ai
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\skalisty_island_lottery.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\spawn_box_skalisty_island.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\skalisty_island_bridge.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\skalisty_island_castle.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\skalisty_island_road.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\skalisty_island_wall.sqf";

And it is in the correct folder.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, KillKillKill said:

I have had it for months and it is great. The only issue is the bridge. It never shows up. I have to build it. Any ideas why the script does not work (for me)?

My server functions has:

// skalisty island ai
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\skalisty_island_lottery.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\spawn_box_skalisty_island.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\skalisty_island_bridge.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\skalisty_island_castle.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\skalisty_island_road.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\buildings\skalisty_island_wall.sqf";

And it is in the correct folder.

Thanks.

Are the other items there, i.e.  castle, road on island, and the wall around the island?

8 hours ago, Thug said:

Did you add the above to the mission side?

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, harcosgoogle said:

How to add Napf map?

This is map specific, made for Chernarus Only.

There is a AI mission that is called Red Zone that was made for Napf .

You will have to do some looking to find it.