computermancer

Question

cmSALVAGE and REARM SCRIPT

I am currently working on a script to allow a player to salvage some metal or parts from vehicles.

I am more than half-way done with the script, I would like to share it when it is complete.

Currently, it allows you to salvage some metal or repair parts from a vehicle, and with each attempt (chance of failure) the vehicle itself becomes more dmaged.

I will have a toggle to allow the option of allowing a chance for the vehicle to explode from too many salvages.

At the moment, I am working on the arrays of items to give, as well as making sure there's no way to spam or exploit it from a players position.

I will be adding files, videos, and other goodies in the near future.

-computermancer

EDIT: current alpha version, without any BE filter instructions... CLICK HERE , GOODLUCK!

http://youtu.be/bScgV-8IddM

http://youtu.be/N7PZvUcng5s

Playing around with this and various armed vehicles....

I will create a new array for the tracked vehicles and addin the proper code for the Plane and Boat Hulls.

Also I removed all loot except the metal scrap, its very unbalanced with the rest of the loot in there, let em build what they want from it. and also added in about 10 phrases that fit with the Donkey Punch Mature image.

However looking into the Orca and The Pawnee, we are not gunners as players and I have yet to overcome the reload action for it. I have the proper weapons and mag types from BIS but the reload examples in your scripts are dependant on first the player being in the vehicle first, then in the gunner seat second, I have bypassed the gunner requirement but still there is nothing attaching the player to the weapon to be reloaded...

Maybe a pilots seat check for reload in this scenario?

Well I just loaded this in and put it on my test server and no kicks... had one of my testers hop on as a non admin and he received no kicks either.  This was only a quick test as its late here but we tried 7 different vehicles, salvaged at the same time, I damaged vehicles and had him repair etc.  No kicks so might have a good thing going already.

Well I just loaded this in and put it on my test server and no kicks... had one of my testers hop on as a non admin and he received no kicks either.  This was only a quick test as its late here but we tried 7 different vehicles, salvaged at the same time, I damaged vehicles and had him repair etc.  No kicks so might have a good thing going already.

Niiiiice! I would imagine there will be BE filter triggers, mainly from "setVariable" and a few others, I will work on the filters during the weekend.

OFFTOPIC: I am working on an AI missions, anyone have AI skills? How can I get them to use launchers? Thanks!

I have been working on this script today and have added the following:

- requires Multigun with Energy Pack

- each salvage costs 5 energy from the pack ( 2 uses per small, 20 uses per lrg energy pack)

I will update the public distribution later today or tomorrow,  :ph34r:

I have a dream one day you will use a central CHANGELOG :)

keep up the good work!

someday... :blink:

Hey ComputerMancer,

Im looking at taking this Salvage script a bit farther.

I want to create a GUI menu for the Salvage Menu instead of the add actions.

I already have layout for such a menu but,

I would like your approval to modify the addactions to a createdialog.

I will share the improved script once completed and tested.

My difficulty at this point is that your addActions have some conditions that must be met before the action is performed...

Im trying to find a way to do this with the GUI Button Action.

The only other way I can see doing this would be to use the condition first before turning the button on in the menu.

So I would make a single menu for all vehicles and only the buttons available to use would show up with a name on the button.

Well if you or anyone can provide a bit of info, please do.

Otherwise thanks for months of having this salvage script!

I want to thank you for all your hard work with this script.

even with the couple of errors it was a hell of an addon to have.

My recent rebuild went forward without it unfortunately, but it's back with changes.

I temporarily removed the vehicle and chopper parts salvage.

I left in and added to the vehicle ammo salvage and Reload script.

I went ahead and cleaned this up and have no errors at this time.

I gave credit where credit is due but I have re-released this as a standalone vehicle ammo salvage and Reload script.

If a mod sees this can you release the thread in scripts