GTX servers setting up BEC

drsubo

Im wondering if anyone else is renting a server from GTX and if so, if they know how to set up BEC. Im trying to set up and use the admin panel but keep getting kick because of not having BEC or something. Does anyone know if it is supposed to be set up on the setup of my server or if I have to install it myself. I tried uploading BEC.exe to the server and it said bec.exe access denied. so if im not allowed to set it up myself how do I do it. Thanks for the help

application files (.exe) is not allowed on most, if not all, dish servers. Therefore BEC nor Redis can be ran from the server's root directory in the tradional way as they need to be for persistence to work. Which is why I honestly don't see how GTX and other server hosts plan to have epoch hosted properly on non dedicated servers.. BEC can be accessed through scheduled tasks and mod manager on TCA panel I believe, but i don't know how Redis is going to work..

contact GTX and ask them if there is a procedure they set up. Asking us really won't get you that far as we don't work for GTX nor know how they have their server configs setup.

I'm renting from GTX and BEC was included, you could try to re install the server files

did you have to do anything to start it? did you just go into game and open the admin panel and it worked? no kicks. im just trying to figure out if it is already installed and if I need to start it some how. thanks again

did you have to do anything to start it? did you just go into game and open the admin panel and it worked? no kicks. im just trying to figure out if it is already installed and if I need to start it some how. thanks again

From the Game Services option, follow File Manager > \BEC\Plugins\WatchDog

Can't test it now, but maybe one should just create the Config folder in \BEC
Then drop all your config files in there.

So you will have \BEC
                             |_Plugins

|      |_WatchDog

|_Config

Will test once home from work but that is still going to be a couple of hours :-/

What DuckNukem said looks correct
Did not see the config files in there!
I am ashamed...

Are you sure? this is what I found on my GTX server 

http://ducks-house.com/images/really.png

I've added the config.cpp, admins.xml and scheduler.xml myself the rest came with the package!

Seeing that you just uploaded the files to the Battleye folder. Is your scheduler running? I was looking for the BEC folder with the BEC.exe, and the folders for the logs, config and such. Didn't realize they clumped it all in the same folder.

Seeing that you just uploaded the files to the Battleye folder. Is your scheduler running? I was looking for the BEC folder with the BEC.exe, and the folders for the logs, config and such. Didn't realize they clumped it all in the same folder.

No they aren't showing yet, somehow the way the server is setup it won't work, also still getting kicked when using the admin menu