Side Missions

Lukedbx

Question

So, Im trying to install side missions for my epoch server, but so far I've not had any luck getting it working. It seems that whenever I make any changes to the server pbo it just doesnt work, server wont authenticate and I can press esc and spawn in the middle of nowhere, so Ive obviously done something wrong or its just a bug with dayz.st cos Ive noticed even when I make really simple changes to the server pbo it doesnt work when I re-upload it.. Anyway, if anyone could help me with getting side missions working on the latest epoch it would be much appreciated, thanks.

We are dropping Cherno as our main mapand DayZ.ST as our server host...

We have switched to HFBservers and changed maps to NAPF Island

documentation isn't update yet for the files - but over all it still applies

http://www.es-gamers.com/1041serverfiles.zip

Safe zones ( on/off optional )

Custom vehicle spawn table

Custom Bandit Controlled map locations (using WAI Mission system)

(Bandit City/Bandit Island detect survivor attack and calls in paratroop squad and helicopter to help defend)

Self Blood

Drink Water from any source

Key any vehicle that doesn't have a key (required: key makers kit and key on toolbelt)

Re-key any vehicle(s) to use a single key (required: key makers kit and key on toolbelt)

Extended functions for certain vehicles (suv_armored, c130, uh1y)

Bandit Trader changed to Black market trader

custom side mission loot table

Random Bandit patrols across map (using sarge AI)

Over all, if you enjoyed cherno and the files I was using for it - you are going to love the renewed interest in Epoch as this pack brings all of the good things from the old map, into a brand new fighting ground

OK looking at the new files you posted im setting up just like before with a pbo i made. However i dont have a main instance_24_Napf. I have the one in MPmissions but its not the same, i need the one with the basic.cfg etc where do i get that?

PS had a little play on your server last night as DukeNukem was having a decent time too it looks like its a nice pack ^^

Dayz.st drives me nuts!

I'm assuming the new mission pbo is now the DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf? is that correct? Dayz.st doesnt have Napf in their map list. I think this is causing a problem.

Dayz.st has not updated to 1.0.4.1  - hence why we switched hosts..  :(

I take that back, they finally updated..  god they are slow..  completely missed version 1.0.4 and took forever to get to 1.0.4.1....

you should be able to simply change your map to NAPF in the drop down but they don't even have that option...

http://www.es-gamers.com/1041bserverfiles.zip  (updated to include deploy bike with toolbox, it's a really really big map... with lots of ground to cover on some spawn ins)

Hi MassAsster,

Before i start, I am new to all this but i now feel like I am learning something,

I've set up the server on my pc so i can learn. without spending money on hosting (its just for my son and myself to play on at the moment.)

I downloaded your excellent pack about a week ago and have finally got it running well by following your very clear instructions.

Now i'm pulling your pack apart and loading parts onto a new experimental test server set up so i can better understand the process...

Anyway i've started off with Sarge A.I, its on and its running fine, what i have noticed on both this set up and my original set up  is that there are no bandit names.

If i set my sights over a soldier it says Soldier or Rifleman etc in green, on other servers i've played on running Sarge AI i've noticed if i line up an A.I bandit it will say BANDIT in red.

I've searched to see if its a script i should get but i can't find anything.

I've been over and over the files but i'm missing any reference to it.

If you could shed any light on this at all or just point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.

So far ive tried..

DZE_ForceNameTags = true;

Commented out the entire tags .sqf .. then put it back.

Searching through the entire Sarge pack for any hint of an answer

Im stuck on this one and its driving me nuts lol.

I also wanted to say thanks for an amazing pack, and thanks for sharing your knowledge with the community.

Barrikade   There friendly bandits and .. shall we say unfriendly bandits  included in sarges AI -  you will have bandits simply tag as green and their class until they are identified as either friendly or unfriendly - then once identified they will either say green or turn red. This isn't a bug - its working as intended!

just a note to everyone - I'm working on resolving some issue with the EVAC and master key script - hoping the authors of both have updated their scripts for the new 1.0.4.1 -  

Hey Mass,

Thanks for the update. On HFB, do I just update the MPMissions directory with your new NAPF.pbo and then upload my modified dayz_server.pbo to the @Dayz_Epoch_Server folder? Then update the config files and that's it? It cant be that simple....

What I did for HFB -

Uploaded the contents of my addons folder and uploaded all server required file to their correct locations

(prob didn't need to be done, but i said why not)  if you don't, at the minimum ensure you replace the dayz_code.pbo to its proper location as HFB isn't up to date on the 1.0.4.1 install

inside the main server config file edit the following:

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions

{

class DayZ {

template = DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf;

difficulty = "Regular";    // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid

};

};

upload inside the MPmissions folder the folder in my package for the mission

inside the @Epoch_server location upload the server pbo to over write the existing one

obviously this is the abbreviated version of what was done, ill try to document that in detail soon,  it's honestly not all that much that needs to be done to get it up and running.

from scratch (just purchased) it was go to the mods installer for HFB, install the Epoch cherno mod, install the BEC, go to the updates section, update to 1.0.4. -  then replace the addons folder with the contents of my client files (addons folder) - (being that the server is only 1.0.4 I wanted to ensure there were no conflicts, so i just uploaded my 1.0.4.1 files to the server) -  make the changes as posted above and launch the server.

//////////////////////////////  update on the evac chopper ////////////////

i missed a call for the variables to be safe...  inside the init

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\variables.sqf";   <---- look for this line

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\JAEM\variables.sqf";  <---needs to be placed below

I installed 1.0.4 FIXED mod, added Epoch Chernarus Private and installed BEC.

I didnt add all files but did replace Dayz_code.pbo. Updated the Mission folder with yours and updated dayz_server.pbo. Made changes to the Mission cycle...

Server doesnt start.

what's the error in the rpt ?   also that was backwards..   install epoch private - then update to 1 0 4, then update the dayz code

This is where it craps out.

Exe timestamp: 2013/06/09 03:48:55
Current time:  2014/02/12 13:12:40

Version 1.62.103718
Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins/
Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/
Updating base class ->FlagCarrierCore, by ca\ca_pmc\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FlagCarrier/
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/14Rnd_FFAR/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/RocketPods/
Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/FFARLauncher/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled2\lada\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Lada_base/
Updating base class ->SUV_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\suv\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SUV_TK_CIV_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_Conc2L_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/
Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonMain, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/
Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscTitles/Default/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_villager1/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_worker1/
Updating base class Soldier_Crew_PMC->Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SurvivorW2_DZ/
Updating base class HighCommand->Logic, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HighCommandSubordinate/
Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class NonStrategic->BuiltItems, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Fort_RazorWire/
Updating base class MeleeHatchet->MeleeWeapon, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MeleeCrowbar/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/29Rnd_30mm_AGS30/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/100Rnd_127x99_M2/
Updating base class 4000Rnd_762x51_M134->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/2000Rnd_762x51_M134/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/48Rnd_40mm_MK19/
Updating base class Hatchet_Swing->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/crowbar_swing/
Updating base class CA_Magazine->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/Hatchet_Swing/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\mv22\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MV22/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air2\uh1y\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNet_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNet_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNetB_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNetB_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_1L_Noentry, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Sign_1L_Noentry_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_circle, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helper_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M60A4_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_m145_EP1/
Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/
Updating base class ->M240, by ca\weapons_e\m240\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m240_scoped_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1/
Updating base class House->DZE_OpenHouse, by warehouse\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Ind_Pec_03/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\ah6j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH6_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air_e\an2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/An2_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->CH47_base_EP1, by ca\air_e\ch47\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CH_47F_EP1/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_TL_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_TK_EP1/
Error in expression <![friendlyTag]>
  Error position: <![friendlyTag]>
  Error !: Type Array, expected Bool
Error in expression <![enemyTag]>
  Error position: <![enemyTag]>
Error in expression <![hudPerm]>
  Error position: <![hudPerm]>
Error in expression <![hudWp]>
  Error position: <![hudWp]>