[TUTORIAL] How to install an overpoch server & custom loot tables

Matijs

Question

Determines the position of loot. You need it so loot spawns in the new dayzero buildings.

Would you put #include "CfgBuildingPos.hpp" at the end of cfgbuildingloot or in the description.ext?  or does epoch know to look for that file?

When updating to 1.0.5.1 while using Overpoch, would you have to re edit the batch file?

Because currently I can't get my server to load after adding the addons to my mission.sqm.

Getting this in my RPT

22:07:57 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.gms_k98, RH_m14, FHQ_Remington, FHQ_Remington_ammo, FHQ_Remington_msr, FHQ_Remington_xm2010, FHQ_Remington_acr, FHQ_Remington_rsass, VILAS_WWP, VILAS_RW_Forces, VILAS_WWP_CO, VILAS_RW_Forces_CO, ddopp_taserpack, smk_anims_lite, MicroAirVehicles, oz_is_objects, monaro, gsc_units_stalker_patch, american_law_enforcement, CYBP_Camels_Config, nissan_350z, ussr_cheytac, bb_mercenary, goosuksf, frb
22:07:57 Missing addons detected:
22:07:57 gms_k98
22:07:57 RH_m14
22:07:57 FHQ_Remington
22:07:57 FHQ_Remington_ammo
22:07:57 FHQ_Remington_msr
22:07:57 FHQ_Remington_xm2010
22:07:57 FHQ_Remington_acr
22:07:57 FHQ_Remington_rsass
22:07:57 VILAS_WWP
22:07:57 VILAS_RW_Forces
22:07:57 VILAS_WWP_CO
22:07:57 VILAS_RW_Forces_CO
22:07:57 ddopp_taserpack
22:07:57 smk_anims_lite
22:07:57 MicroAirVehicles
22:07:57 oz_is_objects
22:07:57 monaro
22:07:57 gsc_units_stalker_patch
22:07:57 american_law_enforcement
22:07:57 CYBP_Camels_Config
22:07:57 nissan_350z
22:07:57 ussr_cheytac
22:07:57 bb_mercenary
22:07:57 goosuksf
22:07:57 frb

You'll have to add @DayZOverwatch; to the launch parameters in the bath file. But you should be able to use the old batch file. And also make sure, you load your addons in the mission.sqm

had the same problem as this guy after adding the addons to missionsqm so i took Matijs advice to see if @DayZOverwatch was properly in the launch parameters for the bat file. now when i try to login it gets  to 4 kb into loading the mission file and just locks up. also does that awsome glitch where you a phantom user clone of yourself stays in the player list and wont allow you to try reconnections until a restart.

checking the RPT i find this at the end

"ErrorMessage: Include file z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf not found."

i had host check my batch file for any anomolies and it looks good

i did some search on here and google and no specific answer for the problem. any ideas?

also before i could just remove all the OW addons from the mission file and it would load in fine. but now after adding @DayZOverwatch to the bat it wont even get to the loading mission file part

EDIT: i reinstalled all my OW files and got past that error no its like this

# gs\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component111 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component112 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component113 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component114 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component115 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component116 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component117 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component118 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component119 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component120 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component121 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component122 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component123 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component124 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component125 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component126 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component127 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component128 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component129 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component130 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component131 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component132 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component133 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:02 Strange convex component134 in zero_buildings\models\mil_house_i.p3d:geometryView

19:00:03 Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/

19:00:03 Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/

19:00:06 Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/

19:00:08 Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/

19:00:08 Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/

19:00:08 Strange convex component81 in zero_buildings\models\housev_3i3_i.p3d:geometryFire

19:00:12 ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing

19:00:12 ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing

19:00:13 ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing

19:00:19 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl

19:00:20 "PRELOAD_ Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"

19:00:20 "MPframework inited"

hangs there 

tried adding it to end of CfgBuildingLoot.hpp and when i logged in server through an error saying that Residential was not defined and shutdown the server.  Moved it up a bracket and error again saying church was already defined.  Not sure whats going on there : (

Exact Error: File mpmissions\dayz_epoch_11.chernarus\customloot\CfgBuildingPos.hpp, Line 5: /CfgBuildingLoot.Church: Member already defined

tried adding it to end of CfgBuildingLoot.hpp and when i logged in server through an error saying that Residential was not defined and shutdown the server.  Moved it up a bracket and error again saying church was already defined.  Not sure whats going on there : (

If using loot tables posted by icomrade, make sure you only add CfgBuildingLoot.hpp to description. Rest of #includes he already included within those files, including building pos one, which is burried somewhere in middle of buildingLoot hpp. Had the same problem today, lol, drove me almost mad.

If using loot tables posted by icomrade, make sure you only add CfgBuildingLoot.hpp to description. Rest of #includes he already included within those files, including building pos one, which is burried somewhere in middle of buildingLoot hpp. Had the same problem today, lol, drove me almost mad.

lmao he sure did!!  Thank you for the mention because i was about to recode that... lol you have saved me hours!! lol

There are no errors at all, only added your edited hpp to the very top of description.ext that's all

Quite weird one.

Forgot to update my custom variables.sqf, lol.... my bad. Will edit this to report if this works out

edit: Yup, was my own fault... was using variables from 1.0.4.2, all works fine

what needs edit in variables ??

I just cant get any loot to spawn

this part ??

do we need to edit the loot_init.sqf ????

server wont load when I don't

loot wont spawn when I do

//init global arrays for Loot Chances
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\loot_init.sqf";
or this part
if (DZE_MissionLootTable) then {
dayz_baseTypes =  getArray (missionConfigFile >> "custom\CfgBuildingLoot.hpp" >> "Default" >> "zombieClass");
} else {
dayz_baseTypes =  getArray (configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> "Default" >> "zombieClass");
};

EDIT....... after 2 dayz of being an idiot I finally got loot

I had put the path in loot_init.sqf like this

_config = missionConfigFile >> "custom\CfgBuildingLoot";

and it only needs to be 

_config = missionConfigFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot";

now to get more loot to spawn

what needs edit in variables ??

I just cant get any loot to spawn

this part ??

do we need to edit the loot_init.sqf ????

server wont load when I don't

loot wont spawn when I do

//init global arrays for Loot Chances
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\loot_init.sqf";
or this part
dayz_baseTypes =  getArray (missionConfigFile >> "custom\CfgBuildingLoot.hpp" >> "Default" >> "zombieClass");
} else {
dayz_baseTypes =  getArray (configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> "Default" >> "zombieClass");
};

EDIT....... after 2 dayz of being an idiot I finally got loot

I had put the path in loot_init.sqf like this

_config = missionConfigFile >> "custom\CfgBuildingLoot";

and it only needs to be 

_config = missionConfigFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot";

now to get more loot to spawn

Got it fixed.. my issue now is upping how much loot spawns around a player. I upped the loot in buildings to 1.0 but more doesn't seem to spawn.I feel like nothing is spawning.

@calamity: you don't need to bring loot_init.sqf over to mission file, man. All you need to do is add this to init.sqf:

DZE_MissionLootTable = true;

it says right here on the tin:

if (DZE_MissionLootTable) then { // if true
	_config = missionConfigFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot"; //then find CfgBuildingLoot class in mission config, path is defined in description.ext
} else { // if false
	_config = configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot"; //then load loot from vanilla config.bin 
};

What this means is that you only need to enable bool in your init.sqf in mission file and tell description.ext a path where the config file is located. Simple as that.

description.ext

#include "custom\CfgBuildingLoot.hpp" //add this on top

As to variables: If you are using custom variables to allow certain objects using old variables.sqf, you might want to use diffmerge to update to a new file from github. That's all I did really. There's a explaining how it works.

Hello

I have a server with that I pay for and it is a overpoch Napf. My question is can I add all the skins from overwatch to my overpoch vendor, witch I made from watching raymix's video, the trader and items, not the server. What a great video btw.

I tried to add the "USSOF_US_Navy_SEALs_Saboteur" to my overpoch vendor and it just takes the gold and gives nothing. I noticed on the item list that there was no picture of the package you see for the skins. Just had the name in ( ).

here is what I put into the DB.

["USSOF_US_Navy_SEALs_Saboteur",1]  10 [2,"ItemGoldBar",1] [1,"ItemGoldBar",1] 0 695 trade_items

Hello

I have a server with that I pay for and it is a overpoch Napf. My question is can I add all the skins from overwatch to my overpoch vendor, witch I made from watching raymix's video, the trader and items, not the server. What a great video btw.

I tried to add the "USSOF_US_Navy_SEALs_Saboteur" to my overpoch vendor and it just takes the gold and gives nothing. I noticed on the item list that there was no picture of the package you see for the skins. Just had the name in ( ).

here is what I put into the DB.

["USSOF_US_Navy_SEALs_Saboteur",1]  10 [2,"ItemGoldBar",1] [1,"ItemGoldBar",1] 0 695 trade_items

You can only put vehicles, weapons or magazines (items) there. That's a skin classname.

So if skin magazine does not exist for it, you can not add it to traders by normal means. There is a custom skin trader script for overpoch found on forums tho.

If anyone cares, my issue has been resolved. Our server is through survivalservers.com and they have a separate "epochconfig.sqf" in a "configs" folder that the "DZE_MissionLootTable = true" line needs to go into, not the normal init.sqf as mentioned in this guide. If you are having problems with Overwatch loot not spawning & you're absolutely positive you've installed everything correctly like I was, check your install folder on your FTP for a similar config file.

BTW, I highly DO NOT recommend survivalservers, there support is horrible. Support tickets go unanswered for days & I think our server has been down more than it's been up due to constant DDOS attacks...

iComrade, thanks for sharing your loot tables, I've just been testing them out and I'm not sure if it's meant to be this way or something is wrong but only about 1 in 20 zombies has anything on them, is that how you have it configured or have I stuffed something up?

Hey i followed the tutorial and i get a black screen with "wait for host." someone in this thread had this issue earlier but their fix did not work for me. 
The only difference between my files and the guy that has done the video is the "@DayZ_Bak" folder. Would that be the issue?
And if so how do I get these files?

Cheers

Either that or i get "Hive Error, Error connecting to the service"

EDIT: So I don't know what was causing the black screen issue earlier however, that seems to have resolved itself. 
As for the "Hive Error, Error connecting to the service" I checked my HiveExt file in the instance-1-overpoch folder, and the username and password had reset itself. So name the username "root" and take away the password to fix the Hive error problem! 

Ok so after 4 hrs of going through those loot tables and testing them I found some serious problems, Overwatch ammo is added to every type of spawn at a rate far higher than anything else. Problem with that is if you're looking for industrial loot you'll barely find any because it's all ammo, if you're looking for medical loot you'll barely find any because it's all ammo. The zombies are broken as all hell, literally 1 in 20 is spawning with anything at all which is shit if you're looking for food, bandages or a combo lock. I'm going to spend more time tonight going through it to try and work out what's broken, when I finally do I'll reply back with a new copy of it, with more reasonable spawn rates.

I've done a comparison between turning the custom loot on and off and with the custom loot off (running standard Epoch 1.0.5.1), with a sample size of 50 I had 26 zombies with something on them. With the custom loot list provided by iComrade, of a sample size of 50 I had 15 zombies with items. I am going to get the original loot lists from Awols github and put the Overwatch weapons and ammo in one group at a time and test them until it does the same thing and I've resolved it. Once completed I'll upload it to my Google drive for you all.

I've already made significant changes to the rates at which Overwatch ammo spawn to bring them inline with existing Epoch ammo spawns, I've tested these spawns and industrial and medical loot spawns as per usual again. Those edits will be in the one I upload soon.

what i notice too much with this new loot structure is that you get alot of just whatever ammo here and there, and sometimes you find guns with no ammo spawning with them. 

before the 1.0.5.x structure seemed like overwatch loot tables spawned alot more guns with ammo with them and rarely any garbage ammo or guns with no ammo. also not nearly as much loot spawns in general. i hit up firehouses and on multiple occasions all three tiers of the tower had no loot spawning but at the bottom there was loot. but then again i hit up one firehouse and at the top theres a nice rifle and ammo. i dont get it. same thing with barracks. now seems like 1 out of three barracks spawns stuff right, 2 out 3 might have one or two active spawns?

whats the method behind the madness for the new loot system? is it sposed to make stuff alot more random or rarer and harder?

is there a quick way to tune up the loot so it guarantees every spot in the building will definitely spawn loot??

im using icomrades loot tables. and i used to find all sorts of guns in the normal gun spots before the new epoch version and now i find more overpoch ammo than guns ever. just seems weird