[Release] UEP BattlEye Extended Controller Installer

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Grave, awesome work!

I cant get BEC to work with scheduler or the restart.bat included, and modifying it.

BEC appears to simply ignore the cmd to run the restart.bat

I have set this as a try and noyhing. It doesnt run.

<job id='4'>
<start>000240</start>
<runtime>000000</runtime>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>0</loop>
<cmd>C:\PATH\restart.bat</cmd>
<cmdtype>1</cmdtype>

</job>

What a I doing wrong? How can I get BEC to run the bat properly?

take a note that the current work dir of the restart script is where your bec is located.
so if you want the current workdir for your bat script to be where its located. you need to set it in the bat script.
from reading the scheduler faq file i saw this,

4 - Keep in mind that the CWD (Current Work Directory) your bat|cmd script or program will have is the same as your Bec install.
       Let say the path you have your Bec installed is at (C:\Tools\Bec).
       This is and will be the CWD of your script even if its located in C:\Scripts\Myfile.bat or some other place.

Depending on your script and what it does, you might need to set a new work-dir by editing your script with something like:
       ::--------------------
       set NewCWD="C:\Scripts\"
       cd /d %NewCWD%

do stuff

this might be confusing for some people, espesially if they edit the script and mix up rel paths with abs pats and dont know the current workdir.
this might be a case where it would fail to run the restart script properly i belive.

take a note that the current work dir of the restart script is where your bec is located.

so if you want the current workdir for your bat script to be where its located. you need to set it in the bat script.

4 - Keep in mind that the CWD (Current Work Directory) your bat|cmd script or program will have is the same as your Bec install.

This is and will be the CWD of your script even if its located in C:\Scripts\Myfile.bat or some other place.

Depending on your script and what it does, you might need to set a new work-dir by editing your script with something like:

cd /d %NewCWD%

do stuff

this might be confusing for some people, espesially if they edit the script and mix up rel paths with abs pats and dont know the current workdir.

this might be a case where it would fail to run the restart script properly i belive.

You are exactly right, the batch file i provide already has this and the bec is told where to look for the batch. However in the same section of the FAQ is another interest comment, if bec is launched with the --dec argument it won't run external scripts. This may be the cause of the restart now working, I use to tell bec how to launch but was told by the bec creator it was no longer needed. I may re-implement how I use to call bec with specific arguments to see if it fixes the problem. 

Thanks again to everyone trying to help fix this problem as bec is critical to all our servers, I have been busy but will try to at least check this page more often  :D

Hi,

I've got an error when installing. After filling in the details and click "ok" for downloading BEC, about 30 secs later i get this error.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: uep bec installer.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 54498895
  Problem Signature 04: UEP BEC Installer v1.1
  Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06: 54498895
  Problem Signature 07: 1a
  Problem Signature 08: c
  Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidCastException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
  Locale ID: 5129
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Small Private Server & Hive

Hardware;

Intel Core i3 @ 3.10ghz

4gb mem

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit 

Install from directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I've got an error when installing. After filling in the details and click "ok" for downloading BEC, about 30 secs later i get this error.

Small Private Server & Hive

Hardware;

Intel Core i3 @ 3.10ghz

4gb mem

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit 

Install from directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Thanks for any help.

This caused by your .net framework not working correctly, since the installer itself is programmed in .net. You should look at forums using this as a search "Problem Event Name: CLR20r3" to try and fix the issue. 

cd /d %NewCWD%

do stuff

This fixed my problem. Thanks

*** V 1.603 ***
- Fixed: A bug when the time in the scheduler was set to 24:00:00 instead of 00:00:00
- FIxed: A Bug in Commands.xml file. if _name_ or _time_ was not set for the ban commands, no reason was given.

*** V 1.602 ***
- Improved: Auto remove starting and ending spaces from the tags in the xml files.
- Fixed: A typo in the code making WhiteListKickMsg not work unless it was spelled wrong.
- Added: New setting to [Misc] -> BeCustomBanFiles, define custom banfiles which will do a (loadbans file) if the file(s) gets changed.
- Added: Logging to BeLog-DATE.log, into about guid verification on player connect when using Bec Reporter. (Status report)
- Changed: SlotLimit chaned a bit again :\

*** V 1.601 ***
- Added: If the -f switch is forgotten, Bec will try and look for the file "Config.cfg" in the Config directory and use that one if it exists.
- Added: When loading plugins, Bec will display its version if the variable: __version__ is defined in the plugin __init__.py file
- Added: fortune as a command for the scheduler. <cmd>fortune</cmd>. will announce a random line from Config\fortune.txt
- ReAdded: A timeout of 3 sec is added before Bec.exe closes on startup errors, Ie missing "Config.cfg" etc..
- Improved: will automatically generate the __init__.py file in the Plugins directory if missing. (does not apply subdir), but will only do so if the directory exists and no --dpl used.
- Fixed: A encoding error that could happen when reading the scheduler file and doing jobs with none ascii. its to prevent spamming up the error.log unnecessary.
- Changed: SlotLimit changed to a more static method. number of reserved slots will no longer depend on admins online but the size of your admin file
- Misc: Plugins cleanup, and minor changes to them, a little updated docs etc,
        Plugins are not included in the Bec.zip file any more, but can instead be downloaded separately

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I downloaded this and started it up and filled out all of the fields, once it finishes and passes the prompt to start downloading BEC the window disappears and nothing else happens. I don't get the clean up and config prompt that is shown in the video. There is no error message or anything, there is just a small amount of network activity when I click ok on the download prompt. In the instance 11 battle eye folder it creates the BEC folder and inside is the zipped BEC folder. Any ideas?

When the download window disappears it means that the installer is downloading the BEC.zip from the official website. It is a slow download as it is, but the download can be slowed by the load on the official BEC server or load on your connection. The zip folder is created as the full file is downloaded as a place holder and it will say the full expected file size as well. The installer isn't finished and it hasn't errored out it is simply taking a while to download the file for one reason or another.  

• 4 weeks later...