grave867

[Release] UEP BattlEye Extended Controller Installer

Are both of you staying logged into windows when running the server?

I am going to see if I can replicate your issue.

There isn't anything you should have to do after install.

I guess so, i access the box via RDP, as its only a test server i can give you the RDP info if you want to take a look.

I was logged in remotely the first time but not the 2nd.

It's starts fine using start.bat and the messages show fine, it then shuts the server down and stops, server stays offline until manually restarting.

I've since bought Firedaemon so i no longer have a need for UEP but i wish you luck in the future with this :)

Just a thought but BattlEye is having isssues (Once again) :unsure: does UEP require BE in any way ? as in could this have a knock on effect with BEC's schedule system i wonder.

Possibly I don't know.

BTW if you log out of windows then log back in the schedulers don't work for executing files, it is a windows thing. That is why my next version of the tool will have server virtualization which will allow you to log out without messing up the scheduler, which will allow for multiple servers to run on one box.

Possibly I don't know.

BTW if you log out of windows then log back in the schedulers don't work for executing files, it is a windows thing. That is why my next version of the tool will have server virtualization which will allow you to log out without messing up the scheduler, which will allow for multiple servers to run on one box.

Can you expand on this a little, possibly with a reference? I have had this working before while not constantly being logged in via RDP but i cannot remember how, and if we have to wait for a new version, what is the ETA on this? 

Many thanks.

Can you expand on this a little, possibly with a reference? I have had this working before while not constantly being logged in via RDP but i cannot remember how, and if we have to wait for a new version, what is the ETA on this? 

Many thanks.

windows will not auto run files that are being executed within an existing running program unless it is a service when logged out, which is why windows event scheduler exists for system admins. However I may have a simple way of turning the restarts into a service fairly easily and will try to have it done sometime this coming weekend at the earliest, lastest hopefully being the following week.

Update released version 1.602. Anyone have the change logs?>

*** V 1.602 ***
- Improved: Auto remove starting and ending spaces from the tags in the xml files.
- Fixed: A typo in the code making WhiteListKickMsg not work unless it was spelled wrong.
- Added: New setting to [Misc] -> BeCustomBanFiles, define custom banfiles which will do a (loadbans file) if the file(s) gets changed.
- Added: Logging to BeLog-DATE.log, into about guid verification on player connect when using Bec Reporter. (Status report)
- Changed: SlotLimit chaned a bit again :\

windows will not auto run files that are being executed within an existing running program unless it is a service when logged out, which is why windows event scheduler exists for system admins. However I may have a simple way of turning the restarts into a service fairly easily and will try to have it done sometime this coming weekend at the earliest, lastest hopefully being the following week.

Any news on the update?

I think I can more clearly explain for some why the auto-restart function is not working ( I hope I won't need a disclaimer for this). The way the scheduler is setup by default will after whatever pre-defined time you chose shutdown the server and then wait ten seconds before launching the bat file that will re-launch the server.

Now the problem with that is after the server is shutdown, the BEC will only wait just a few seconds before closing down because it does not detect a server. Since the provided schedule waits ten seconds to run "start.bat" BEC will instead close and that portion of the schedule never even gets a chance to run.

To solve the issue simply run the command to launch "start.bat" in the same function as the #shutdown command. I have provided an example here:

<!-- 12:00 AM restart -->
<job id='12'>
    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
    <start>23:45:00</start>
    <runtime>000000</runtime>
    <loop>0</loop>
    <cmd>say -1 This server will restart in 15 minutes</cmd>
</job>

<job id='13'>
    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
    <start>23:55:00</start>
    <loop>0</loop>
    <cmd>say -1 This server will restart in 5 minute, log out now to prevent item loss!</cmd>
</job>

<job id='14'>
    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
    <start>23:59:00</start>
    <loop>0</loop>
    <cmd>say -1 This server will restart in 1 minute, Log out now!</cmd>
</job>

<job id='15'>
    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
    <start>00:00:00</start>
    <loop>0</loop>
    <cmd>#shutdown</cmd>
    <cmd>B:\DayZ Server\restart.bat</cmd>
</job>
<!-- End 12:00 AM restart -->

Please do not use this code as a copy/paste solution as that will not fix your issue, this is simply provided as a means of reference.

I guess that was my disclaimer <_<

Beans to alecwilcox for originally providing the solution for me:

Also for my problem i just changed it so it shutdown the server and runs the bat at the same time. This is ok becuase there is already a 7 sec delay built into the restart.bat

Cant log in to the bansys web site, setup the account .. added the reporter .. even reset the password.. nada .. zip .. nothing .. whats the dealio ? 
Does it just take time to fully work , [ Reporter ] = the username and password from the website ? or one from admin list or what ?

as a follow-up issue, now I seem to be launching two copies of the server for some reason. Its not a huge deal because everyone connects on the default port but it is strange.

Only 2 ? :p i ran it last night and woke up to 6 versions of the server running, any idea what that is? :|

I think I can more clearly explain for some why the auto-restart function is not working ( I hope I won't need a disclaimer for this). The way the scheduler is setup by default will after whatever pre-defined time you chose shutdown the server and then wait ten seconds before launching the bat file that will re-launch the server.

Now the problem with that is after the server is shutdown, the BEC will only wait just a few seconds before closing down because it does not detect a server. Since the provided schedule waits ten seconds to run "start.bat" BEC will instead close and that portion of the schedule never even gets a chance to run.

To solve the issue simply run the command to launch "start.bat" in the same function as the #shutdown command. I have provided an example here:

<!-- 12:00 AM restart -->
<job id='12'>
    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
    <start>23:45:00</start>
    <loop>0</loop>
    <cmd>say -1 This server will restart in 15 minutes</cmd>
</job>

<job id='13'>
    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
    <start>23:55:00</start>
    <loop>0</loop>
    <cmd>say -1 This server will restart in 5 minute, log out now to prevent item loss!</cmd>
</job>

<job id='14'>
    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
    <start>23:59:00</start>
    <loop>0</loop>
    <cmd>say -1 This server will restart in 1 minute, Log out now!</cmd>
</job>

<job id='15'>
    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
    <start>00:00:00</start>
    <loop>0</loop>
    <cmd>#shutdown</cmd>
    <cmd>B:\DayZ Server\restart.bat</cmd>
</job>
<!-- End 12:00 AM restart -->

Please do not use this code as a copy/paste solution as that will not fix your issue, this is simply provided as a means of reference.

I guess that was my disclaimer <_<

Beans to alecwilcox for originally providing the solution for me:

This could possibly be causing the problem, in older versions of BEC it would wait 30 seconds before terminating the BEC application and that is what i calculated for. However I would advise calling the restart file from a new command block.

Cant log in to the bansys web site, setup the account .. added the reporter .. even reset the password.. nada .. zip .. nothing .. whats the dealio ? 

Does it just take time to fully work , [ Reporter ] = the username and password from the website ? or one from admin list or what ?

I have no idea how long it takes for the reporter accounts to be setup, I personally haven't set mine up yet so I have no point of reference for you. :(

I have a couple ways that I can code the server virtualization feature but each one has a different span of backwards compatibility, so I need some input.... What is the oldest OS version that you guys are using for a Dayz Server?

In advance thanks for the help guys  :)

Sorry it took me so long to report back, i forgot I had posted the issue.

The solution for the restarts creating multiple server copies can be solved by simply creating a separate task set to run at the same time that issues the restart command, for some reason the scheduler will not allow two commands in one task.

@poweredbypot thanks for helping resolve that issue, I will change it on my end as well.  :D

Currently mine are all on windows 2008 R2 

Thanks for the reply, if no one else posts their OS version then I will just write the code to were it is backwards compatible up until Vista/2008 R1.