[Release] UEP BattlEye Extended Controller Installer

I personally have no idea why the restarts or messages wouldn't work. When BEC starts does it say scheduled 42 tasks if so it should be working. If not then BEC can't find your scheduler and you will have to delete all those files and use the installer again. If it still doesn't show up after that then idk :huh:

Make sure you have a bans.txt

Also for my problem i just changed it so it shutdown the server and runs the bat at the same time. This is ok becuase there is already a 7 sec delay built into the restart.bat

This solution may be caused by the fact that your computer takes longer to restart the server and bec is executed with not enough to time to locate the server since the server takes so long to start. 

I personally have no idea why the restarts or messages wouldn't work. When BEC starts does it say scheduled 42 tasks if so it should be working. If not then BEC can't find your scheduler and you will have to delete all those files and use the installer again. If it still doesn't show up after that then idk :huh:

When I click on the start.bat in my main server folder, a black window comes up and with something about waiting so many seconds press any key. So I let that count down and then another couple of lines of text flash up in the black window but then the window closes itself before I get a chance to see what the lines say. Not sure if that is the 42 tasks thing you're on about?

After the window disappears I get a BEC splash window (red/silver) which stays on for a few moments, along with the boxes and ticks showing me that arma2oa is starting. After a short while the these disappear and I'm left with the usual server host box.

Make sure you have a bans.txt

Also for my problem i just changed it so it shutdown the server and runs the bat at the same time. This is ok becuase there is already a 7 sec delay built into the restart.bat

I didn't have this in my files so I added it in the same folder with whitelist, admins, scheduler etc, but it's made no difference. I still get no restarts, no messages or anything.

Any other thoughts before I have to try reinstalling it?

This solution may be caused by the fact that your computer takes longer to restart the server and bec is executed with not enough to time to locate the server since the server takes so long to start. 

No becasue when i run the restart bat it works. It looks like to me that the delay between the server stopping and bec running the bat file is too long that bec shutsdown becasue it has lost connection to the armaserver.

The simplest check to know if BEC is even running at all would be to see the messages come up in game. At least then I would know it's processing something. I am sure it's something extremely basic like my file paths are wrong but for the life of me, I've checked again and again. 

The simplest check to know if BEC is even running at all would be to see the messages come up in game. At least then I would know it's processing something. I am sure it's something extremely basic like my file paths are wrong but for the life of me, I've checked again and again. 

The file paths shouldn't be wrong unless you changed file names from the default server install.

No becasue when i run the restart bat it works. It looks like to me that the delay between the server stopping and bec running the bat file is too long that bec shutsdown becasue it has lost connection to the armaserver.

If anything the wait time would be too short since bec doesn't care when it starts just as long as the server is fully running when it starts.

However I recently updated the tool for people who don't have a database password, since before if you didn't have one the tool wouldn't work.

The best thing I can recommend is to do a fresh install of your server and then use the UEP BEC Installer again. This is not the first time I have had people not get it to work then they do a fresh install and then everything is fine. Generally if the tool doesn't work right out of the box it is something that you have done to your server that is causing it not to work.

hey im having a problem i do every step and on the last one after the second message inpput box the next step comes up and its blank and ive tried putting the batch location and what not and after i proceed nothing seems to happen

I honestly don't know why that would happen, download it again and try again?....if the problem persists there may be something wrong with your windows interpreter.  :mellow:

After the last step mine crashed, I had no idea what to enter so i left it blank.

It goes from step 7 of 7 and then opens up a blank box (See attached image), no idea what goes there, after pressing ok it crashes.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    uep bec installer.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.1.2.0
  Problem Signature 03:    54012ca8
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    4.0.30319.18408
  Problem Signature 06:    52310b91
  Problem Signature 07:    e85
  Problem Signature 08:    99
  Problem Signature 09:    System.InvalidCastException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

post-5581-0-70949300-1410282850_thumb.pn

Thanks for the input guys, I went through the code and fixed the hang up problem. My IDE auto complete added something that wasn't suppose to be there the last time I made an edit. Thanks for your patience guys, the fix is live on my github it took me a while to post it since I just got the time to set up my desktop again.

When you make your server you define a folder, whatever folder you copied your server files into is the same folder you put the program in.

ex:

mine is:  Z:\epoch_server\

all the arma 2 and arma 2 OA files are in that folder, so is the UEP BEC installer.exe. Run as administrator and after a few questions and a minute or so after picking the map type bec is ready to run. just find the "start.bat" in the folder and double click on it.

be sure your server is running before you click the "start.bat".

you can edit the messages or timed restarts at your leisure. 

When it says extract into server folder, which folder is this specifically?

Well it installed fine and shut the server down, It then fails to restart it :unsure:

Some documentation would help, what needs done after install ?

*Edit*

Let it run a second time and same thing, server stops but never restarts.

Same issue here, it stops the server, but fails to start back up again, if i run restart.bat manually it works fine, any ideas ?