[PROJECT] Gold Coin based Single Currency & Banking System

that test server has some problems. 

seems like the same DB leak problems that Arma 2 City Life has.

when it finally does let you in it logs you in as a bird, then kicks you for Create Vehicle Restriction. 

good luck with that

That can pretty much happen on any server lol.

that test server has some problems. 

seems like the same DB leak problems that Arma 2 City Life has.

when it finally does let you in it logs you in as a bird, then kicks you for Create Vehicle Restriction. 

good luck with that

That can pretty much happen on any server lol.

And dont know about which server he is talking about ^^

My server has a super fast startup and loadin time

Sorry I skimmed the thread and see lots of interest and lots of potential backers but has this project come anywhere near a stable, releasable build yet? If not I'd like to throw my dollars in as well, I'll throw $50 US at it, maybe even $100 if it works like the one I've seen on CCG. Sadly I don't have a dedicated server to work with so I wouldn't be able to use something that requires major changes to ARMA beyond what I can get to through FTP.

Has someone thought about maybe firing off a kickstarter or something then emailing all the server owners around the place? We'd of course need to secure the participation of someone who can develop it end to end first who we can pay.

Where do you download this stable build? Going through the posts back a little bit you stated there is not a stable build, now there is....Where? ;)

Build. Not release, sorry. We release when we are happy with a full working result

Try  with some sleep and couple of times to be sure.

[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,_unittype] spawn player_humanityMorph;
player setVariable["bank",_bubank,true];
player setVariable["CharacterID",zupa_cid,true];
player setVariable ["headShots", _money,true];
sleep 0.2;
sleep 3;
player addMagazine _item;

unfortunately this didn't work :( I guess ill just remove all skins from the server until stables out.

unfortunately this didn't work :( I guess ill just remove all skins from the server until stables out.

You probable forget to get the character id first, otherwise he doesnt know what the charid is:

before cloth change;

zupa_cid =player getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];
_bubank = player getVariable ["bank", 0];
_money = player getVariable ["headShots", 0];

What needs to be done to @epoch_server to make it work? I might be able to convince my hosting provider to load it in for me. Is the popup issue a breaker or can it still be used and is just a slight annoyance? Thanks for getting back to me so fast Zupa.

Sorry I skimmed the thread and see lots of interest and lots of potential backers but has this project come anywhere near a stable, releasable build yet? If not I'd like to throw my dollars in as well, I'll throw $50 US at it, maybe even $100 if it works like the one I've seen on CCG. Sadly I don't have a dedicated server to work with so I wouldn't be able to use something that requires major changes to ARMA beyond what I can get to through FTP.

Has someone thought about maybe firing off a kickstarter or something then emailing all the server owners around the place? We'd of course need to secure the participation of someone who can develop it end to end first who we can pay.

Yes, I have thought about it and decided to keep it simple & not to get anything financial going.

When the work is released, people can download & test it, and if they like it, they can show their appreciation by donating directly to the account details Zupa will provide.

Thanks for this! Added you to the 1st post as 17th project backer.

As of now. When i talked to Zupa. He said, he is stuck on the new hive calls. He cant get em working. Not even the examples they give in the documentation. So there is no way he can proceed without some help. No further development is beign done since a week. Zupa is busy tweeking his old currency system for his clan server. He is getting alot of players and he is busy administrating.

The old coin script is working great with no problems on zupas clan server. But it will never be released. Not becuase Zupa doesnt wanna share it. Its becuase once its released and poeple know how it works. It can be hacked easily. And that would be a disaster on zupas server and his hardworked script.

So, We need something to give Zupa a little push on his development or work with someone else. Right now we could really get help from sungle currency server owners, C++ developers or epoch developers. I bet they read this post everyday and just laugh at us struggling at this while they enjoy thier script on thier server. I am not asking you single currency owners for your script. Just need a little help while we develop it ourselves.

This post has reached its 11th page with no good progress. We are still stuck on pre steps to the "Single Currency and Coin Script". Lets get the donations together and offer them to whoever will get this working toghether with us. And it makes over $1000 .

As of now. When i talked to Zupa. He said, he is stuck on the new hive calls. He cant get em working. Not even the examples they give in the documentation. So there is no way he can proceed without some help. No further development is beign done since a week. Zupa is busy tweeking his old currency system for his clan server. He is getting alot of players and he is busy administrating.

The old coin script is working great with no problems on zupas clan server. But it will never be released. Not becuase Zupa doesnt wanna share it. Its becuase once its released and poeple know how it works. It can be hacked easily. And that would be a disaster on zupas server and his hardworked script.

So, We need something to give Zupa a little push on his development or work with someone else. Right now we could really get help from sungle currency server owners, C++ developers or epoch developers. I bet they read this post everyday and just laugh at us struggling at this while they enjoy thier script on thier server. I am not asking you single currency owners for your script. Just need a little help while we develop it ourselves.

This post has reached its 11th page with no good progress. We are still stuck on pre steps to the "Single Currency and Coin Script". Lets get the donations together and offer them to whoever will get this working toghether with us. And it makes over $1000 .

Told you guys to use Arma2NET but Zupa wants to do hive calls....

As a student who is working late jobs to finance his overpriced appartment, 1000$ are very exciting of course.. But then I am thinking about how hard it is to get players on your server, how hard it is to stick out of the crowd, and i see servers like MGT (no offense there you do a good job at what you do), that run almost vanilla files get lots of players, whilest me and others have to stick to their 30-40 players maximum....

Having a money system publically available would throw us all back one step, making the populated because good servers more empty, but the not populated, less well scripted servers not any fuller....

So you tell me? Take the money and develop other custom scripts to stick out again or leave it and watch someone else get it and seeing the same result...?

Well so much for that, i just had to get it off my mind and I will take a decision soon i suppose

Insurrection Gaming have recently added the coin system to their Overpoch server(s), not sure where they got it from though.

I noticed that too, Shogun is a very good scripter, should see if he's willing to help, I used to play on his servers till I opened my 3, if there is any need for any more testing servers I can setup another to run alongside my existing 3 if its of any help :)

Told you guys to use Arma2NET but Zupa wants to do hive calls....

As a student who is working late jobs to finance his overpriced appartment, 1000$ are very exciting of course.. But then I am thinking about how hard it is to get players on your server, how hard it is to stick out of the crowd, and i see servers like MGT (no offense there you do a good job at what you do), that run almost vanilla files get lots of players, whilest me and others have to stick to their 30-40 players maximum....

Having a money system publically available would throw us all back one step, making the populated because good servers more empty, but the not populated, less well scripted servers not any fuller....

So you tell me? Take the money and develop other custom scripts to stick out again or leave it and watch someone else get it and seeing the same result...?

Well so much for that, i just had to get it off my mind and I will take a decision soon i suppose

Let for example say i would go use arma2net, what differs it from 999 calls? i'll start.

Simular ( sqlplugin arma2net, hive 999):

- Same query builds up ( the unsafe part). It execute's a sql query. 

// Arma2Net
_selectTest = "Arma2Net.Unmanaged" callExtension "Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['player_data', 'SELECT Money FROM users Where PlayerId = 65']";

//999 ( im @ work atm, so no access at my files, so maybe a bit wrong syntax
_key = [Call:999 Select money from user where playerid = 65];

Then the difference between 999 calls:

- 999: Change 1 file in @epoch_server, and 2 files in root arma2 directory.

- Arma2net: .Net Framework installed, Arma2Net installed, Sqlplugin installed. 

Can you clearify the rest for me why i have to change to arma2net. If i missed something and you're right then it would be awesome

Arma2NET is not hard to install, of course it needs a dedicated server or you would need to ask your hoster to put the files in for you. Basically it comes down to dropping 2 files into your root of your Arma server and then editing a database setting there and done.

Then why use Arma2NET over 999 hive calls:

1. We can have multiple databases connected via Arma2NET, for example i have functions that calculate money amounts from all my servers, i have different databases for some other stats that i am saving, i have backup databases that are mirrored with the live one etc.. And with relatively simple SQL queries i can manage all of those things from ingame via Arma2NET..

2. We can/could write our custom plugins for it making it even more versatile and useful (allthough it is not really relevant here)

3. We can use it for anything! If you create new hive calls you are usually limited to a table that you want to work in and have to define what exactly is supposed to happen in there. With Arma2NET we can execute any SQL query, we can save anything anywhere, we can grab data from anywhere and put it in different databases, we have total freedom.

Now what exactl syntax would we use now to grab/write stuff into the database?

Somewhere in a script that we hide of course in the server and call via publicVariableServer, we use this code

_key = format["UPDATE player_money SET Money='%2' WHERE PlayerUID='%1'",_player,_amount];
diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE: "+ str(_key));

_key call money_hiveWrite;

where we send _player and _amount, as the PlayerUID and the new money to write into the database. Player_money would be a new table we create to save the money values in. (go away from the default tables, they suck and will make chaos)

Now our money_hiveWrite is the function that will take the code we gave it (saved in the _key variable) and will execute it.

money_hiveWrite = {
	private["_data"];
	_data = format["Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['dayz_epoch2',""%1""]",_this];
	SQL_RESULT = "Arma2Net.Unmanaged" callExtension _data;
};

dayz_epoch2 is the name of the database we choose to write in. (unless player_data is your database you had an error in there)...

And that is it, easy as cake!

You could execute cleanups, you could coordinate missions (a project i am working on right now), you could even hide entire blocks of code in a database cell and call compile it after you have read it via SQL query.

Just watch out for very large strings/ arrays as those seems to cause problems, so you would need to split them up and then put them back together afterwards....

I hope that helps out a little ;)

Cheers!

Arma2NET is not hard to install, of course it needs a dedicated server or you would need to ask your hoster to put the files in for you. Basically it comes down to dropping 2 files into your root of your Arma server and then editing a database setting there and done.

Then why use Arma2NET over 999 hive calls:

1. We can have multiple databases connected via Arma2NET, for example i have functions that calculate money amounts from all my servers, i have different databases for some other stats that i am saving, i have backup databases that are mirrored with the live one etc.. And with relatively simple SQL queries i can manage all of those things from ingame via Arma2NET..

2. We can/could write our custom plugins for it making it even more versatile and useful (allthough it is not really relevant here)

3. We can use it for anything! If you create new hive calls you are usually limited to a table that you want to work in and have to define what exactly is supposed to happen in there. With Arma2NET we can execute any SQL query, we can save anything anywhere, we can grab data from anywhere and put it in different databases, we have total freedom.

Now what exactl syntax would we use now to grab/write stuff into the database?

Somewhere in a script that we hide of course in the server and call via publicVariableServer, we use this code

_key = format["UPDATE player_money SET Money='%2' WHERE PlayerUID='%1'",_player,_amount];
diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE: "+ str(_key));

_key call money_hiveWrite;

where we send _player and _amount, as the PlayerUID and the new money to write into the database. Player_money would be a new table we create to save the money values in. (go away from the default tables, they suck and will make chaos)

Now our money_hiveWrite is the function that will take the code we gave it (saved in the _key variable) and will execute it.

money_hiveWrite = {
	private["_data"];
	_data = format["Arma2NETMySQLCommand ['dayz_epoch2',""%1""]",_this];
	SQL_RESULT = "Arma2Net.Unmanaged" callExtension _data;
};

dayz_epoch2 is the name of the database we choose to write in. (unless player_data is your database you had an error in there)...

And that is it, easy as cake!

You could execute cleanups, you could coordinate missions (a project i am working on right now), you could even hide entire blocks of code in a database cell and call compile it after you have read it via SQL query.

Just watch out for very large strings/ arrays as those seems to cause problems, so you would need to split them up and then put them back together afterwards....

I hope that helps out a little ;)

Cheers!

Ok then, ill make a version with arma2net, i expect a working realease  on next monday. 

Cheers and thx for the help.

I believe the limit is 4096 bytes at the moment for a single string on an extension call.

Just my 2 cents ;)