[PROJECT] Gold Coin based Single Currency & Banking System

I think this is starting to get out of hand. People want to get the script on thier hands with the exuse of letting Devs borrow the server. I would request devs and mgm to not accept any more test servers

I fully agree, the test servers they have now is enough imo.

As of now the script looks great and I can't wait for it to get released! 

I think this is starting to get out of hand. People want to get the script on thier hands with the exuse of letting Devs borrow the server. I would request devs and mgm to not accept any more test servers

Bingo

Guys, what we have is already publicly available. It is Zupa's working code from his server (what he already had before this project) and he's kindly sharing the code so noone is tricking us by offering test server :)

Guys, what we have is already publicly available. It is Zupa's working code from his server (what he already had before this project) and he's kindly sharing the code so noone is tricking us by offering test server :)

Oh, I didn't know that it was available for public already.

I guess I missed that part from the main thread lol.

Theres an issue with the Hiveext file on our server,

Our host said the reason our server crashes every once in awhile is because:

Your server seems to be triggering an issue inside the HiveExt.ini file, which in turn causes ArmA to crash and restart itself.
From the HiveExt.log:
2014-07-08 22:01:22 Database: [Error] Error 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<null> WHERE `CharacterID` = 1063' at line 1) in MySQLQuery SQL: 'UPDATE `character_data` SET `HeadshotsZ` = <null> WHERE `CharacterID` = 1063'

Im not really good at MySQL but does anyone here know that this might be?

Theres an issue with the Hiveext file on our server,

Our host said the reason our server crashes every once in awhile is because:

Your server seems to be triggering an issue inside the HiveExt.ini file, which in turn causes ArmA to crash and restart itself.

From the HiveExt.log:

2014-07-08 22:01:22 Database: [Error] Error 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<null> WHERE `CharacterID` = 1063' at line 1) in MySQLQuery SQL: 'UPDATE `character_data` SET `HeadshotsZ` = <null> WHERE `CharacterID` = 1063'

Im not really good at MySQL but does anyone here know that this might be?

The issue is in the code. Arma crashes if SQL gets a wrong query.

The issue is:

A player changed clothes. So old char gets deleted, and new char gets made. Now, if the char doesnt get a CHARID on time. He doesnt have it and it's <null> . This crashes your sql so your server asswell. 

Now to solve this, edit your player_wearClothes.sqf and see that CharacterID is set correctly after clothing chages, also do money and bank to be sure.

This never happens in the stable build btw. ( Which isnt released)

I

Oh sorry read it fast. Any idea on when it will be released?

We are all looking forward to it but no ETA provided yet. All development work is on one man's (Zupa's) shoulders so it might take a while...

Anyone ever thought ad having a look in the Arma 2 life scripts? There are ATM's which are basically banks, hell maybe you're able to just take the script that does this and make it DayZ compatible?

I think this should be easy enough ;)

This script will soon go live to public soon and it will be a big slap to the face for people who already made the script but just not sharing it, even though they use dozens of other scripts created by the help of the community.

One of the many reasons that someone is NOT sharing their scripts is because there are many people that just steal scripts from others. The server owner(s) might be interested in sharing it but simply no one ever asked... Every thought about that? I get your point but think about this aswel...

Regards,

Dutchy

Anyone ever thought ad having a look in the Arma 2 life scripts? There are ATM's which are basically banks, hell maybe you're able to just take the script that does this and make it DayZ compatible?

I think this should be easy enough ;)

One of the many reasons that someone is NOT sharing their scripts is because there are many people that just steal scripts from others. The server owner(s) might be interested in sharing it but simply no one ever asked... Every thought about that? I get your point but think about this aswel...

Regards,

Dutchy

Nobody shares single currency. Believe me, alot tried. 

My design for banking comes from life design.

WHat u suggest is the easy part. The actual difficulty is the database connections which we want to make global and safe working for everyone. 

Alright, well i wish you guys the best of luck with the project ;)

Nobody shares single currency. Believe me, alot tried. 

I didn't specifically ment for SC, i ment with a lot of other scripts. A good example is Map edits...

Regards,

Dutchy

Still getting an error. It is clothes related. Players can change clothes the first hour of uptime but usually after that the server crashes with this:

2014-07-10 18:29:07 Database: [Error] Error 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<null> WHERE `CharacterID` = 1121' at line 1) in MySQLQuery SQL: 'UPDATE `character_data` SET `HeadshotsZ` = <null> WHERE `CharacterID` = 1121'

This is what we put in to the player_wearclothes.sqf:

player setVariable["HeadshotsZ",headshotsz,true];

nothing

put this beneath private at the top of the file

headshotsz = player getVariable ["HeadshotsZ", 0];

nothing

any ideas?

that test server has some problems. 

seems like the same DB leak problems that Arma 2 City Life has.

when it finally does let you in it logs you in as a bird, then kicks you for Create Vehicle Restriction. 

good luck with that

which test server? there is only 1 official test server atm that has no crashes/ issues reported yet.

Still getting an error. It is clothes related. Players can change clothes the first hour of uptime but usually after that the server crashes with this:

2014-07-10 18:29:07 Database: [Error] Error 1064 (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<null> WHERE `CharacterID` = 1121' at line 1) in MySQLQuery SQL: 'UPDATE `character_data` SET `HeadshotsZ` = <null> WHERE `CharacterID` = 1121'

This is what we put in to the player_wearclothes.sqf:

player setVariable["HeadshotsZ",headshotsz,true];

nothing

put this beneath private at the top of the file

headshotsz = player getVariable ["HeadshotsZ", 0];

nothing

any ideas?

Try  with some sleep and couple of times to be sure.

[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,_unittype] spawn player_humanityMorph;
player setVariable["bank",_bubank,true];
player setVariable["CharacterID",zupa_cid,true];
player setVariable ["headShots", _money,true];
sleep 0.2;
player setVariable ["headShots", _money,true];
sleep 3;
player addMagazine _item;