[PROJECT] Gold Coin based Single Currency & Banking System

I own infistar, i can offer to stress test but dont have lots of players. I can tho offer to test the script with the anti hack, if it works or not. I can also try to make it compatible with the antihack and write up instructions. 

The request for antihack was just to have a running server. Im not in the mood paying for one but it's nessecary for a decent server ^^. The scripts works with a antihack. It's made under infistar antihack. You just need to add the windows to the antihack allowed array.

It needs to be a dedi btw for this

mgm are you capable of adding me to one of the developers too? im willing to code this till its done

Sure, I will speak with Zupa as he is in charge of technical side now - I'll PM you accordingly.

Will this be available for non-dedicated servers such as Vilayer?!?!

Zupa could you please advise on this? Thanks. 

If ZUPA is willing to share the .dll with the 999 call then I will have a look to see if it can be leveraged safely.  I do have some ideas that should work and keep control firmly in the server owners pocket.

Well, I got a compiled version which i'll put in the github soon. 

For the decompiled version if i remmeber correctly it's here; 

https://github.com/rajkosto/hive

Will this be available for non-dedicated servers such as Vilayer?!?!

Depends, 

IF we find a way with the original hive (custom calls like 5xx) then EVERYONE can do it.

IF we dont and stay with 999. Admins that can reach their gamefiles on the server can do it.

IF we use arma2net ( which i find the same as 999 but way more setting up). Only on DEDI's

Well, I got a compiled version which i'll put in the github soon. 

For the decompiled version if i remmeber correctly it's here; 

https://github.com/rajkosto/hive

Would prefer not to have to install the compilers and try to get them all working.  I do not have a copy of Visual Studio so the compiled version is preferred.

Hello all,

First of all it is great to see so many people with so much insight working together for the greater benefit of the Epoch Community.

I would really like to say/ask a few if not minor suggestions for the end use of the SC & BS.

If the SC & BS is to have broad-based appeal it should be usable on the most but not exclusively for the main platform that is used by server owners. ie. Vilayer,VertHost ext

Although in saying this, I would gladly switch to DEDI just to run this and probably will end up doing this anyway.

On a personal note and it is exactly that,personal preference. I would really like to see smooth and sleek dialog interfaces used instead of scroll menu options  eg.  http://imgur.com/a/DWEUv#6  (see image #3 & #7).

I know it may sound strange to some but I'm actually looking forward to donating the $100 to get the SC & BS out for public release.

Just my 2cents

STENCH

Hello all,

First of all it is great to see so many people with so much insight working together for the greater benefit of the Epoch Community.

I would really like to say/ask a few if not minor suggestions for the end use of the SC & BS.

If the SC & BS is to have broad-based appeal it should be usable on the most but not exclusively for the main platform that is used by server owners. ie. Vilayer,VertHost ext

Although in saying this, I would gladly switch to DEDI just to run this and probably will end up doing this anyway.

On a personal note and it is exactly that,personal preference. I would really like to see smooth and sleek dialog interfaces used instead of scroll menu options  eg.  http://imgur.com/a/DWEUv#6  (see image #3 & #7).

I know it may sound strange to some but I'm actually looking forward to donating the $100 to get the SC & BS out for public release.

Just my 2cents

STENCH

Thank you for your kind offer Stench, it sure is nice to see more people are backing our project. I have added you to Project Backers list in the first post.

I agree with your view, the ideal case is coming up with a final product which works on all Epoch installations. However we are also dealing with realities of some technical limitations... Our Lead Developer Zupa is on the same page, he would like to make this work for all Epoch servers,  if possible. Failing that (due to lack of information), we will have to fall back on Plan B, which is creating something that works for at least for some of us - still beats having nothing at all...

I am not promising anything here, but ...

• What is the name of the proposed table?
  • What are the proposed Column Names?
  • What specific queries are being asked?
    • i.e. SELECT `column_name1`, `column_name2` FROM `table_name` ...
  • Is this table already setup, with proper relations?

If I have time, I could dust off my C++ skills( if you want to call them that ), and try to add those to the Hive. Then recompile it.

=170= Sven2157

Will this be able to be done from config based traders ?, Config based traders if you didn't know.

They are inside the actual servers pbo or mission pbo, Forgot which one but It makes the trading instant. instead of connecting to the database getting the whole code of it then sending back to the thing or whatever on how it works.

Will this be able to be done from config based traders ?, Config based traders if you didn't know.

They are inside the actual servers pbo or mission pbo, Forgot which one but It makes the trading instant. instead of connecting to the database getting the whole code of it then sending back to the thing or whatever on how it works.

Wow, why did nobody think of config traders. That will make it easier for sure.

I am not promising anything here, but ...

• What is the name of the proposed table?
  • What are the proposed Column Names?
  • What specific queries are being asked?
    • i.e. SELECT `column_name1`, `column_name2` FROM `table_name` ...
  • Is this table already setup, with proper relations?

If I have time, I could dust off my C++ skills( if you want to call them that ), and try to add those to the Hive. Then recompile it.

=170= Sven2157

Zupa,

Please could you respond to the Sven's questions? This is the first time we get help offer from a Visual C++ developer, custom hiveext.dll is the best possible way - right? I hope you guys can work this out.

Also, could we use config based traders for massive speed gains with your system? Trying to understand how it will work, I assume this is not usable with Banker (as he will need to read current bank balance from SQL DB) and if this is for all other traders then it is probably outside the scope of this project (even though very useful for any server). I might be wrong however, so please share your thoughts?

Banks can be easily setup in database after the single currency is setup. All you got to do is add another row for the number of coins they are holding. And add a row in players_data for thier bank account coins 

A custom hiveext.dll means people need to have server access where they can replace this file.

Best solution would be to get 500 -> 505 calls working.  I took a quick look at the C++ code last night and have some theories as to how it may be working but need to look further and then do a bit of testing.

AFAIK, config based traders are pretty static and revert to baseline on server reboot.  Should be no reason with some modification why there cannot be a hybrid trader where their data is stored in the DB but the rest are config based only.  The real question is how best to store it.

Storing currency amounts can be done already using the standard hive calls and just nesting inside another field just like the tag friendly script does for other players friendly to your player.  I will be using the same technique for assigning ownership to buildables without messing with the characterID field and I know of at least one other person who has already done this. 

So, to my mind, the real questions are;

1. What is more important, compatibility or finding the best ultimate solution.
  2. How to stop client side scripts just injecting loadsamoney in to their characters records. 

The only realistic way is to have the currency tracked by the server and for it only to be generated by trade or player loot (i.e. not spawned loot which is not server tracked).  The server could then do some accounting but you would have to be aware of the extra load this could bring to the server.

Even with that, someone is bound to try and inject some extra cash in to a dead bodies inventory for them to pickup and so then you need to work out how to handle that. 

Personally, if I was going at this on my own, I would look at piggybacking on one of the character_data fields (dont have access to the Epoch sql files or my system at the moment so cannot say which one), get the system going which should be pretty easy and then build and improve from there.  That way, everyone gets something and those that want more advanced functionality may need to run a dedicated server.

I do like the idea of a money broker in the trader cities who, potentially, could also be a loan shark, sending the bandit boys after you if you don't meet your dues (loan shark collection contracts for player missions maybe).  Not so keen on the ATM / lockboxes for magically storing money safely.  I like the idea of the risk associated with moving the cash back and forth to the money broker when need be (bandit ambushes etc).

Anyway, I will wait for someone to get in contact on this project whilst getting my plot pole for life mod sorted out for the recent 1.0.5 Epoch release