[Release] DayZ Mission System

TheVampire

Lots of those sort of errors since an Arma beta update ages ago...

One thing to check, in the list of private variables defined at the top of the page, are all the _variables included? (_sleeptime for example) ?

You just likely need to figure out which variable is triggering the undefined error, then define it - ABOVE where it's being called.

DZMSPurgeObject = {
_>
0:13:05 Error Undefined variable in expression: _sleeptime
0:13:05 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\DZMSFunctions.sqf, line 253
0:13:11 Error in expression <nterval; (diag_tickTime - _startTime) > _sleepTime;};
};

DZMSPurgeObject = {
_>
0:13:11 Error position: <_sleepTime;};
};

There is a lot of this in my logs.

Arma 2 latest and Epoch 1.0.5.1

(facepalm) i rememberd that i swiched of WAI and DZAI  :wacko:

offtopic

which AI do you recommend me to set on server ? 

I recommend DZAI as SargeAI is buggy and tends to cause the vehicle glitch where two players cannot enter the same vehicle because of its friendly AI.

WickedAI works well, but I think you have to set up triggers in it for its roaming AI to work. It isn't enabled by default.

Lots of those sort of errors since an Arma beta update ages ago...

One thing to check, in the list of private variables defined at the top of the page, are all the _variables included? (_sleeptime for example) ?

You just likely need to figure out which variable is triggering the undefined error, then define it - ABOVE where it's being called.

//sleep function that uses diag_tickTime for accuracy
DZMSSleep = {
    private["_sleepTime","_checkInterval","_startTime"];

_sleepTime = _this select 0;
    _checkInterval = _this select 1;

_startTime = diag_tickTime;
    waitUntil{sleep _checkInterval; (diag_tickTime - _startTime) > _sleepTime;};
};

They are all private already. I've said before i'm not sure what the error is being caused by.

I modified it to spawn n major missions and m minor missions.

Since i was about to use it in Sauerland (one of the biggest Epoch maps), i made it spawn 6 major and 10 minor missions.

- The mission dont spawn inside each other,

- Bots only spawn when there is a player 700 meters or less near the mission (bots don't despawn),

- Static works too, but the number of static locations need to be greater or equal to n + m.

Its at the final tests, just runing on my server for some time to make sure everything is ok.

Can i release it as a small change to the original work?

Vampire,

Im sure this has been asked, but I guess I will be that guy that asks again..

How would you setup a Construction mission in a static location that starts with server restart with marker....I would like to do one with 4 M2's a Heli patrol, and Heli para drop.. with approx. 20 AI, on Hard at the mission.....

Im not a scripter by any means, but I am also willing to do the work if you can point me in the right direction..

Thanks again for all your contributions.....

I modified it to spawn n major missions and m minor missions.

Since i was about to use it in Sauerland (one of the biggest Epoch maps), i made it spawn 6 major and 10 minor missions.

- The mission dont spawn inside each other,

- Bots only spawn when there is a player 700 meters or less near the mission (bots don't despawn),

- Static works too, but the number of static locations need to be greater or equal to n + m.

Its at the final tests, just runing on my server for some time to make sure everything is ok.

Can i release it as a small change to the original work?

Yes as long as you give proper credit.

Vampire,

Im sure this has been asked, but I guess I will be that guy that asks again..

How would you setup a Construction mission in a static location that starts with server restart with marker....I would like to do one with 4 M2's a Heli patrol, and Heli para drop.. with approx. 20 AI, on Hard at the mission.....

Im not a scripter by any means, but I am also willing to do the work if you can point me in the right direction..

Thanks again for all your contributions.....

You would make a mission file and have it run directly from the bottom of the DZMSinit, giving it a custom unit grouping so that DZMS doesn't clean it up.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Guys

how do I control the amount of loot that has been added to the crates? 

I am able to make 100k - 200k per mission (this is by grabbing the expensive weapons only) and I want the players to make less. My perspective is that you are trying to survive - money making needs to be hard - not impossible, but just hard.

I have already removed things like Large gun bags and the armoured vehicles (replaced these with cheap stuff like pick up trucks and ladas).

Now I just need to change the loot amounts - but cannot find the option.

Thanks

Hey Guys

how do I control the amount of loot that has been added to the crates? 

I am able to make 100k - 200k per mission (this is by grabbing the expensive weapons only) and I want the players to make less. My perspective is that you are trying to survive - money making needs to be hard - not impossible, but just hard.

I have already removed things like Large gun bags and the armoured vehicles (replaced these with cheap stuff like pick up trucks and ladas).

Now I just need to change the loot amounts - but cannot find the option.

Thanks

You can adjust the amounts in DZMSBox.sqf. I've posted more specifics earlier in this thread.

for "_x" from 0 to 2 do {

initiates a loop with 3 iterations (0,1,2)

_sSelect = floor(random _sCount);

picks a number between 0 and _sCount-1, _sCount being the length of the list _gshellList containing classnames to choose from

_item = _gshellList select _sSelect;

determines the classname to add to the crate (_gshellList[_sSelect] in C)

_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,(round(random 2))];

(round(random 2)) will return a number between 0 and 2 and determines how many of _item will be put into the crate.

Altogether you could end up with

• zero items from this list because round(random 2) always returned 0
  • 6 identical items, because in each of the 3 iterations the same _sSelect was picked and round(random 2) always returned 2
  • or anything between: 1-3 different classes of items with a quantity 0-2 each

• 2 weeks later...
20:51:05   Error position: <_unit == "") then {removeBackpack _unit;>
20:51:05   Error Missing )
20:51:05 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSAIKilled.sqf, line 47
20:51:05 Error in expression <if (DZMSRunGear) then {

if !(backpack _unit == "") then {removeBackpack _unit;>
20:51:05   Error position: <_unit == "") then {removeBackpack _unit;>
20:51:05   Error Missing )
20:51:05 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSAIKilled.sqf, line 47
20:51:15 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2014,12,5,15,51]"
20:51:26 Error in expression <if (DZMSRunGear) then {

20:51:26   Error position: <_unit == "") then {removeBackpack _unit;>
20:51:26   Error Missing )
20:51:26 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSAIKilled.sqf, line 47
20:51:26 Error in expression <if (DZMSRunGear) then {

unedited file, not sure if this has already been mentioned

I had that problem, as well as humanity and kills not increasing as AI were killed - and RPGs not despawning wen they are killed.  Here's my post on OpenDayz.net:

OK, I somewhat figured it out. Our main server was still running an older version of DZMS that worked properly but it wasn't that different from the latest one. By process of elimination, I narrowed it down to the DZMSAIKilled.sqf file. When I run the new scripts except for that one - I run the older version, everything works as expected. They take me out with the RPG, the RPGs disappear on their deaths, I get credit for the kills, and my humanity goes up.

Here's the specific lines: The new script has:
if (!(backpack _unit == "")) then {removeBackpack _unit;};
at line 48 and the old one doesn't.

The old script has:
removeBackpack _unit;
at line 49 and the new one doesn't.

So for now, I'm running all the latest scripts except for DZMSAIKilled.sqf and the world of Epoch is good. I've reverted to an old version of that file.

Bob

Here's the link to that post/forum:  http://opendayz.net/threads/support-dzms-dayz-mission-system.18421/page-45

Bob