low fps on gaming computer

robowarrior1000

Two years ago I built this computer with a Radeon HD 7950 and an AMD FX 4100. dayz was running how i expected (low ish fps) my cpu was bottlenecking my gpu. about a month ago I upgraded my cpu to the AMD FX 8350 thinking that I would get better fps in dayz. I did notice an increase but not what I was expecting, after upgrading my cpu I have been getting around 30-40 fps out in the open. in any town it is terrible, I am lucky if i get 15 fps. I am concerned about this because a cousin also built a computer at the same time with about the same performance parts, (Intel i5 3570k and GTX 660). my concern is that he gets 50-70 fps in the open and 30-50 in towns while I get only half that. thanks

The difference is due to the fact that BI games Arma 2 and 3, DayZ SA rely much more on the cpu than the gpu. And unfortunately in choosing AMD processors, like myself, we are disadvantaged  compared to intel users. I was told that it has to do with the way the game uses the resources of the processor and that Intel architecture allows that better performance compared to AMD.

Until I can afford to swap out my cpu and motherboard, I try to adjust my video settings to optimize fps, mostly by trial and error. Essentially I don't expect to be running high graphics settings whilst still on my AMD cpu.

Wow this game is dildos! Waiting for new Epoch patch I uninstalled Arma 3 and decided to install DayZ SA to look around how updates worked out.. And I was not surprised at all.. same old bugs, same all lag trying to pick up weapons or loot, new bugs of not being able to load or reload certain weapons. If they DO load, they do not shoot even if they have full mag attached.

How do people still put up with this bullshit and keep playing it and even praising? I spent tons of hours in it but at least THEN it sort of used to work, there were not so many issues as there are now. And those stupid city updates.. now in berezino on EMPTY server I get 15 FPS. No more. 15 with objects on low and everything on low. I used to PVP in Berezino, now it is not playable at all.

Zombies still act cartoonish and lag so bad that there are no words to explain. You hit them - hits register only after 2-3 seconds. By that time you already bleeding. Zombies ignore players 99 percent of the time too. It's a huge huge mess and anyone still playing this alpha is true believer. Or doesn't know any better. I didn't know either but after playing Arma 3 for a year and then getting back to DayZ just confirmed my fears that if ever this game gonna be playable, it is not gonna be until it is released. Because this alpha phase is just terrible and atrocious.

The more features they add the worse it gets. Some even said FPS increased, haha are they joking? Have such people even played in .34 or even .46 patch when it was at least possible to run across the map without getting nauseous after 5 minutes due to all texture flickering and FPS drops?

So I thought well, I knew all that, my DayZ fanboy dayZ are over, just wanted to see how all the new weapons shoot, curious about Vintorez and UMP45 etc... yet guns are plentiful - no mags in those places. Mags are everywhere - no guns in those places. Who designed such idiotic loot spawn positions? You loot a mag in South and need to travel to north to get a gun for that magazine? Really? Is this what passes as good game these days? It is either the game is dumbed down for the kids, like AC, Fallout, Witcher and all other arcades, or they are overly complicated which is indistinguishable sometimes from just accidental stupidity of those developers.

I probably won't touch this crap again all through 2016 up until maybe second or third quarter of 2017 when DayZ SA should be released.

On 06/12/2015 at 0:35 AM, robowarrior1000 said:

Two years ago I built this computer with a Radeon HD 7950 and an AMD FX 4100. dayz was running how i expected (low ish fps) my cpu was bottlenecking my gpu. about a month ago I upgraded my cpu to the AMD FX 8350 thinking that I would get better fps in dayz. I did notice an increase but not what I was expecting, after upgrading my cpu I have been getting around 30-40 fps out in the open. in any town it is terrible, I am lucky if i get 15 fps. I am concerned about this because a cousin also built a computer at the same time with about the same performance parts, (Intel i5 3570k and GTX 660). my concern is that he gets 50-70 fps in the open and 30-50 in towns while I get only half that. thanks

i got a 8350oc @4.5 and a 270x and the game runs fine on max setting with view distance on 2k. my mate only gets 5fps more then my on the same server standing in the same place facing  the same way and he's got a i7 4960k with a 970