Arma scripting / coding editors ( IDE )

Zupa

Question

I would like to hear which editors you guys use. 

I started out with Notepad++ when i started coding for arma related stuff. Mainly because of the SQF highlight syntax of a community member.

Later i switched to Sublime Text 2 because it was on the hype train. Better design than Notepad++. SQF syntax highlighting by a community member. ( Sublime 3 is payed, so future doesn't look bright for free edition.)

Today i switched to Atom. It looks very promissing. You can download my Arma syntax package in the Settings section. Looks very customisable since it's open code.

https://atom.io/

For me git integration is really important. And that is where sublime fails for me. Atom is going in good direction with that. So i'm voting for Atom.

Oe2zGE2.png

Screenshots:

Atom:

y9lUY8L.png

Sublime:

XSI89Ug.png

14 answers to this question

Zupa I'm always impressed by what great tools and additions you release for the community!

Thanks, appreciate the comment.

Also credits to the guy ( mgoodings ) who used the atom program to convert the Sublime sqf syntax to Atom. Where my package is based on in the sqf part. 

I've been using it for the last couple of days now and am very impressed with atoms useability.

Ya the amount of packages is amazing, i did not find any missing package of what i look for in an editor.

Hey Zupa,

Great thread! I just switched to Sublime yesterday following your steps from the other thread but found out about this one today. I will try it out. It does look complicated though :D

nbuL76z.png

EDIT: Still reading... More info: Developed by GitHub, GPL compatible MIT license, by default reports usage stats to devs (can be turned off). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_%28text_editor%29

EDIT2: Ad video above is awesome! I agree with this guy  => Mike Hearn Shared on Google+ · 1 month ago lol. best advert for a programmers tool ever! Well done github.

Thanks for the share. I will have a look at it. :)

Until now, I mostly use Komodo or Notepad++ (when editing on Windows Server with productional Epoch running I allways use N++ because of its performance). Has anybody had a look on the "new" Microsoft Code Editor "Visual Studio Code", yet? It is complete for free.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

(Hope it is okay to post this link here)