M3Editor - A3 3D Editor

maca134

Can I put my other scripts that I am currently running from MPMissions into this hiveAddon PBO so that everythign runs server side ? IS this good ? Bad ? should some script be run client side ?

Depends on what you are running but essentially yes you can. Note that some things must run on the client side so you might need to make a few calls in your init file, and it may impact your server performance if a heavy script all runs serverside but most things work this way :) it's a good way to keep your server files private and your server unique!

Why does everyone want it in the .cpp? Next update will probably change the server settings pbo meaning there will be 100 more posts on why are their buildings not showing up and how do I copy it etc etc. The devs warned that it will have updates and only to change if you know what your doing as you will have to redo any changes each update. If it's loaded serverside as an sqf you don't ever have to worry about it.

Because apparently there's a lot of admins out there who aren't interested in learning how ARMA is structured on the back end and just want to run their own little fiefdom servers :P

I have made a small PBO that should help people out.

It is rigged up (via config.cpp) to auto load when the mission starts and will run init/fn_init.sqf

In there you can put whatever you want the server to load.

Once you have editted it, PBO it back up and just place the pbo inside @EpochHive/Addons

That should be it!

I use PBO manager to pbo stuff, the included prefix files work for that, other tools I really dont know.

The PBO prefix is "\x\addons\a3_custom"

If someone can write a better tutorial, that would be amazing :P

NOTE: THIS HAS NOT BEEN TESTED YET

Hey Maca/M3Editor1 or 2 :lol:

It don't work :( RPT shows :

Warning Message: Script x\addons\a3_custom\init\fn_init.sqf not found

However the file is there and the path is correct, any ideas ?

Because apparently there's a lot of admins out there who aren't interested in learning how ARMA is structured on the back end and just want to run their own little fiefdom servers :P

If you're setting up a custom map, such as Bornholm, then in the interest of keeping everything together then it's best to place certain items in the config.cpp, like the new trader safe areas, phone booths, spawn points for container events, etc.  That will keep all those types of things together in one file along with the same types of items for Altis, Stratis and Chernarus.  On the other hand, if you are making simple addons to the map, such as new towns or additional military bases and whatnot, then yes, going the SQF route is a much better option.  I would also recommend that folks make a separate file for each new town or addition to existing town that they make.  That way if they need to make changes it will be easier to find what they are looking for instead of having to scroll through what could easily become thousands of lines of code.  

This editor is awesome, I was able to make a massive and well detailed AI base in about 6 hrs which took me several days to get half of it built manually. Thanks so much!

Feature request: With the repeat option, allow decimal point values and negative values. Like when you want to make a wall series (H barriers especially) there's a small gap between them, would be great to be able to define like -0.1 or something to get them to be closer together.

This editor is awesome, I was able to make a massive and well detailed AI base in about 6 hrs which took me several days to get half of it built manually. Thanks so much!

Feature request: With the repeat option, allow decimal point values and negative values. Like when you want to make a wall series (H barriers especially) there's a small gap between them, would be great to be able to define like -0.1 or something to get them to be closer together.

That already works, for me at least

You can do this already.

If you want to see a massive Epoch themed base, come check out the Clonex Military Area on the salt flats of my server, careful, it's guarded by AI :P

Hmm I must have been doing something wrong, when I put a - in the repeat box it wouldn't let me type anything after that and I couldn't put in a 0.1 It seemed to take only whole numbers.