How to move and rotate roads in Arma2 map editor

ballen

Hi all,

Thought I'd post this up here as I spent the morning looking for a solution to this issue whilst trying to add some extra roads to my server but eventually found a work-around to the problem buried somewhere on the internet so wanted to share with others (as a lot of other people seem to give up with the frustration)

The problem:

So unlike placing objects and buildings in the Arma2 map editor, when laying down roads, dirt tracks and side walks the user is unable to select them to move them/align them correctly.

The solution:

To do this simply add a "draggable" object next to the road item (I added a bush) , using the left mouse button drag over the road item and the "draggable" item (both will then be selected), hovering over the "draggable" item and then dragging or rotating that will work for both the road and the other item. - Place your road into the correct location then "Save" - This is important as I've noticed that the map editor after saving moves the road slightly out of position the first time that so simple move it back and then save one more time! - After the second save the road will stay there, then you can delete the "draggable" item (the bush in my case) and your done!

Hope this helps out some other people in future...

Cheers,

Bobby

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I placed the plant next to a section of runway, dragged over and tried to rotate and move the section and it did not work. All I get is a red box.  Also why cant I just shift and left mouse to rotate like everything else on the editor? Maybe post a video so I can figure out what I am doing wrong. Really appreciate your response. 

Thank you

• 5 months later...