M3Editor - A3 3D Editor

maca134

If you saved the project then you can reopen it.  If you copied Epoch CFG to clipboard, then you're screwed.  You'll have to manually edit the formatting to match what it should look like as a saved project in order to open it again.  I've had to do it a couple times.  It's a pain in the ass but not too hard.  

If you saved the project then you can reopen it.  If you copied Epoch CFG to clipboard, then you're screwed.  You'll have to manually edit the formatting to match what it should look like as a saved project in order to open it again.  I've had to do it a couple times.  It's a pain in the ass but not too hard.  

Yeah, it's more of a feature request etc..  :P

You can't "remove" the building, but you can hide it, or so I'm told.  Once it's hidden a new building can be put in its place.  A month or two ago I saw where someone was working on a project to replace all the A2 buildings in Chernarus with A3 buildings.  I thought it looked pretty good.  Haven't seen any updates on it in a long time though.

Let me know how it works, im pretty tired and knock it up in 30 minutes soo....

Works like a charm, thanks a ton bud! This will save a lot of time! :)

Kind of a question.. when i load these items via an SQF, is there a way to highlight them on the editor map so i know where these items are on the map?

If you click on them on the far right item list window it will highlight them with a green outline on the map.  If it's a small item though they can be hard to see unless you zoom in really close.  If you double click on the item it will "teleport" the camera to that items location, and then you can slowly zoom out on the map to get your bearings.

Hello Mr. M3Editor (Macca)

thank you again for this very very good editor, he is almost perfect :-)

However, I have often problems with the "save projekt" he always saves, but if you load the projekt next day again, some parts are crooked or shifted or moved ??

The problem I've often! it only concerns are only a few items, and always other parts ?!? :mellow:  with "1000 parts" u have ca 10 parts moved ? = no  fun :o

and the largest and most annoying problem is:

it saves"lock part" not with ! that's not cool .... got 500 parts locked, and after reload all unlocked :(

am now at about 1500 pieces, and I move things more often.

So would be nice if after the load all parts automatically locked, or a "lock all" button.

and there is no "undo" button ! gold would be worth the thing !

a compass in the top center would also be useful.

many thanks else

Suppe

ok ... I found the bug.... if you move a part with the NUM buttons, the editor save the position not with.... without the NUM keys, everything is ok and on the right spot :D

a "lock all" or "mark all" function would still be very nice...

Suppe

Any way we can get roads and/or runway surfaces in this editor?????

Currently not, since maca's main account is banned, ill take the liberty to answer.

( I've discussed this with him)

You can download some extra mods to have it as objects or whatsoever but every player on your server would need to have that extra mod to be able to play our server then.

hey, 

I use M3editor since 1 week and i love it but i have one problem. But not a little^^

I map for my server and the problem is with the format.

We cant use .sqf. It's not we cant launch map but in .sqf it's impossible for us to make objet indestructible and to place PNJ.

So i need help, do you know a converter sqf/sqm? Or just how make objet indestructible. Place pnj is just a little problem. 

I try to use MCC with M3. I open my files with M3 and after i save with mcc in .sqm but when we load the map after the altitude of objet change. They are all in 0 altitude, and it's a big problem because i put some part inside the ground. 

PS: Sorry if my english is bad it's not my native language

hey 

@Suppe

I only ask what needs the aia pack cause ive made some map alterations for Altis but the following things don't show up

Land_HBarrier_large

WarfareBDepot

RU_WarfareBAntiAirRadar

Land_Ss_hangard

and a few others , I thought perhapse they may need the AIA pack to work

Also is there a script to spawn an aircraftcarrier in A3 Epoch as ya could in  Day Z epoch ive seen a mission for A3  that adds and aircraft carrier

Thanks

Snafu

hey 

@Suppe

I only ask what needs the aia pack cause ive made some map alterations for Altis but the following things don't show up

Land_HBarrier_large

WarfareBDepot

RU_WarfareBAntiAirRadar

Land_Ss_hangard

and a few others , I thought perhapse they may need the AIA pack to work

Also is there a script to spawn an aircraftcarrier in A3 Epoch as ya could in  Day Z epoch ive seen a mission for A3  that adds and aircraft carrier

Thanks

Snafu

Hey ho,

1. The only thing you have to do, is to start the Game without AiA Pack, and the Editor doesnt show the AiA Building.

2. i know that in the AiA Pack is a Aircraft Carrier, is splitted in 7 Parts (or 6 or 8) you have to build together in the Editor. its a little bit tricky but possible.

regards,

DELTA