[Release] DayZ Mission System

TheVampire

I also think there should be a time out. Sometimes that mission is a bit too far to get to and it would be better to have it time out, in my opinion. I'm giving this system a try to see how it compares with WAI. Honestly, I don't know why you guys don't just combine all your mission systems together, but let's see how this one is. I still need WAI for the paradrops and ammo crates, though.

thanks, 1 other question, with the vehicles saving, do they only save if they are secured by a player or do they save every time?

The vehicles don't save unless the mission is completed, which is done by getting within 30meters.

I am contemplating having the mission check if all the AI are dead, but this early on I've seen the AI pursue a player away from the mission. On one hand, this makes it hard to check if they are all dead, but it also makes it interesting when you're hiding behind a house and you start getting flanked.

ok so when i install, i get stuck on requesting authentication even though the console is showing the database has been loaded.

RPT spam of:

21:36:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: spawn_mineveins
21:36:42 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 309
21:36:42 Error in expression <x" from 1 to MaxMineVeins do {
[] spawn spawn_mineveins;
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
21:36:42   Error position: <spawn_mineveins;
};

if(isnil "dayz_MapA>
21:36:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: spawn_mineveins
21:36:42 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 309
21:36:42 Error in expression <if (isDedicated) then {

_id = [] spawn server_spawnEvents;

[] spawn {
private >
21:36:42   Error position: <server_spawnEvents;

[] spawn {
private >
21:36:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: server_spawnevents
21:36:42 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 331
21:36:42 "Total Number of spawn locations 5"

Any suggestions?

there any way to make the AI more of a threat? especially at night... they just lay around like they're blind.

I played with their skill array to make them a bit more menacing, but I could just run up and get to the crates before they would shoot.

there any way to make the AI more of a threat? especially at night... they just lay around like they're blind.

I played with their skill array to make them a bit more menacing, but I could just run up and get to the crates before they would shoot.

Open DZMSAISpawn.sqf and find

_unit addWeapon _weapon;

add below

_unit addWeapon "NVGoggles";

and then open DZMSAIKilled.sqf and find

//Dead body timer and cleanup

add below

_unit removeWeapon "NVGoggles";

I'll work on adding a temp NVG's option to the config later.

I don't agree with timeouts, and I don't plan to impliment them.

Timeouts in my opinion lead back to one of the things I believe users should not do with missions, and thats picking and choosing which missions to run. I shouldn't be able to sit on a low pop server and wait for the missions I know has the most crates, or the best guns, or more to spawn in. When there's a hostage situation, it doesn't go away.

If there is a reason your players are choosing not to do certain missions, let me know what they say. I want the missions to be advanced, entertaining, and challenging enough to make them want to get every mission. With v1.1 I'm starting this by completely redoing all the missions I currently have in the map editor so they look better and feel more realistic.

v1.1 Goals

- Redo Missions in the Editor

- Add Epoch Specific Missions

- Work on Expanding Missions, with Relocated Missions, Missions that become more complicated, Traveling Missions, or Point A to B Missions.

- Balance the AI better, while still being challenging to the player.

If someone joins the server after the mission spawns, will it still show on their map? (looing at installing this mission pack)

I run a server that is still pretty new and low population and we've played around with some mission other missions packs. It is very very very very very common for someone to log on sometime after the mission has spawned. If the mission does not time out, and does not display for people who were not online when it spawned, how are the missions supposed to be run? Someone is supposed to fly over the entire map looking for a mission?

Just something to consider about "You don't agree with timeouts so no one else should". I agree with your reasoning 100% but I could not tell you how many times I've been on a server and could not see a mission circle b/c I was not there when it spawned, only to see someone else complete it or to stumble across it by mistake and be shot at.

When do you think the next release will be ready?

What is the main difference between this and EMS?

I feel like alot of the mission systems is just a bunch of AI in a circle.

I will give it a try once epoch items are in :)

EMS has the merged missions from LazyInk and TheSzerdi who were some of the original people who made the mission systems for DayZ. EMS also has its boxes customized with epoch specific loot and weapons.

DZMS has the missions from Lazyink with hardly any "user-sided" changes other than vehicle saving at this point, but the entire "admin-side" has been completely redone to be admin-friendly. EMS 0.3 is based off DZMS v1.0's code, so it also has those features of course.

With DZMS I plan to add Epoch specific Items and missions, and take the missions system farther than any other availible for DayZ. With v1.0 Final being released, the logic is almost perfectly sound in the code, all that's left is to build upon it with improved versions of the current missions, Epoch specific missions, missions that have never been done before with a dynamic mission system, and new features to let you customize the system to your liking.

Some of the planned future features of DZMS include Epoch Specific Missions, "Treasure Hunt"-type Missions, Missions that Relocate or Complicate, Traveling Missions such as Aerial Objectives, Dynamic Town Invasion, and more. I havn't even changed the missions and yet I already have all this positive feedback.

If someone joins the server after the mission spawns, will it still show on their map? (looing at installing this mission pack)

I run a server that is still pretty new and low population and we've played around with some mission other missions packs. It is very very very very very common for someone to log on sometime after the mission has spawned. If the mission does not time out, and does not display for people who were not online when it spawned, how are the missions supposed to be run? Someone is supposed to fly over the entire map looking for a mission?

Just something to consider about "You don't agree with timeouts so no one else should". I agree with your reasoning 100% but I could not tell you how many times I've been on a server and could not see a mission circle b/c I was not there when it spawned, only to see someone else complete it or to stumble across it by mistake and be shot at.

DZMS has a marker system that loops. Every 25 seconds the markers get re-added to the map for every player online, and you don't even need to have anything in your mission.pbo.

DZMS has a marker system that loops. Every 25 seconds the markers get re-added to the map for every player online, and you don't even need to have anything in your mission.pbo.

Nice! If I wanted to add a mission to your pack that had building supplies, would it be a simple matter of copy/paste one of the mission.sqf files and change loot table? Or would I need to tell the mission system to actually run that mission? I really want a mission system that I can add or edit the mission loot or # of AI spawns but I have no idea how to write my own entire mission system (still new to this)

You just go to the mission that you want to edit find this line

[_crate,"weapons"] ExecVM DZMSBoxSetup;

and if you look in the DZMSbox.sqf you can find what types of boxes you could spawn in the missions. Therefor find the one you want and the replace the word "weapons" with the one you want.

Nice! If I wanted to add a mission to your pack that had building supplies, would it be a simple matter of copy/paste one of the mission.sqf files and change loot table? Or would I need to tell the mission system to actually run that mission? I really want a mission system that I can add or edit the mission loot or # of AI spawns but I have no idea how to write my own entire mission system (still new to this)

The mission loot and AI gear is configurable without needing to get into each mission. Like turtle said, if you want to make a specific mission a supply crate mission you can since I have the code there availible in the current version. The code is there in prep for Epoch Specific Missions I plan to add. The current missions are made to be compatible with Vanilla DayZ, so I don't have supply missions in there.

You also can't just copy and paste, as DZMS uses functions compared to other mission systems. If you take a look at Major SM2.sqf you can get an idea and create your own mission based off of it. To add a mission, add the .sqf to the correct minor or major folder, and then add the file name in the array in the DZMSConfig.sqf.

To change the number of AI spawns you would need to go into each missions and change them individually.

Tavi seems bugged.

Works great on Cherno, NAPF, Panthera.

This is all I get on Tavi, no map markers or anything.

19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System."
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Relations not found! Using DZMS Relations."
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Currently Running Version: RC1.1"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: tavi Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Mission Functions Script Loaded!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Major Mission Clock Starting!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Minor Mission Clock Starting!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Mission Marker Loop for JIPs Starting!"
19:06:52 "CLEANUP: INITIALIZING CLEANUP SCRIPT"
19:11:52 "DEBUG FPS : 47.3373"
19:11:52 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2014,2,17,22,11]"
19:15:08 "[DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM5."
19:16:52 "DEBUG FPS : 47.3373"
19:16:52 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2014,2,17,22,16]"
19:18:34 "[DZMS]: Running Minor Mission SM2."

is there any way of having a message pop up on the screen when each event happens? or am i blind and not seeing the  option =p ,otherwise they work spot on, map marker gets set no problem, just wondered if i could announce it to the players, with them happening randomly, i dont want players to miss out on when it happens, thanks

Tavi seems bugged.

Works great on Cherno, NAPF, Panthera.

This is all I get on Tavi, no map markers or anything.

19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System."
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Relations not found! Using DZMS Relations."
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Currently Running Version: RC1.1"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: tavi Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Mission Functions Script Loaded!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Major Mission Clock Starting!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Minor Mission Clock Starting!"
19:04:32 "[DZMS]: Mission Marker Loop for JIPs Starting!"
19:06:52 "CLEANUP: INITIALIZING CLEANUP SCRIPT"
19:11:52 "DEBUG FPS : 47.3373"
19:11:52 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2014,2,17,22,11]"
19:15:08 "[DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM5."
19:16:52 "DEBUG FPS : 47.3373"
19:16:52 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2014,2,17,22,16]"
19:18:34 "[DZMS]: Running Minor Mission SM2."

Same problem actually, just noticed it today Cen

I've been trying to debug this on OpenDayZ. For some reason, the tavi height is coming back undefined.

If anyone can see the issue, feel free to help because i'm at a loss.

//Lets test the height on Taviana
if (_isTavi) then {
	_tavTest = createVehicle ["Can_Small",[_posX,_posY,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	_tavHeight = (getPosASL _tavTest) select 2;
	deleteVehicle _tavTest;
};
//Lets combine all our checks to possibly end the loop
 if ((_posX != _hardX) AND (_posY != _hardY) AND _noWater AND _okDis) then {
	if (!(_isTavi)) then {
		_findRun = false;
	};
	if (_isTavi AND (_tavHeight <= 185)) then {