[Release] DayZ Mission System

TheVampire

From what I understand EMS is using DZMS and not the other way around. How about you share your L33T missions instead of just bragging about them ;)

Servers should have a base of missions, implemented by the author of a plugin. If all servers have the same, what makes them unique??? I CANT share this! Because you need extra files and its some rewritten Code of WAI Mission system. Extra for u --> modified WAI + xtra files

And the idea why  i wrote to Vampire is (not make a show about my l33t missions).

Its that missions can have more objectives as "go to x and kill".

Work with Vampire together? No Porblem! Have enough ideas for missions.

Servers should have a base of missions, implemented by the author of a plugin. If all servers have the same, what makes them unique??? I CANT share this! Because you need extra files and its some rewritten Code of WAI Mission system. Extra for u --> modified WAI + xtra files

And the idea why  i wrote to Vampire is (not make a show about my l33t missions).

Its that missions can have more objectives as "go to x and kill".

Work with Vampire together? No Porblem! Have enough ideas for missions.

I have no problem downloading extra files xD

From what I understand EMS is using DZMS and not the other way around. How about you share your L33T missions instead of just bragging about them ;)

EMS is using what u want, WAI, SARGE, DZAI and now DZMS. We all can read the extra large posts of Fuchs and his announcements.

What happens? Changing the structure of code make the mission more interesting? The major fixes comes from community, not from fuchs, so i see him as wrong person from EMS (he also says: "i cant handle this alone")... what he do is more trial and error.

But i dont want to hijack this thread.

On the other side, you see something and wanna directly have the files. SO lets ask Epoch team if they can add selfbloodbag,towlift and many more scripts as base to epoch.

Concentrate on Vampire and his work, thats why we are here.

EMS is using what u want, WAI, SARGE, DZAI and now DZMS. We all can read the extra large posts of Fuchs and his announcements.

What happens? Changing the structure of code make the mission more interesting? The major fixes comes from community, not from fuchs, so i see him as wrong person from EMS (he also says: "i cant handle this alone")... what he do is more trial and error.

But i dont want to hijack this thread.

On the other side, you see something and wanna directly have the files. SO lets ask Epoch team if they can add selfbloodbag,towlift and many more scripts as base to epoch.

Concentrate on Vampire and his work, thats why we are here.

Does the welcome credits style code interfere with the debug (hints)?

I would have went with a hint notice for DZMS which is easy enough to do, but decided not to because of interference to servers with custom debugs.

Also could you send me a snippet of what you use, as I'm not exactly sure how to add images. (or in this case the icon from Kostey's Notebook)

Also forgot to mention that earlier I pushed a new commit for EM1 and a commit for dynamic radius.

What a dynamic radius means is that the distance from the center point of that map that DZMS looks to place missions is now dynamic based on the map.

How it does this is using the pythagorean theorem. a^2 + b^2 = c^2.

If we assume the map is square, and we get a distance in meters from the center point to 0,0 then we now know C. We then need to find A or B which will be the length from the center point to the edge of the map.

The code should work on every map, but there may be some issues with maps that are not square, or where the center point isn't in the exact center in DZMS.

Some maps that aren't square are Taviana, Namalsk, and Lingor.

If this update causes issues, we'll roll it back.

This should fix issues with Taviana only spawning missions in a small area.

I would have went with a hint notice for DZMS which is easy enough to do, but decided not to because of interference to servers with custom debugs.

Also could you send me a snippet of what you use, as I'm not exactly sure how to add images. (or in this case the icon from Kostey's Notebook)

Ill send you tomorrow a cleaned up file from me. There is an example how to use images

I dont use dynamic radius, but i use on my server that the missions never will be in the middle of marker

little example:

_MajCoordsX = myCoords select 0; //MajorMisson X Marker
_MajCoordsY = myCoords select 1; //MajorMisson Y Marker
_MajRadius = 400;                //Radius of marker, better to get this value from a cfg file
_MajRadius2 = _MajRadius / 2;
_MajRanPos = (random _MajRadius) - _MajRadius2;  //gives out positive or negative values

usage in markers:

_myMarker = createMarker ["myMarker", [_MajCoordsX + _MajRanPos, _MajCoordsY + _MajRanPos]];

I dont use dynamic radius, but i use on my server that the missions never will be in the middle of marker

little example:

_MajCoordsX = myCoords select 0; //MajorMisson X Marker
_MajCoordsY = myCoords select 1; //MajorMisson Y Marker
_MajRadius = 400;                //Radius of marker, better to get this value from a cfg file
_MajRadius2 = _MajRadius / 2;
_MajRanPos = (random _MajRadius) - _MajRadius2;  //gives out positive or negative values

usage in markers:

_myMarker = createMarker ["myMarker", [_MajCoordsX + _MajRanPos, _MajCoordsY + _MajRanPos]];

I already have the code not allowing the center, but the code was hardcoded for a radius of 5500, which should now be dynamic per map. At 5500m larger maps like Taviana were seeing very little missions spread.

what is this "\n" in the messages for the missions?

Line break.

Makes this super freaking long sentance that im writing that would pop up on screen while you are trying to shoot things.

instead:

Makes this super freaking long sentance that im writing that

would pop up on screen while you are trying to shoot things.

The new dynamic findSafePos radius isn't working correctly for most maps that aren't islands, so I reverted it.

I also added optional RPGs to AI units. A RPG gets added to a single unit in a spawn group. For most missions this means there will be multiple AI with RPGs.

Each unit who spawns with an RPG gets two shots. If you approach the mission in a vehicle they will switch weapons and fire on you.

The RPG is removed from the AI as soon as they are killed, before they even hit the ground if the server isn't lagging.

For people wanting to add RPGs without updating, here is the commit:

https://github.com/SMVampire/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem/commit/598bba3234ed72f2fcbfc5010108aac5757ba387

The new dynamic findSafePos radius isn't working correctly for most maps that aren't islands, so I reverted it.

I also added optional RPGs to AI units. A RPG gets added to a single unit in a spawn group. For most missions this means there will be multiple AI with RPGs.

Each unit who spawns with an RPG gets two shots. If you approach the mission in a vehicle they will switch weapons and fire on you.

The RPG is removed from the AI as soon as they are killed, before they even hit the ground if the server isn't lagging.

For people wanting to add RPGs without updating, here is the commit:

https://github.com/SMVampire/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem/commit/598bba3234ed72f2fcbfc5010108aac5757ba387

Love this. Thank you! I sent you some suggestions via PM.

That is most likely caused by a corrupt .pbo file.. As the server fucks up with even loading the Multiplayer mission. Even if you messed up installing DZMS, the server would still start, you just wouldnt have any missions. 

What program do you use for packing/unpacking your .PBO's?

Im using PBO Manager. i unpack, do my edit then repack the whole Dayz_server.  i dont know why it ducks up because those files are obivously there.  ill be reinstalling PBO manager just to make sure its not the program.

Im using PBO Manager. i unpack, do my edit then repack the whole Dayz_server.  i dont know why it ducks up because those files are obivously there.  ill be reinstalling PBO manager just to make sure its not the program.

If your RPT says that files like server_functions and server_monitor are missing, then its a corrupt server.pbo.

I've added @mudzereli to the Github because of the great additions he is making.

AI that are at a completed mission location will now get cleaned up when a new mission of the same type spawns to prevent lag.

There is now also configurable blacklist areas in the config.

You simply enter the coordinates and the radius.

If you are running static coordinates, then this will of course have no effect.

I also fixed a few positioning issues with the items at missions.

Vampire you are amazing.  Thanks all who helped me fix the problem with the PBO file. (PBO manager needed to be reinstalled - unknown why it just fixed it)

DZMS is working like a charm. 

Thanks Vampire, You are a great asset to this community and I can't want to see what you do next.

I'm getting this:

12:36:30 Error in expression <on "RPG7V";
{
_unit removeMagazine _x
} forEach "PG7V" in (magazines _unit);
};
>
12:36:30   Error position: <forEach "PG7V" in (magazines _unit);
};
>
12:36:30   Error foreach: Type String, expected Array
12:36:30 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSAIKilled.sqf, line 69