[Release] DayZ Mission System

TheVampire

Anyway of telling the mission system which AI to use?

I use WAI for events and a few statics at an AI stronghold, and DAZAI for roaming patrols, but want the mission system to use DAYZAI.

why?

Have found that the vehicles that spawn in missions are not deleting after restart....

in DZMSConfig.sqf you have this one set to true:

DZMSSaveVehicles = false;

Anyway of telling the mission system which AI to use?

I use WAI for events and a few statics at an AI stronghold, and DAZAI for roaming patrols, but want the mission system to use DAYZAI.

DZMS has its own AI. It doesn't support spawning different AI as it would have to choose based on what you have installed, which is a lot of code to figure out. This would also mean that a future update from any other AI system could make DZMS become broken if you were relying on their AI to spawn. I don't plan to make DZMS dependant on any other mod being installed, or I would have programmed it to use DZAI to begin with.

Hello,

I use DZMS with SARGE and on my Map i dont found any "marks" on the Map

serverlog

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System."
20:53:57 "[DZMS]: SargeAI Found! Using SargeAI's Relations!"
20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!"
20:53:57 "[DZMS]: chernarus Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!"
20:53:57 "[DZMS]: DayZ Epoch Detected! Some Scripts Adjusted!"
20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Mission Functions Script Loaded!"
20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Major Mission Clock Starting!"
20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Minor Mission Clock Starting!"
20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Mission Marker Loop for JIPs Starting!"

but i dont found anything on the Server.

Hello,

I use DZMS with SARGE and on my Map i dont found any "marks" on the Map

serverlog

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System."

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: SargeAI Found! Using SargeAI's Relations!"

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!"

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: chernarus Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!"

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: DayZ Epoch Detected! Some Scripts Adjusted!"

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Mission Functions Script Loaded!"

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Major Mission Clock Starting!"

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Minor Mission Clock Starting!"

20:53:57 "[DZMS]: Mission Marker Loop for JIPs Starting!"

but i dont found anything on the Server.

Thats just the start up procedure. The missions don't run immediately. It takes around 10 minutes at least before a mission spawns, depedending on your settings.

If your RPT says a mission has started, yet no mission comes up, then that's when there is an issue.

it works, sorry ^^

Nice Work :)

EDIT:

I got the standart cfg but the missons spawns to fast or?

21:33:17 "[DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM1."

21:39:29 "[DZMS]: Running Minor Mission SM3."
21:39:34 "[DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM6."

21:42:19 "[DZMS]: Running Minor Mission SM5."

well added this like you said. very easy. added it under the wai and got  waiting for host. dayz.st  server. . i checked everything. looks good.

Your server.pbo might have corrupted. Try repacking the pbo.

EDIT:

I got the standart cfg but the missons spawns to fast or?

21:33:17 "[DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM1."

21:39:29 "[DZMS]: Running Minor Mission SM3."

21:39:34 "[DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM6."

21:42:19 "[DZMS]: Running Minor Mission SM5."

They shouldn't be running that fast. Make sure you have a default config. I can't even think of a way they would do that without having another error in the rpt.

DZMS has its own AI. It doesn't support spawning different AI as it would have to choose based on what you have installed, which is a lot of code to figure out. This would also mean that a future update from any other AI system could make DZMS become broken if you were relying on their AI to spawn. I don't plan to make DZMS dependant on any other mod being installed, or I would have programmed it to use DZAI to begin with.

No worries I only asked because it identifies currently installed AI, so I presumed it picked one to use. Thanks for clearing that up.

I haven't seen this in the mod yet, but I'm curious how we could go about spawning in mission specific vehicles that had empty fuel tanks. Is there a way to override the default fuel that the mod gives, so we could do a mission where the player needs to fuel up the vehicle first.

In DZMSFunctions.sqf change this

_object setFuel _ranFuel;

to this

_object setFuel 0;

If you are using DZMSSaveVehicles I guess you have to do the same thing in DZMSSaveToHive.sqf

please help me. when i use this script how do i make it so that after the mission starts, then after 10 minutes it will get removed even if a player doesnt do the mission. i want a time limit on the mission so if the players dont get to it in time, it will be removed. please help me

I don't agree with timeouts, and I don't plan to impliment them.

Timeouts in my opinion lead back to one of the things I believe users should not do with missions, and thats picking and choosing which missions to run. I shouldn't be able to sit on a low pop server and wait for the missions I know has the most crates, or the best guns, or more to spawn in. When there's a hostage situation, it doesn't go away.

If there is a reason your players are choosing not to do certain missions, let me know what they say. I want the missions to be advanced, entertaining, and challenging enough to make them want to get every mission. With v1.1 I'm starting this by completely redoing all the missions I currently have in the map editor so they look better and feel more realistic.

v1.1 Goals

- Redo Missions in the Editor

- Add Epoch Specific Missions

- Work on Expanding Missions, with Relocated Missions, Missions that become more complicated, Traveling Missions, or Point A to B Missions.

- Balance the AI better, while still being challenging to the player.

I don't agree with timeouts, and I don't plan to impliment them.

Timeouts in my opinion lead back to one of the things I believe users should not do with missions, and thats picking and choosing which missions to run. I shouldn't be able to sit on a low pop server and wait for the missions I know has the most crates, or the best guns, or more to spawn in. When there's a hostage situation, it doesn't go away.

If there is a reason your players are choosing not to do certain missions, let me know what they say. I want the missions to be advanced, entertaining, and challenging enough to make them want to get every mission. With v1.1 I'm starting this by completely redoing all the missions I currently have in the map editor so they look better and feel more realistic.

v1.1 Goals

- Redo Missions in the Editor

- Add Epoch Specific Missions

- Work on Expanding Missions, with Relocated Missions, Missions that become more complicated, Traveling Missions, or Point A to B Missions.

- Balance the AI better, while still being challenging to the player.

i run the server for about 20 of my friends and they want a time limit on it, please can you tell me how to do it? or another mission system that has timeout on it?

thank you for the reply btw

i run the server for about 20 of my friends and they want a time limit on it, please can you tell me how to do it? or another mission system that has timeout on it?

thank you for the reply btw

WickedAI has timeouts.

Unless you want to redo and each mission file DZMS doesn't have timeouts added, sorry.