cmEarplugs 2.0 is now available on github!

Earplugs script for Arma 3 Epoch (EPAH safe)

- This script allows you to put in "earplugs".
- Config.sqf will let you configure almost every possible aspect of the script.
- You can now insert and remove the earplugs by pressing a key of your choice. 
- Current available keys are : F4, F5, INSERT, NUMPADMULTIPLY, NUMPADDIVIDE
- Auto-insert and remove earplugs when getting in and out of vehicles.
- Inserting earplugs reduces volume down to about 25 percent.
- Removing earplugs restores volume to 100 percent.

*Thanks to mgm on epochmod.com for helping with keypress config technique.

EDIT: I didn't have any battleye kicks, let me know if you get any so I can update BE filters.

cmEarplugs 2.0 is now available on github!

Earplugs script for Arma 3 Epoch (EPAH safe)

- Config.sqf will let you configure almost every possible aspect of the script.
- You can now insert and remove the earplugs by pressing a key of your choice. 
- Current available keys are : F4, F5, INSERT, NUMPADMULTIPLY, NUMPADDIVIDE
- Auto-insert and remove earplugs when getting in and out of vehicles.

*Thanks to mgm on epochmod.com for helping with keypress config technique.

EDIT: I didn't have any battleye kicks, let me know if you get any so I can update BE filters.

Congrats on the new release!

A small suggestion on the documentation side:  if you move the bottom 2 lines to top, to line positions #2 & #3 script intro will be fullin 3 lines, one ofter another easy to follow, as such:

You keep improving this non-stop! Looking forward to v.3.0 with luxury earplugs that keep vehicle noise out like the previous versions but can also pair up with your Apple Watch (the new 32 zettabytes, 2036 model!) and keep playing music at 100% volume level.

Good job cm, keep it up!

Guys,

I suggested KeyDown because it was consistently working for me, cm gave credit and used this more elegant solution. That would be the end of it if this was vanilla Arma. However EPOCH evidently changes things.

As soon as I moved my Transport for Arma script to production (with the initial public alpha release) started receiving reports of "it's not working" from testers. I have done my homework (after the event) and set up a clean lab and done tests in a systematic way. In summary, keyDown works only when EPAH is enabled AND player is an admin.

I don't know if this KeyDown method which myself and CM use can be 'fixed' in Epoch. What I do know is, until someone shows us how, we need a temp workaround.

Last night, I have implemented which does not rely on keyPress but 'activates' when map is opened three times in rapid succession (3 times in 8 seconds by default). Admittedly opening/closing map is a bit ugly method but for the time being, in the absence of anything better, it is doing the job.

Working fine when Epoch AntiHack is on or off,

working fine when local player is admin or not,

working fine when AH cfgpatches setting enabled or not etc etc.

It is easy enough to code mapDetect from scratch but I will be happy to share the code if CM would like to re-use my existing code.

From what I hear KeyUp works fine.

When I noticed the issue with EPOCH_KeyDown (i.e.: not working), changing all KeyDown's to KeyUp was the first step in my test process, lasted about 5 minutes and did not work for me.

If anybody shares working code I will be happy to test & use.

I imagine EPOCH_KeyDown is not there to outright 'block' all KeyDown events, we just need to speak its language somehow but I have no idea how it works hence the workaround. We need LordAWOL or axeman or someone similar.

(of course they are all busy developing hoverboards now)

I'm getting  #0 "cmEarplugs_hotkeyDIKCodeNumber" = 62

anyone know where i gotta add that + syntax

at the end of the first line add this    

!="cmEarplugs_hotkeyDIKCodeNumber"

at the end , on the first line of the txt file mentioned in the error (scripts, setvariable, etc)

I also add !="KeyDown" to a couple of lines in scripts.txt.  This was to fix BE error 59 kick when AI kills you.

added !="KeyDown" to:

displayAddEventHandler

displayRemoveEventhandler

Also added !="cmEarplugs_hotkeyDIKCodeNumber"  as mentioned by computermancer above.

All sorted I hope

I updated battleye stuff, files on github and install instrucitons

BTW: It turns out that EPAH being enabled does not allow keydown stuff. 

But if you do have EPAH enabled, everything else still works.

Edit these in your BE filters

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
scripts.txt (at the end of the line add the following)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////                                        
(BIS_fnc_)  First Line:  !"bis_fnc_initVehicle" !"BIS_fnc_setVehicleMass_fsm" !"BIS_fnc_arsenal_type"      

(displayAddEventHandler)  Line 53 (54 on notepad++) :         !"EP_LOOP"
 (displayAddEventHandler)  Line 53 (54 on notepad++)           !"cmKeyPress"
 (              exec                    )   Line 22 (23 on notepad++) :           !"clock.sqf"

PublicVariable.txt (at the end of the line add the following)
First Line:                                            !"cmEarplugs_hotkeyDIKCodeNumber"

I updated battleye stuff, files on github and install instrucitons

BTW: It turns out that EPAH being enabled does not allow keydown stuff. 

But if you do have EPAH enabled, everything else still works.

Edit these in your BE filters

scripts.txt (at the end of the line add the following)

(BIS_fnc_)  First Line:  !"bis_fnc_initVehicle" !"BIS_fnc_setVehicleMass_fsm" !"BIS_fnc_arsenal_type"      

(displayAddEventHandler)  Line 53 (54 on notepad++) :         !"EP_LOOP"

(displayAddEventHandler)  Line 53 (54 on notepad++)           !"cmKeyPress"

(              exec                    )   Line 22 (23 on notepad++) :           !"clock.sqf"

PublicVariable.txt (at the end of the line add the following)

First Line:                                            !"cmEarplugs_hotkeyDIKCodeNumber"

In my experience EPAH is blocking for players and working for admins - sorry I noticed this after suggesting the method.

I got a workaround which is working for all players if you'd like to reuse that method let me know?

Hey Guys,

I'm getting the following when I die after implementing this script. Any ideas?

I've added the !="KeyDown" as described in a previous post, but that hasn't helped:

Script restriction #31.

The log says: #31 "PlayerKilled.sqf"

5 fadeSound 1;

earplugsout = true;

removeAllActions inCaseofDeath;

removeAllActions theOneTrueName;

inCaseo"

Paul

Hey Guys,

I'm getting the following when I die after implementing this script. Any ideas?

I've added the !="KeyDown" as described in a previous post, but that hasn't helped:

Script restriction #31.

The log says: #31 "PlayerKilled.sqf"

5 fadeSound 1;

earplugsout = true;

removeAllActions inCaseofDeath;

removeAllActions theOneTrueName;

inCaseo"

Paul

Is EPAH (Epoch AntiHack) enabled and if yes, are you an EPAH Admin? Evidently, only EPAH admins can use this 'KeyDown' and EPAH need to be enabled on the server.

I believe that it is enabled, yes. OK though thanks, I'll remove this one :)

This script is working brilliant overall except this last issue - I guess CM will fix it soon.

Until then just use one of the older versions.

If there is no 'older versions' in GitHub, maybe ask CM to provide one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By khalcifer
      Hello I am looking for scripts, addons to WAI autoclaim missions
      this script works about who shoot first to the mission autoclaim it, and in map put the name who shoot first
      example
      [no claim] [Hero] [Disabled AH1Z] [Extreme]
      changed to
      [Khalcifer] [Hero] [Disabled AH1Z] [Extreme]
    • By JakeQue
      Hi guys, need a few updates for the vehicle garage if possible. I need to limit the amount of vehicles per player... 

Also need to stop overpowered vehicles being stored in the garage. I have updated my player_storeVehicle.sqf with the following code but it's not working, it still stores them : 

// Developed by [GZA] David for German Zombie Apocalypse Servers (https://zombieapo.eu/) private["_unit","_obj","_wogear","_charID","_objectID","_keyavailable","_keyColor","_added","_objectUID","_key","_class","_noStore"]; if(lbCurSel 3802 == -1) exitWith {hint "No Vehicle selected"}; _unit = player; _obj = StoreVehicleList select (lbCurSel 3802); StoreVehicleList = nil; _wogear = _this select 0; closeDialog 0; _noStore = _obj in ["AH64D"]; if (_noStore) exitWith { cutText ["Woah, that vehicle is too overpowered. You can't store that here!", "PLAIN DOWN"]; }; _charID = _obj getVariable ["CharacterID","0"]; _objectID = _obj getVariable ["ObjectID","0"]; _objectUID = _obj getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"]; if (_objectID == "1") exitWith {cutText ["Can not store mission vehicle.", "PLAIN DOWN"];}; // Check for mission vehicle WAI Script _keyavailable = false; _keyColor = ["ItemKeyYellow","ItemKeyBlue","ItemKeyRed","ItemKeyGreen","ItemKeyBlack"]; if(_charID != "0") then { { if (configName(inheritsFrom(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) in _keyColor) then { if (str(getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "keyid")) == _charID) then { _key = _x; _keyavailable = true; }; }; } count (items _unit); } else {_keyavailable = true;}; if (!_keyavailable) exitWith {cutText ["You need the key of the vehicle.", "PLAIN DOWN"];}; _added = false; if (!_wogear) then { _added = [player, Pricegear] call SC_fnc_removeCoins; } else {_added = true;}; Pricegear = nil; if(!_added) exitWith {cutText ["You don't have enough money.", "PLAIN DOWN"];}; if(_charID != "0") then { [_unit,_key] call BIS_fnc_invRemove; cutText ["Key removed!", "PLAIN DOWN"]; }; _obj setvehiclelock "locked"; PVDZE_storeVehicle = [_obj, _unit, _wogear]; publicVariableServer "PVDZE_storeVehicle"; waitUntil {!isNil "PVDZE_storeVehicleResult"}; PVDZ_obj_Destroy = [_objectID,_objectUID,_unit]; publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Destroy"; deleteVehicle _obj; PVDZE_storeVehicleResult = nil; sleep 2; cutText ["Stored Vehicle in Garage.", "PLAIN DOWN"]; Also would be nice to maybe implement an sql event which removes them out the garage after 14 days if anyone could write that? 

Merci ! xD
    • By Mr.Exodus
      So i found this script a while ago, can´t remember who made it. (i think it was a dude called matt).
      Anyway i cant get it to work since its outdatet, if anyone could take a look at the script! Since im kinda lost..

The script should place a marker on the map, when a crashsite is spawned. 

//Heli crash Markers and alert player         
           heliCrash = _pos;      [heliCrash] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\modules\crashmarker.sqf"; //call the spawn marker spawn script      publicVariable "heliCrash";//not sure if needed but its there :P    
      I place the code in Crash_spawner.sqf right under my:   "diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: Crash completed! Wreck at: %2 - Runtime: %1 Seconds || Distance from calculated POC: %3 meters", round(_endTime), str(getPos _crash), round(_position distance _crash)]); "

And added a new file called crashmarker.sqf, in my modules folder. And added this code;

//CRASH SITE MAP MARKERS AND MESSAGE      private["_nul"];      _CrashCoords = _this select 0;      //create marker at crash site      _event_marker = createMarker ["HeliCrashsiteMarker", _CrashCoords];      _event_marker  setMarkerColor "ColorBlue";      _event_marker  setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";      _event_marker  setMarkerBrush "Grid";      _event_marker  setMarkerSize [175,175];     _event_marker  setMarkerText "Crash site";      //DEBUG      diag_log(format["CRASH MARKER: marker created at %1", _CrashCoords]);        systemChat("A Military unit have been shot down! check your map for location!");       _wait_time = 600; //wait 10 min    // Wait sleep _wait_time; // Clean up marker  
      deleteMarker _event_marker;  
      My crashsites are working fine, but still no marks! Thx for the help!
    • By uniflare
      Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/skbtforarma/

[RELEASE] Arma 2/3 Server Keepalive Batch Tool 1.2.2
      I wrote this for our old A2 Epoch server in hopes of making a very simple and light-weight easy to use keepalive/restarter, it was very useful, thought I'd share with the public. This tool has developed on these forums considerably and now has many many more features that make administering and controlling your server much easier.

Keepalive Status Window

Keepalive GUI

Keepalive GUI Configuration Properties

Feature Archive:

-Gui-
      ADDED IN 1.2.2: Higher core support for setting affinities (up to 100 cores O.O)
      ADDED IN 1.2.2: New status icons in config window for batch/server status
      ADDED IN 1.2.2: Added a new control bar in config window, to control keepalive/server

-Core-
      ADDED IN 1.2.2: Added an exit batch check and new file to set this flag externally to close the keepalive.
      Auto start Database/Arma server and BEC if any one of them fails Logs events in real-time with a console display Easy configuration for any arma server (arma/arma 2/arma 3) Ability to Auto restart using BEC Scheduler (check readme for details) Ability to manually restart from an external program (eg, Web Service on same machine) Keepalive for the Keepalive (if batch crashes or something, it will keep running regardless) Auto log file rotation *added in 0.8.0 Auto Database Backup *added in 0.8.0 Ability to use 7zip to archive logs and/or database file *added in 0.8.0 Keep Arma Server Monitor active (Optional) (addon for arma 2/3) *added in 0.8.0 Keep Teamspeak Server Active (Optional) *added in 0.8.0 Database Interval, Minutes between DB Backups *added in 0.9.0 Ability to keep ASM server monitor alive. *added in 0.9.0 Ability to keep Teamspeak server alive. *added in 0.9.0 Log backup and db backup locations configurable *added in 0.9.0 Lets arma close nicely using #shutdown on automatic restarts (BEC Scheduler required) *added in 0.9.0 Manual Action Timeout configurable. (How long will it take you to upload new pbos?) *added in 0.9.0 Configuration settings for ASM logging capabilities. Check batch settings. *fixed in 0.9.1 Ability to configure another process to keep alive (such as a HC client or another server using a renamed exe file). *NEW IN 0.9.2 Project on Sourceforge and GitHub. *NEW IN 0.9.4 Crash Detection! Will force close any crashed processes! *NEW IN 0.9.4 Affinity and Priority settings! *NEW IN 0.9.4 Sleek GUI for managing and installing SKBT for multiple server on the same machine/network!*ADDED IN 1.0.0 Keepalive instance shortcuts to start menu and desktop. ADDED IN 1.0.1 Usage of parenthesis and spaces in path names fully! ADDED IN 1.0.3 Allow bec_flag_dsc parameter, (fix BEC auto closing due to no update signal). ADDED IN 1.0.3 Ability to change log detail level. Added in 1.1.0 Can forcefully delay between ONLY restart events 3 batch files in custom folder to aid in hooking code before certain events, more info inside those files (Check readme or more info) Tooltips to all configuration options Custom process tab! Keep any process you wish alive with your server (up to 100 extra processes!). ADDED IN 1.2.0 Heartbeat for external programs to know if the Keepalive is active. ADDED IN 1.2.0
        Downloads:
      NOTE*: Please use the sourceforge/Github repositories to download.

[LATEST RELEASE]
      DOWNLOAD 1.2.2 - GUI Installer
      tinyupload.com

DOWNLOAD 1.2.2 - No Gui (Manual Install)
      tinyupload.com

Mirrors on SourceForge / GitHub
      Development Snapshots available as standard.

[OLDER RELEASES]
      For older releases please use the github/sourceforce release lists.

*Latest Release:
      Please be advised the download links in this post are not the latest. SKBT was updated after the latest official release but do not fear! You do not need to build it!
      To download the latest binary of SKBT click here (sourceforge/skbtforarma/Master/Bin/Release/skbtInstaller_win32.exe)
      Check the commit logs on SF/GH for updates and changes.

edit-
      Updated to 1.2.2.1 (Only on repo)
    • By Sundowner
      Giving out my custom ai alert sound to all the hard working server owners out there!
      I can't upload ogg sound so email me at ambientwaves and I'll send it to you.
      To use it with WAI Radio announcements, just replace radio.ogg with mine.
      See pic for it's location in my setup (GTX server).
      Please let me know if you like and use it!
      If you would like some other kind of custom voice-over like this let me know and I can probably do it for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord