Server Never Sends Mission, Stuck Creating

C222

Question

I have been recently trying to get a DayZ Epock server running on my box ruinning Windows Server 2012.

The server loads fine, but never gets past the "Creating" phase. All players that connect get stuck at "Wait for host".

I have tried both 1.0.5 and 1.0.5.1. Both on the Chernarus map and Taviana.

RPT File:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9swmexi2

I've run out of ideas on what to do next. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

11 answers to this question

Yeah, database is running. But, the hive log is empty.

The Epoch Server mod pbo is packed, exactly what I got from the Epoch website's zip.

./@DayZ_Epoch_Server/HiveExt.dll
./@DayZ_Epoch_Server/addons/dayz_server.pbo

Yeah, database is running. But, the hive log is empty.

The Epoch Server mod pbo is packed, exactly what I got from the Epoch website's zip.

./@DayZ_Epoch_Server/HiveExt.dll
./@DayZ_Epoch_Server/addons/dayz_server

Hmm have you tried reinstalling the server?

Tried some more things:

• Made all mission names lower-case
  • Reboot server box
  • Add Incoming/outgoing firewall rules
  • Launched using TADST

No change. Still stuck Creating/"wait for host."

What is strange to me is that I never get to the role selection screen. The server log claims "Mission DayZ Epoch Taviana read from directory." but the mission is never sent to my client. This means that everything, mission, mods, configs, are all read without any obvious error, yet something is preventing the mission from starting.

Server log example:

1:59:16 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.193)
 1:59:17 Host identity created.
 1:59:25 C222 uses modified data file
 1:59:25 BattlEye Server: Player #0 C222 (192.168.1.2:2304) connected
 1:59:25 Player C222 connecting.
 1:59:26 Mission DayZ Epoch Taviana read from directory.
 1:59:27 BattlEye Server: Player #0 C222 - GUID: 6482f9fd08f9eb426b5b4f29aea341a0 (unverified)
 1:59:27 BattlEye Server: Player #0 C222 - Legacy GUID: 43e441491a2ff4e9fca2eeb2d84cacdb
 1:59:29 BattlEye Server: IMPORTANT: BattlEye will stop providing protection for servers using outdated non-Steam versions of the game soon. This will happen regardless of GameSpy's status, so server admins are urged to upgrade their servers to the latest 1.63 Steam patch ASAP.
 1:59:34 Player C222 disconnected.
 1:59:34 BattlEye Server: Player #0 C222 disconnected
 1:59:34 All users disconnected, waiting for users.

(Server is 1.63)

Nothing shows up in client RPT.

Tried some more things:

• Made all mission names lower-case
  • Reboot server box
  • Add Incoming/outgoing firewall rules
  • Launched using TADST

No change. Still stuck Creating/"wait for host."

What is strange to me is that I never get to the role selection screen. The server log claims "Mission DayZ Epoch Taviana read from directory." but the mission is never sent to my client. This means that everything, mission, mods, configs, are all read without any obvious error, yet something is preventing the mission from starting.

Server log example:

1:59:16 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.193)
 1:59:17 Host identity created.
 1:59:25 C222 uses modified data file
 1:59:25 BattlEye Server: Player #0 C222 (192.168.1.2:2304) connected
 1:59:25 Player C222 connecting.
 1:59:26 Mission DayZ Epoch Taviana read from directory.
 1:59:27 BattlEye Server: Player #0 C222 - GUID: 6482f9fd08f9eb426b5b4f29aea341a0 (unverified)
 1:59:27 BattlEye Server: Player #0 C222 - Legacy GUID: 43e441491a2ff4e9fca2eeb2d84cacdb
 1:59:29 BattlEye Server: IMPORTANT: BattlEye will stop providing protection for servers using outdated non-Steam versions of the game soon. This will happen regardless of GameSpy's status, so server admins are urged to upgrade their servers to the latest 1.63 Steam patch ASAP.
 1:59:34 Player C222 disconnected.
 1:59:34 BattlEye Server: Player #0 C222 disconnected
 1:59:34 All users disconnected, waiting for users.

(Server is 1.63)

Nothing shows up in client RPT.

Ohh So u cant join the server it jsut says waiting for host? if so that mean you have to go into your arma 2 folder and copy the addons folder in there and then paste it into ur arma 2 ao files then once its done relaunch the server

Something else to do is check your local rpt, in your appdata\local and see if there isn't an error being thrown locally that is keeping the client from connecting. It could be a matter of forgetting to update you commandline startup with the correct mods or it could be an issue with the mission.sqm. Both of those have thrown only local errors for me and both showed my name blinking in the top right corner as it waited indefinitely for host.