Ok so when i commented the dynamic weather out i got errors in reference to this lin

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

i deleted this line and it works great....so my question is does the server work ok without this line of code....if so what does this code refer to thanks.

\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf is for the weather effects on your server like rain, cloudy, storm etc...

You have to comment this out because of the fast time travel. Or you would have very fast clouds in the sky with lags.

There is a slightly modified version where you can use the weather effects but it seems that it's not working correctly

Hi,

If you want to try this version, tell me if it works:

VERSION A: You need to have clouds off:

//ON SERVER FILES - REPLACE SERVER_TIMESYNC FUNCTION IN SERVER_FUNCTION.SQF
server_timeSync={
	private["_hour","_minute","_date","_key","_result","_outcome","_date_n","_timeDif","_date_n_fixed"];
        _key="CHILD:307:";
	_result=_key call server_hiveReadWrite;
	_outcome=_result select 0;
	if(_outcome=="PASS")then{
		_date=_result select 1;
		if(dayz_fullMoonNights)then{
			_hour=_date select 3;
			_minute=_date select 4;
			_date=[2013,8,3,_hour,_minute];
		};

//MTDR
		if(isNil"PVDZE_plr_SetDate")then{
			mtdr_dateInitial=_date;
			mtdr_dateInitial_y=mtdr_dateInitial select 0;;
			mtdr_dateInitial_n=dateToNumber mtdr_dateInitial;
		};
		_date_n=dateToNumber _date;
		_timeDif=_date_n-mtdr_dateInitial_n;
		_date_n_fixed=_date_n+_timeDif*5;
		_date=numberToDate[mtdr_dateInitial_y,_date_n_fixed];
		//MTDR

setDate _date;
		PVDZE_plr_SetDate=_date;
		publicVariable"PVDZE_plr_SetDate";
		diag_log("TIME SYNC: Local Time set to "+str _date);
	};
};

//ON MISION FILES - ADD AT THE END OF INIT.SQF
[] spawn {
	_acell=6;
	_uiSleepBase=12;
	_uiSleep=_uiSleepBase;
	_skipTimeBase=((_acell-1)*_uiSleepBase)/3600;
	_skipTime=_skipTimeBase;
	_start=diag_tickTime;
	if(_skipTime>0)then{
		while{true}do{
			uiSleep _uiSleep;
			skipTime _skipTime;
			_time=diag_tickTime-_start;
			_start=_start+_time;
			_uiSleep=_uiSleepBase-(_time-_uiSleepBase);
			if(_uiSleep<0) then {
				_skipTime=_skipTimeBase+(-_uiSleep/3600);
				_uiSleep=0;
			};
		};
	};
};

VERSION B: You can have Clouds on:

server_timeSync={
	private["_hour","_minute","_date","_key","_result","_outcome","_date_n","_timeDif","_date_n_fixed"];
		_date=_result select 1;
			_hour=_date select 3;
			_minute=_date select 4;
		};

//MTDR
			mtdr_dateInitial=_date;
		};
		//MTDR

setDate _date;
		PVDZE_plr_SetDate=_date;
	};
};

[] spawn {
	_acell=6;
	_uiSleepBase=0.01;
	_uiSleep=_uiSleepBase;
	_skipTime=_skipTimeBase;
	_start=diag_tickTime;
	if(_skipTime>0)then{
		while{true}do{
			uiSleep _uiSleep;
			skipTime _skipTime;
			_start=_start+_time;
			if(_uiSleep<0) then {
				_uiSleep=0;
			};
		};
	};
};

Edited by Donnovan

In Arma 3 Exile mod, I use this code to speed up time, with time moving faster between 1900 and 0500 using this:

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

while {true} do
{
	if (daytime >= 19 || daytime < 5) then   // after 7pm and before 5am time multiplier changes
	{
		setTimeMultiplier 12      // adjust this value for slower or faster night cycle ( 24 hours will take 1 hour )
	}
	else
	{
		setTimeMultiplier 6      // adjust this value for slower or faster day cycle  ( 12 hours will take 1 hour )
	};

uiSleep 30;
};

Does the if (daytime >= 19 etc..) work in Arma 2? For example, in the timecontrol.sqf, could I do this?

if (daytime >= 19 || daytime < 5) then 
{
donn_multi = 4;
}
else
{
donn_multi = 4/3;
}

Of course I'd probably have to tweak the donn_multi to get the appropriate time acceleration for the night hours.

I am looking to have to server restarting when it is around 12:00 am. I have a 3 hour restart but the server cycles 24 hours with 4/3. I am not wanting it to cycle through 24 hours.

What would be the best setting for this?

Thanks again donnovan for your hardwork.

Ok so normally i would test a script BEFORE posting a question.  but this script here if i install it i can only test it for the duration of a restart. and ill be honest i dont want to sit there for 4 hours lol.

So if i understand correctly, this line here

donn_multi = 4/3; -> 3 hours day

will give me 3 hours day, and one hour night? correct? (my restarts are 4hrs)

thanks again donnovan

5 hours ago, theduke said:

Thanks again donnovan for your hardwork.

Ok so normally i would test a script BEFORE posting a question.  but this script here if i install it i can only test it for the duration of a restart. and ill be honest i dont want to sit there for 4 hours lol.

So if i understand correctly, this line here

donn_multi = 4/3; -> 3 hours day

will give me 3 hours day, and one hour night? correct? (my restarts are 4hrs)

thanks again donnovan

Correct. I have the same setting and have 3 hours daylight and one hour night in every 4 hour restart

On 07/02/2016 at 3:38 AM, rpg4e said:

I did. Doesn't work. Followed full instructions and have read whole topic...

You're an idiot. This has been working on my server for months. Instead of flatly saying it doesn't work (which I can assure you, it does) fix your problems with script restrictions and get it working? 

My server has static time in hiveExt to be 6am when the server starts.

My restarts are every 4 hours.

I want to have 3 hours of day and 1 hour of night.

I set to 4/3 but all that appears to be happening is that time speeds up and races to get back to 6am within the 4 hour cycle.  So it's sunset (7pm) after 2 hours uptime and by the time it's restart time again, it's almost back to 6am again.   

What could I have done wrong?  Any suggestions to solve this would be much appreciated.

59 minutes ago, ravenwolf said:

My server has static time in hiveExt to be 6am when the server starts.

My restarts are every 4 hours.

I want to have 3 hours of day and 1 hour of night.

I set to 4/3 but all that appears to be happening is that time speeds up and races to get back to 6am within the 4 hour cycle.  So it's sunset (7pm) after 2 hours uptime and by the time it's restart time again, it's almost back to 6am again.   

What could I have done wrong?  Any suggestions to solve this would be much appreciated.

Errrr ..... what? That gives you ROUGHLY 1 hour of night time? 

12 hours ago, ElDubya said:

Errrr ..... what? That gives you ROUGHLY 1 hour of night time? 

No, it gives me 2 hours of day and 2 hours of night.  It takes 2 hours to get from 6am to 7pm (sunset).  At which point there are still 2 hours till the next restart.
By the time the server restarts , it's dawn.

I want 6am until 7pm to take 3 hours.  And 7pm until 5am to take 1 hour.

On 21/10/2015 at 6:08 PM, Donnovan said:

Hi,

If you want to try this version, tell me if it works:

VERSION A: You need to have clouds off:

server_timeSync={
		_date=_result select 1;
			_hour=_date select 3;
			_minute=_date select 4;
		};

//MTDR
			mtdr_dateInitial=_date;
		};
		//MTDR

setDate _date;
		PVDZE_plr_SetDate=_date;
	};
};

[] spawn {
	_acell=6;
	_uiSleepBase=12;
	_uiSleep=_uiSleepBase;
	_skipTime=_skipTimeBase;
	_start=diag_tickTime;
	if(_skipTime>0)then{
		while{true}do{
			uiSleep _uiSleep;
			skipTime _skipTime;
			_start=_start+_time;
			if(_uiSleep<0) then {
				_uiSleep=0;
			};
		};
	};
};

VERSION B: You can have Clouds on:

server_timeSync={
		_date=_result select 1;
			_hour=_date select 3;
			_minute=_date select 4;
		};

//MTDR
			mtdr_dateInitial=_date;
		};
		//MTDR

setDate _date;
		PVDZE_plr_SetDate=_date;
	};
};

[] spawn {
	_acell=6;
	_uiSleepBase=0.01;
	_uiSleep=_uiSleepBase;
	_skipTime=_skipTimeBase;
	_start=diag_tickTime;
	if(_skipTime>0)then{
		while{true}do{
			uiSleep _uiSleep;
			skipTime _skipTime;
			_start=_start+_time;
			if(_uiSleep<0) then {
				_uiSleep=0;
			};
		};
	};
};

I am using what you posted here, but it does not change speed depending on time so night time will be the same speed as day, also getting the right speed for 24 hours in 3 hour restart is difficult. 

Also my nights aren't full moon even with it set to true?

Thanks in advanced

Thanks for this great work!

How should i set up this script to have 5 Hours Day and 1 Hour Night? :/ I'm a little bit confused right now ^^

At the moment i have it setup like this: 

donn_multi = 0.5;

and in day_server functions:

//========================TIME FUNCTION============================
if (_dayTime >= 8 && _dayTime <= 16) then {donn_speed =  4.000;};
if (_dayTime >  4 && _dayTime <   8) then {donn_speed =  6.666;};
if (_dayTime > 16 && _dayTime <  20) then {donn_speed =  6.666;};
if (_dayTime <= 4 || _dayTime >= 20) then {donn_speed = 20.000;};
//=================================================================