Joelma's Time Control

Donnovan

They turn off the normal DayZ Epoch SetDate.

They turn off infiStar SetDate.

So SetDate is all controled by Joelma's Time Control.

The Epoch Server and infiStar will not be able to change the client date & hour.

You're still talking above my head. :) What does that mean? Was there a problem that I didn't see with the way it was?

BetterDeadThanZed,

When server overload, time sincronization on player join may be not instantly, but happens in the first 30 seconds of gameplay.

I was having some overload on my server, and the problem started to happens, this is why i did this fix.

What is the processor of your server? How many players? Can i know?

I have a Xeon E3 1240 v2 Processor with 12 Gb of No-ECC memory. 30/40 players.

BetterDeadThanZed,

When server overload, time sincronization on player join may be not instantly, but happens in the first 30 seconds of gameplay.

I was having some overload on my server, and the problem started to happens, this is why i did this fix.

What is the processor of your server? How many players? Can i know?

I have a Xeon E3 1240 v2 Processor with 12 Gb of No-ECC memory. 30/40 players.

I really don't know the specs. I rent my servers from Vert Hosting. My server isn't that busy. Maybe 15 - 20 players at any one time.

had to remove the script after more then 30 players joined certain players would start having the script go out of control. It would steadily get faster and faster to the point 24 hours would go by in 3 minutes. Even relogging wouldnt fix it for them. The wierd bit was that it would do it for more and more players as time went on. We have 4 hour restarts and the script works great until you get too many players it seems, at least for me.

Kilrath,

I made a change on time_control.sqf, instead of using the function time, i'm using diag_tickTime.

This will make server and clients measure real time correctly. The time function give "longer seconds" on overload, so if the client or the server is overloaded, they will have longer seconds and hurt sync, needing a correction each 30 seconds.

Also, be sure to be using lastest version. If you want to try again with the new code, i will apreciate.

Donnovan.

@Donnovan

Just a little question

should'nt there is a publicVariable "donn_speed" call each time its value changes?? To noticy client that it has changed

EDIT:

nevermind, i didnt see you added an handler on cad_pvar_server_date that change donn_speed value

Nice to know it worked.

BTW, i'm working in a new kind of time control: Lactos Time Control.

On it you can distribute your server time like that, for example:

1) 3 hours day (from 10:30am to 1:30pm), and

2) 1 hou night (from 11:30pm to 00:30am)

Lactos will play 3 hours of day and then fast forward (with smooth time acceleration) to the night time, 11:30pm.

You can make the "check points" you want, and Lactos will play then and fast smooth forward to the next.

You can see the sun/moon running fast on the sky, clouds passing, smoothonally, its quite nice.

*Loss of FPS happens only on the transitions*

Chaingun427, i don't know if acelerated time can interfer in AI behavior, but i believe it's possible if the AI behavior is connected with mission time instead of system time.

lordgeorge, i always had it set toType = Static. I just change the setting Hour = 12 to what i want.

I have not played with other possibilities, so i don't know if they will work or not. What other values can you use for Type?

Thanks for the feedback.

Chaingun427, i don't know if acelerated time can interfer in AI behavior, but i believe it's possible if the AI behavior is connected with mission time instead of system time.

lordgeorge, i always had it set toType = Static. I just change the setting Hour = 12 to what i want.

I have not played with other possibilities, so i don't know if they will work or not. What other values can you use for Type?

Thanks for the feedback.

As far as i know, static\custom\local :)

Its ok then, we have left it static just wanted to query it really :)

are you using the new 2.14 version by chance? I noticed that when it was configured for 2 hour days that missions spawned insanely fast. Wasn't sure if the constant AI movement was due to their coding or this script. We were used to the older version where they actually pause a bit between movements instead of moving constantly.

are you using the new 2.14 version by chance? I noticed that when it was configured for 2 hour days that missions spawned insanely fast. Wasn't sure if the constant AI movement was due to their coding or this script. We were used to the older version where they actually pause a bit between movements instead of moving constantly.

I am using 2.14 and I have 4 hour days.

Hello guys, couldn't find an answer to my question, sorry if this has been asked already.

Our thrist goes down faster since we are using the script. How can I tunne it? I would like let's say to decrease the thirst loss, blood, etc by 3 times, does anyone know how I can do that?

Thanks.

Our thrist goes down faster since we are using the script.

This is confirmed Jey?

If yes, really really bad situation, this is too much for me, probablly will drop support.

What about the other implications we still not discovered? This is why skip time is a fps consumer process. It can be a game breaker.

Deactivating it on my server now (i'm using Gold Papa Time Control).