Overpoch - How's it done ??

SGCDayZ

Question

Several people on my server have been requesting we switch to 'Overpoch' which is a mix between Epoch and Overwatch. I've tried looking into it but can't seem to find anything on how to set it up.

Hoping this is in the right section of the forums but it seems like the right place as I want to add Overwatch to my already established Epoch server to create Overpoch.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

SGCDayZ Server Management

Jonas

Actually the first comment answered everyones questions!

the exact thing that needs doing to make a overpoch is mentioned in both them posts linked in that thread

I understand both of these points however this thread is more for people to post ideas towards actually merging the two mods not just saying to wait for someone else to do it.

il make it easier for you.

1.upload overwatch client files to your server.

2. edit the .bat file that launches your server to include @dayz0verwatch

3.tell your players to add into there additional launch parameters -mod=@dayzOverwatch;@dayz_epoch

4. add extra vehicles to spawn in using the dynamic_spawn.sqf and edit traders

il make it easier for you.

1.upload overwatch client files to your server.

2. edit the .bat file that launches your server to include @dayz0verwatch

3.tell your players to add into there additional launch parameters -mod=@dayz0verwatch;@dayz_epoch

4. add extra vehicles to spawn in using the dynamic_spawn.sqf and edit traders

Thank you now that is what this thread is about :)

Hey guys i am more than happy to help.

I am the origional creator of the OverPoch mod well over two moths ago.

Unfortunately i have received no credit for the idea or name <_<

Cheers

George

Well George I'd be happy to accept your help :) Firstly could you maybe point out where to find the batch file as our server host (Vilayer) but seem to have it available in the server files.

Cheers

George

You are not the creator! Overwatch and Epoch should be given credit and the people that made the addons for them to be able to use as you just moved mod files over and done.

You are not the creator! Overwatch and Epoch should be given credit and the people that made the addons for them to be able to use as you just moved mod files over and done.

Yes i can agree the people who made Epoch, Dayz, Arma and overwatch should take credit, and they do get the credit by people using their game/mod to play the mod. My point is that i spent a huge amount of my time to get a mod working and take no credit what so ever for the idea or name.

I wish it was as simple as just moving mod files to do it properly.

Yes i can agree the people who made Epoch, Dayz, Arma and overwatch should take credit, and they do get the credit by people using their game/mod to play the mod. My point is that i spent a huge amount of my time to get a mod working and take no credit what so ever for the idea or name.

That is all there is to it! I host a Dayz Overpoch Server and that is all you have to do!

I also spend a lot of time doing it, did you help me? nope! no one help me to do it, I not find any info to do it in any place... yet you claim credit?  I run it without errors, with random traders (that I did) with OW weapons and vehicles fully working, and stuff... yet you wanna I give credit to you? LOL.

Cheers

George

In all fairness this guy is the first to actually combine these mods and get everything working PROPERLY, without problems. Been on other servers but they can't seem to get things like the clothing working which is a shame as that's what requires the real effort! Not just smashing everything together and calling it Overpoch ;)

I also spend a lot of time doing it, did you help me? nope! no one help me to do it, I not find any info to do it in any place... yet you claim credit?  I run it without errors, with random traders (that I did) with OW weapons and vehicles fully working, and stuff... yet you wanna I give credit to you? LOL.

Haha, don't think he's asking for credit mate, he's just saying that he was the first to think of the idea and implement everything properly :)

If it took you that long then you did something wrong lol, it took me about 30 minutes to get it all working!

I've just gotten error after error after error and can't get the server to start or get past authentication, spent a few hours now.

Installed new EPOCH server.
Uploaded client files @DayZOverwatch to server root.

Added @DayZOverwatch to my batch.

Added bikey for @DayZOverwatch to keys on server

Just as a test I tried to launch at this point and couldn't get on.

Numerous errors which I tried to solve one by one (Merged the Dayz_Code files, removed the Antihack and plants as these were giving errors, fixed the Nissan files which where erroring, now I just get a dump of descriptive text in my server.rpt when I start and server doesn't come up,

I've gotten the Database, traders, and Dynamic spawns updated as well just for the hell of it but I'm running out of steam :(