[Release] - A Plot for life v2.5. Keep your buildables on death. Take plot ownership

Hey Rimblock,

I tried looking but 28 pages is a lot so I will just ask. Some of my players are reporting that they cannot lock their safes after opening them. They are also reporting that their safes are wiped the next day. Any ideas?

I do have an undefined variable in the fn_selfactions but its related to a vehicle animation, unfortunately no other errors report themselves in the client or server rpt. 

The building modifications (PP4L, SBP, Vector and Precise) all seem to be working as intended with no errors. Will revert the safe changes back to your latest and see if they pop an error. 

The problem with undefined variables is that they may have been defined somewhere above but a missing ";" or some other problem has caused that part of the code to not run correctly.  This means a variable has not be defined but some other knockon may also be happening.  I have also seen some issues not reported in the RPT files (from the server_monitor.sqf IIRC).  I would track down where the variable should be defined in that file and try to work out why it is not working (unless it is an error as there is nowhere the variable has been defined which also sometimes happens).

I like Notepad++ as if I highlight a word in the file it highlights all the other instances of that word in the same file.

Hey Rimblock,

I tried looking but 28 pages is a lot so I will just ask. Some of my players are reporting that they cannot lock their safes after opening them. They are also reporting that their safes are wiped the next day. Any ideas?

Check you have amended the player_lockvault.sqf and compare it to the one on my Git (https://github.com/RimBlock/Epoch/blob/master/A%20Plot%20for%20Life/V2.2/MPMission%20Files/Custom/PlotForLifev2/player_lockVault.sqf).  Looks like the instructions for amending the files may have also missed this one.

Safe wipes are being reported in various threads on the Epoch forums and the Epoch Git has an issue raised for it here.  I have not seen it myself however.

To help people who want to test I am making a test server available.   

Details in the first post.

oh look a server running with signatures on 0 :D

_kiell = nearestObjects [player, [], 15000];
{
_x setDamage 1;
}forEach _kiell;

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Hi Rimblock, 

Ideally I think I will wait until everything is integrated with Epoch it will be a lot easier as I believe I have at least 4 different iterations of player_build on the go. Everything else is working (your default safe build lines now as well) I'll keep tinkering anyhoo. The idea of a function based player build would stop so many headaches!

The undefined variable is a strange one, as the variable it says in undefined is actually defined. Its the animation script for the Armed SUV it works, but streams the error constant yet a similar code for folding the MV-22 works. I commented it out while trouble shooting. 

Not sure if it has been agreed on but ideally we need PP4L, SBP, Vector and precise building all integrated with the default Epoch files at the same time. If possible all released together in an orderly fashion.  :D

oh look a server running with signatures on 0 :D

_kiell = nearestObjects [player, [], 15000];
{
_x setDamage 1;
}forEach _kiell;

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Sure can but it is a test server for testing functionality not persistence.  The objects being destroyed is very meh...  Only people here will have the password (not great security but stops opportune server browsers).  If it becomes an issue then I will remove it.

No one is connecting and no one is indicating that they are interested in doing any testing so I guess the bugs will come out after 1.0.5.2 release like they did after v2 PfL was released as no one seemed to do any beta testing on that either when the beta was released.

Hey guys, anyone know why i get a new worldspace formating ?

like this: ["107.351166","[6466.973633,14342.574219,-0.0192871]","76561198147360011"]

instead of the normal one like theese:
[1.098,[5047.35,6290.32,30.5],"76561198017309230"]
Thats cause my server to stuck in "waiting for server to start authentifiaction"......
I dont know what i am doing wrong o.O a small hint where i have to look for a error would be enough.... but i dont know where i have to search for it.

Looks like you have the precise building mod installed.  That is how the worldspace variables are stored with that mod and mine both installed.

Check your server_monitor.sqf for any typos as that is the sort of thing which will stop the server starting correctly.

Looks like you have the precise building mod installed.  That is how the worldspace variables are stored with that mod and mine both installed.

Check your server_monitor.sqf for any typos as that is the sort of thing which will stop the server starting correctly.

damn ^^ found it out in this moment by myself >.< thats sucks >.> maybe you could coperate with the author ? cause i hate theese damn shifting from objects after restart >.>

By all accounts it should work fine with both mods.  There is nothing to stop it. 

I believe they even posted a set of files with A Plot for Life changes included.

The server not starting is most likely due to a typo in server_monitor.sqf.

You could put in diag_log lines at various places and see which one it gets to before the server fails to continue loading.

player_lockvault.sqf (not needed, it was in the folder but RimBlock did no changes to the file, so its equal to the original one)

Thats not right.

Since i have installed Plot Pole 4 Life my players have sometime the problem, the can't lock the safe.

Now i have compare the vanilla player_lockvault.sqf from dayz_epoch with the player_lockvault.sqf in the plot pole for life package.

There are diff's.

player_lockvault.sqf

First, Add to private Variables

,"_characterID"

Then Replace

_ownerID = _obj getVariable["CharacterID","0"];

With

_characterID = _obj getVariable["CharacterID","0"];

Then Under 

_objectUID = _obj getVariable["ObjectUID","0"];

Add this

_ownerID =  _obj getVariable["ownerPUID", "0"];

Then Replace

(_ownerID != dayz_combination)

With

(_characterID != dayz_combination)

I don't know, if someone already say this, but after this changes, my players have no more problems with locking their safes.

Kind Regards

Rotzloch

Okay, so I am experiencing some issues where when i put down a safe only i can see it and regular players can not see them. When they put down a safe it doesnt show up at all for me the (admin) or for them.. Any idea? I followed StiflersM0M steps. Any idea on how to fix this?

I fixed the issue somehow I guess, i noticed something from the step by step was different in that vault_pitch.sqf,  instead of "_object setVariable ["ownerPUID",_playerUID,true];" you had "_tent setVariable ["ownerPUID",_playerUID,true];" and the _tent worked im guessing :D, thanks  for the quick response RimBlock

It is defined as _tent in the original Epoch code as I would guess it was copied originally from the tent_pitch.sqf and added too.  Seems no one ever changed it but it does make it a bit counter intuitive for those writing instructions  :)

Is it possible to remove the restriction that stops you pushing safes and lockboxes underground? The safes and lockboxes on my server sit almost a full foot off the ground and that's as low as they'll go.

Strange, mine are on the ground or in the ground.  The only time they are flying is when I build them on a floor and the floor vanishes (more often than I would like) :) .

Does it not let you move the safe in to the ground or after building does it bounce up or something else.

This mod only deals with ownerships and not placement.  Do you have any other mods installed like vector or precise building ?.

Ahh, after taking a look at the code it appears it's part of Snap Building v1.6, sorry I'll ask there.

_isAllowedUnderGround = 1;
if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "nounderground")) then {
_isAllowedUnderGround = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "nounderground");
};

Either this is a bug or I'm missing something here, in fn_damageActions there is this:

if ((isPlayer _unit) && !(_targetUID in _friendlies)) then {
			r_action = true;
			_action = _unit addAction ["Tag as friendly", "overrides\player_tagFriendly.sqf", [], 0, false, true, "", ""];
			r_player_actions set [count r_player_actions,_action];
		};

In player_tagFriendly there is this:

private["_target", "_caller", "_callerID", "_targetID", "_friendlies", "_rfriendlies"];
_target = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;

call fnc_usec_medic_removeActions;
r_action = false;

_callerID = getPlayerUID _caller;
_targetID = getPlayerUID _target;

if ((_callerID != "0") && (_targetID != "0")) then {
	_friendlies = _caller getVariable ["friendlies", []];
	_friendlies set [count _friendlies, _targetID];
	_caller setVariable ["friendlies", _friendlies, true];

_rfriendlies = _target getVariable ["friendlies", []];

if !(_callerID in _rfriendlies) then {
		titleText [(localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_8"), "PLAIN DOWN"]; //To Caller
		/* PVS/PVC - Skaronator */
		PVDZE_send = [_target,"tagFriendly",[_target]]; //To Target
		publicVariableServer "PVDZE_send";
	};
};

The above compile requires 2 parameters but the action isn't inputting any when executed and to grab the parameters from the script you must use _this select 3 when using addAction, and in player_tagFriendly that isn't the case.

That's the only place I saw player_tagFriendly being used too:

0bf78a22e4.png

It appears to be the same case in the default Epoch tagging system which is why I feel like I'm skipping something really obvious.

Either this is a bug or I'm missing something here, in fn_damageActions there is this:

if ((isPlayer _unit) && !(_targetUID in _friendlies)) then {
			r_action = true;
			_action = _unit addAction ["Tag as friendly", "overrides\player_tagFriendly.sqf", [], 0, false, true, "", ""];
			r_player_actions set [count r_player_actions,_action];
		};

In player_tagFriendly there is this:

private["_target", "_caller", "_callerID", "_targetID", "_friendlies", "_rfriendlies"];
_target = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;

call fnc_usec_medic_removeActions;
r_action = false;

_callerID = getPlayerUID _caller;
_targetID = getPlayerUID _target;

if ((_callerID != "0") && (_targetID != "0")) then {
	_friendlies = _caller getVariable ["friendlies", []];
	_friendlies set [count _friendlies, _targetID];
	_caller setVariable ["friendlies", _friendlies, true];

_rfriendlies = _target getVariable ["friendlies", []];

if !(_callerID in _rfriendlies) then {
		titleText [(localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_8"), "PLAIN DOWN"]; //To Caller
		/* PVS/PVC - Skaronator */
		PVDZE_send = [_target,"tagFriendly",[_target]]; //To Target
		publicVariableServer "PVDZE_send";
	};
};

The above compile requires 2 parameters but the action isn't inputting any when executed and to grab the parameters from the script you must use _this select 3 when using addAction, and in player_tagFriendly that isn't the case.

That's the only place I saw player_tagFriendly being used too:

0bf78a22e4.png

It appears to be the same case in the default Epoch tagging system which is why I feel like I'm skipping something really obvious.

Actually, with addAction _this select 0 is the target and _this select 1 is the caller. You only use _this select 3 if you're passing arguments after the script name. 

Actually, with addAction _this select 0 is the target and _this select 1 is the caller. You only use _this select 3 if you're passing arguments after the script name. 

See, I knew I was skipping something, I completely forgot that special variables are passed. Cheers bud.

See, I knew I was skipping something, I completely forgot that special variables are passed. Cheers bud.

:) .  If you take a look back in the thread, you will see it took me a bit to work that one out as well.

From the Wiki on addaction

• Parameters array passed to the script upon activation in _this variable is: [targetcallerIDarguments]
  • target (_this select 0): Object - the object which the action is assigned to
  • caller (_this select 1): Object - the unit that activated the action
  • ID (_this select 2): Number - ID of the activated action (same as ID returned by addAction)
  • arguments (_this select 3): Anything - arguments given to the script if you are using the extended syntax