Make sure you've added it to the menu correctly.

This is a public crate:

["Items Crate",[],"",-5,[["expression",format[_EXECscript6,"global","items.sqf"]]],"1","1"],

This is a private crate:

["Items Crate",[],"",-5,[["expression",format[_EXECscript6,"local","items.sqf"]]],"1","1"],

Note the global and local. Make sure you've got that right. It caught me out the first time I was adding custom crates.

Make sure you've added it to the menu correctly.

This is a public crate:

["Items Crate",[],"",-5,[["expression",format[_EXECscript6,"global","items.sqf"]]],"1","1"],

This is a private crate:

["Items Crate",[],"",-5,[["expression",format[_EXECscript6,"local","items.sqf"]]],"1","1"],

Note the global and local. Make sure you've got that right. It caught me out the first time I was adding custom crates.

That was my exact problem, thanks a lot!

Hi!

I got a problem, i dont have battle eye on my server, i disabled it and the file bec is empty. So i skipped the battleeye part of instalation, but followed everyother step to the letter.

I have a problem, some functions make my game crash, like teleport to others, or teleporting others to me. If i try to teleport, i can click the map all i want and nothing happens. If i select admin mode view it crashes, if i try to accesses locked vehicle permanante it crashes on any camp or neutral, if i try to heal it crashes, if try to accesses graphical vehicle thin it crashes, the rpt log shows that infistar is kicking me, or banning me or just disconnecting me. The weather tool works, i can unlock, lock get code, make key of a vehicle and spawn temp vehicles, but the rest of the features are just crashing the game...

Hi!

I got a problem, i dont have battle eye on my server, i disabled it and the file bec is empty. So i skipped the battleeye part of instalation, but followed everyother step to the letter.

I have a problem, some functions make my game crash, like teleport to others, or teleporting others to me. If i try to teleport, i can click the map all i want and nothing happens. If i select admin mode view it crashes, if i try to accesses locked vehicle permanante it crashes on any camp or neutral, if i try to heal it crashes, if try to accesses graphical vehicle thin it crashes, the rpt log shows that infistar is kicking me, or banning me or just disconnecting me. The weather tool works, i can unlock, lock get code, make key of a vehicle and spawn temp vehicles, but the rest of the features are just crashing the game...

So it just crashes when using the tool? I have never encountered this before and I really don't know whats going on. To start off we can just take a look at your rpt logs

ST for points: 863, 853, 852
12:33:26 Error in expression <ivate.sqf"
if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
12:33:26 Error position: <AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
12:33:26 Error Undefined variable in expression: adminlist
12:33:26 File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\admintools\Activate.sqf, line 1
12:33:26 "infiSTAR.de - infiSTAR is already loaded!"
12:33:26 "HIVE: Starting"
12:33:26 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
12:33:27 "HIVE: found 304 objects"
12:33:27 "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming..."
12:33:27 "HIVE: got 0 Epoch Objects and 304 Vehicles"
12:33:30 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_turret - unknown animation source FLIR_turret
12:33:30 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_gun - unknown animation source FLIR_gun
12:33:31 "infiSTAR.de - Player-Log: Danilo(76561198080773435) - 7h 25min"
12:33:32 UH1Y_DZE: ObsTurret - unknown animation source ObsTurret
12:33:32 UH1Y_DZE: ObsGun - unknown animation source ObsGun
12:33:38 350z_pink: ABSwitch - unknown animation source ABSwitch
12:33:42 "HIVE: Vehicle Spawn limit reached!"
12:33:42 "HIVE: Spawning # of Debris: 500"
12:33:42 "HIVE: Spawning # of Ammo Boxes: 3"
12:33:42 "HIVE: Spawning # of Veins: 50"
12:33:42 "Total Number of spawn locations 5"
12:34:04 "infiSTAR.de PlayerConnected: _uid: 76561198080773435 _name: Danilo"
12:34:04 "infiSTAR.de PlayerConnected: _uid: _name: __SERVER__"
12:34:05 "EPOCH EVENTS INIT"
12:34:05 ["remExField",[b 1-1-A:1 (Danilo) REMOTE,,"JIPrequest"]]
12:34:15 "DEBUG: Too many at [3000.14,7912.73]"
12:34:21 "DEBUG VEIN: Too many objects at [5328.74,8276.7]"
12:34:35 ["remExField",[<NULL-object>,B 1-1-B:1 (Danilo) REMOTE,"switchmove","aidlpercmstpsnonwnondnon_player_idlesteady02]]
12:34:35 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2013,8,3,10,34]"
12:34:53 "infiSTAR.de Log: Danilo(76561198080773435) - Left SafeZone @039089"
12:35:07 [DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System.
12:35:07 [DZMS]: Relations not found! Using DZMS Relations.
12:35:11 [DZMS]: Currently Running Version: 1.1FIN
12:35:11 [DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!
12:35:11 [DZMS]: chernarus Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!
12:35:11 [DZMS]: DayZ Epoch Detected! Some Scripts Adjusted!
12:35:15 [DZMS]: Loading ExecVM Functions.
12:35:15 [DZMS]: Loading Compiled Functions.
12:35:15 [DZMS]: Loading All Other Functions.
12:35:19 [DZMS]: Mission Functions Script Loaded!
12:35:22 [DZMS]: Minor Mission Clock Starting!
12:35:22 [DZMS]: Major Mission Clock Starting!
12:35:22 [DZMS]: Mission Marker Loop for JIPs Starting!
12:35:24 "infiSTAR.de Log: Danilo (76561198080773435) | BadVar: delaymenu (BANNED)"
12:35:24 "get: STRING (76561198080773435), sent: STRING (76561198080773435)"
12:35:24 "DISCONNECT: Danilo (76561198080773435) Object: B 1-1-B:1 (Danilo) REMOTE, _characterID: 5 at loc [3950.38,6453.05,0.00183105]"
12:35:24 No player found for channel 393609280 - message ignored
12:35:24 Client: Remote object 3:3 not found
12:35:24 Client: Remote object 3:2 not found
12:35:35 "DEBUG: Too many at [2256.82,5376.84]"

This is after trying to spawn private crate weapons, a second of epoch loading screen than just a black screen, i can upload what the log says when i try something else

I need some information from the test branch.

I have around 100 commits sent in and only a little more to go before releasing 1.9 so start rolling out the bug report or thoughts on placement of items. I will be adding more items still, but it is important to start getting all of the information on broken items as soon as possible. I would say the tool may be only about 2 weeks or so out from release so long as I get some decent information. Check the changelog if you are curious as to what has been changed.

https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/tree/TestBranch

Translator Needed

I have a task for any multilingual people out there. The tool has gotten incredibly popular among those who don't wish to purchase Infistar and thus it has come to the point where it needs to be available in other languages. Github has been showing me traffic from multiple countries, most recently Japan and France. The Japanese traffic comes from an install guide for the tool, but I don't know how well it is done as google translate really screwed up the translation for it:  "until you build a playground erected mackerel". I need some people with experience in any language to translate the entire readme (please use the test branch readme so version 1.9 won't need to be translated in just a few weeks) so that people have a guide in their native language. I feel this can relieve some trouble for all those who don't speak english. Sadly no translation program is adequate enough to properly translate into a large number of languages so anyone capable of translating for any language please do so, you would be doing a service to those of other countries. Google translate can get a decent translation for the in game menu system for a good amount of languages, but if you could change that too it would be great.

Hi NoxSicarius,

I'm translating your new 1.9 readme.md into french. I will give you back the translated one as soon as possible.

In the meantime i come here because i have a little error in my arma2oaserver.rpt, but nothing serious, sometimes admins dont have the tool ingame but after a relog it works.

My rpt error is the following:

8:32:20 Error in expression <ivate.sqf"if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
 8:32:20   Error position: <AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
 8:32:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: adminlist
 8:32:20 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.sauerland\admintools\Activate.sqf, line 1

Do you have a clue about what is happening? If not it's ok anyway the update is soon and it will probably fix itself after :)

Thanks for all your good work,

Regards

God mode does not work... 

anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Any information on the problem other than it doesn't work? We need errors, possible edits, what branch you use and so on.

Hi NoxSicarius,

I'm translating your new 1.9 readme.md into french. I will give you back the translated one as soon as possible.

In the meantime i come here because i have a little error in my arma2oaserver.rpt, but nothing serious, sometimes admins dont have the tool ingame but after a relog it works.

My rpt error is the following:

8:32:20 Error in expression <ivate.sqf"if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
 8:32:20   Error position: <AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in Mo>
 8:32:20   Error Undefined variable in expression: adminlist
 8:32:20 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.sauerland\admintools\Activate.sqf, line 1

Do you have a clue about what is happening? If not it's ok anyway the update is soon and it will probably fix itself after :)

Thanks for all your good work,

Regards

First thank you very much for the translation, I am sure many people will greatly appreciate your donated time.

Ironically not having the tools has nothing to do with that error. This has ALL been fixed int he test branch so when 1.9 releases you won't have any issues.

This error is caused because activate.sqf is called by the server AND the player, but adminlist.sqf is only called by the player. The server issues this because only the server doesn't have the adminlist set. This doesn't matter because the server has no use for it anyway. This is fixed by move adminlist.sqf outside the !isdedicated code block. 

Not having the tool is caused by the parallelism of the init.sqf Sometimes the activate gets past the adminlist check before adminlist has yet to load. This was fixed by adding a handler to wait for the file load.

You can fix this problem right now if you want by going to the test branch, redoing the init part of the readme, and then replace your adminlist.sqf and activate.sqf with the test branch ones. Or you could always just use the test branch, which is stable enough for a server.

nice tool , thx noxsicarius , i follow your tutorials on youtube all mods from github , and all good i think if any one wanna try to see if working , 79.108.67.56:2302 is a local server just for testing . Thx again nox and keep the good work 

I need some information from the test branch.

I have around 100 commits sent in and only a little more to go before releasing 1.9 so start rolling out the bug report or thoughts on placement of items. I will be adding more items still, but it is important to start getting all of the information on broken items as soon as possible. I would say the tool may be only about 2 weeks or so out from release so long as I get some decent information. Check the changelog if you are curious as to what has been changed.

https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/tree/TestBranch

Sorry but where is the ChangeLog? (I searched for 'changelog' keyword on github readme and 1st post here - can't find)

nice tool , thx noxsicarius , i follow your tutorials on youtube all mods from github , and all good i think if any one wanna try to see if working , 79.108.67.56:2302 is a local server just for testing . Thx again nox and keep the good work 

Best thing is I made enough to get a good mic. I have been using a $2 mic so the tutorials will sound so much better now.

Sorry but where is the ChangeLog? (I searched for 'changelog' keyword on github readme and 1st post here - can't find)

Changelog is its own file so it doesn't clutter everything up

Test branch log: 1.9

https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/blob/TestBranch/admintools/ChangeLog%20-%20Admin%20Tools%20v1.9.txt

Main release: 1.8.2

https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/blob/master/admintools/ChangeLog%20-%20Admin%20Tools%20v1.8.2.txt

I can teleport fine but if i try the teleport to me they pop in for only a sec then go back to their original place.

I have to get a vehicle tell them to get in and then teleport while inside to move them.

I found I was having this issue when i first switched from epoch to overpoch.

I added dayz_antihack = 0; to my init.sqf and I was able to use the tp2me function again

------------------------------------

I've been playing around a bit with pveh and calling my admin events using these tools. I've got a method that works. but it's untidy and upsets me. 

I've been trying to rewrite it. 

I also made a post in the scripting help section,

can anyone here help me with the bit i've highlighted in red? I feel like i'm close to achieving my goal, but i'm still beating my head against a wall, 

I found I was having this issue when i first switched from epoch to overpoch.

I added dayz_antihack = 0; to my init.sqf and I was able to use the tp2me function again

So it's the anti-hack causing this?  I'll double check that I put the BattleEye filters in then.  I'm also running OverPoch and have not gotten this to work since.

Hey Nox,

Almost done, the last thing to do is giving a new link to every chapter in the table of content, but it is a detail, i'm sure you can handle this so easily :P

Take a look and tell me what you think: http://github.com/Scoo/Test/blob/master/LISEZMOI.md

Also, doing this, i noticed you dont explain everything the same way, maybe you'll want to edit the file one day, dont forget i'm here in case you need another translation :)

Hey Nox,

Almost done, the last thing to do is giving a new link to every chapter in the table of content, but it is a detail, i'm sure you can handle this so easily :P

Take a look and tell me what you think: http://github.com/Scoo/Test/blob/master/LISEZMOI.md

Also, doing this, i noticed you dont explain everything the same way, maybe you'll want to edit the file one day, dont forget i'm here in case you need another translation :)

That is some seriously quality work and should help a lot of people. I would like you to add yourself as the French translator at the bottom just above the tribute to Gregarious. Use something like:

Thanks to the wonderful translators who have given their time to bring this tool to the people of the world:

French - Scoo

The odd differences is due to my edits to the file compared to the old project lead. Nearly every file will be rewritten for modularity, efficiency, and clarity for version 2.0 including the readme.

The future of this tool

I have been asked by some people if version 2.0 is the end of my support for this tool. As far as I know I will continue to support it past this with new features and updates.

The releases have slowed because 1.9 is a huge release compared to some of the previous ones and I have also had some important things in my life that needed serious attention as well as school has started back up. This does mean the releases will be significantly slower than before, but it does not mean the project is dying. 2.0 is planned to be a re-imagining of the tool to make it significantly better where possible and beyond this you can expect some impressive updates still. I know people anticipate each release (I am quite happy it is so popular) and I don't give any set dates, but as I work, attend college, and donate my time to many things it is not always easy to keep a steady track with this.

I am still in need of test data for the 1.9 release so if anyone has used the most recent version of this please keep track of any and all bugs (use a notepad doc or something) so that you can relay the issues to me. I can't spend hours testing everything and some items can't be tested without other players present. Also we will soon have a French version of the tool thanks to Scoo and I still need translations for any other language out there. My Youtube install (which will be updated with 1.9) has seen traffic from over 70 different countries if you don't count the accidental clicks to the video so ANY language you can translate for is worth the time. The most needed translations after French is done is German and Spanish as most foreign traffic comes from areas that speak these languages.

Hey Nox,

Today i will correct some parts of the translation thanks to my moderators and we will also install the 1.9 version using the french readme in case i missed something.

Feel free to go on this page and add me skype, steam or send me an e-mail, then by the end of the day i will try to send you either the LISEZMOI.md and the whole mod translated into french (maybe you'll want to include it someday ;) )

Hey Nox,

I have been using testing the test branch for a few days now.  The only issue I have found so far is the Zombie spawner zombies seem glued to the ground.  Doesn't matter how many are spawned.  They attack if you get close but never move from their spawned position.

Thanks for all you hard work your tools are great

SSTHIEF

ive tested this morning the test branch too

so far same as ssthief above. Its all working good, im not sure if you know but anything you delete inside game with the admin tools it gives an error on the server log like this, this is something that came with the other versions, still works thou.

5:25:31 "DELETE: <null> Deleted by UID: "
 5:25:31 Error in expression < format["DELETE: %1 Deleted by UID: %2",_activatingPlayer,_uid];
};
};>
 5:25:31   Error position: <_activatingPlayer,_uid];
};
};>
 5:25:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _activatingplayer
 5:25:31 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_deleteObj.sqf, line 20

Hey Nox,

I have been using testing the test branch for a few days now.  The only issue I have found so far is the Zombie spawner zombies seem glued to the ground.  Doesn't matter how many are spawned.  They attack if you get close but never move from their spawned position.

Thanks for all you hard work your tools are great

SSTHIEF

ive tested this morning the test branch too

so far same as ssthief above. Its all working good, im not sure if you know but anything you delete inside game with the admin tools it gives an error on the server log like this, this is something that came with the other versions, still works thou.

5:25:31 "DELETE: <null> Deleted by UID: 188618777822241"
 5:25:31 Error in expression < format["DELETE: %1 Deleted by UID: %2",_activatingPlayer,_uid];
};
};>
 5:25:31   Error position: <_activatingPlayer,_uid];
};
};>
 5:25:31   Error Undefined variable in expression: _activatingplayer
 5:25:31 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_deleteObj.sqf, line 20

Thank you for the information. I forgot about that variable and it is an easy fix.