Can't get admintools to work :/ It worked some days ago, but i got another map on my server, and then i when i changed back i had to reinstall to play chernarus again. I use Gaming Deluxe as host, they have automated installations.

// Epoch Admin Tools

//Replace 111111111 with your ID. 
AdminList = [
"STEAM_0:1:43209911", // <Your In-Game Name here>
"999999999" // <Admin In-Game Name>
];
ModList = [
"108461126", // <Moderator In-Game Name>
"999999999" // <Moderator In-Game Name>
];

/*
Base deletion variable. Default true.
Determines default true or false for deleting all vehicles
inside the base delete dome. Can be changed in game.
*/
BD_vehicles = true;

// DO NOT MODIFY ANYTHING BEYOND THIS POINT
tempList = []; 

/*
Determines default on or off for admin tools menu
Set this to false if you want the menu to be off by default.
F11 turns the tool off, F10 turns it on.
Leave this as True for now, it is under construction.
*/
if (isNil "toolsAreActive") then {toolsAreActive = true;};

This is my Adminlist.sqf, the "STEAM" thingy is my steam Id, and the other id is my UID i think, i added the "STEAM" ID because the first post in this says that i have to add that instead of my UID, because UID no longer work because of a update or something.

Can't get admintools to work :/ It worked some days ago, but i got another map on my server, and then i when i changed back i had to reinstall to play chernarus again. I use Gaming Deluxe as host, they have automated installations.

This is my Adminlist.sqf, the "STEAM" thingy is my steam Id, and the other id is my UID i think, i added the "STEAM" ID because the first post in this says that i have to add that instead of my UID, because UID no longer work because of a update or something.

If you are using the latest steam update you need your steam id. That is not your steam id, this is: removed, should be resolved and no need to have id posted now.

If your host has automated install for this mod can you please inform me if they required you to pay for it? It is strictly forbidden to sell my mod. I have the hope that it will help make the community better and the game more fun for players and I don't believe it should be sold. If they required payment for the install (so long as it is a small amount like <$5) I can understand as it is a service for them to install it for you, but I won't allow the tool to be sold by anyone.

Okay after installing the latest version (+ dll file) from the test branch it did not automatically start logging for me.

Do you have any rpt errors? I just upgraded my test build to the newest arma update, added the test tools, and then tried it again. It worked fine for me. I think there is a chance the antivirus or windows is blocking you.

Go back to the server folder and find the dll. Right click it and go to properties. At the bottom it may have a button that says unblock. If it does not then that means it is already unblocked. (some people have this problem with the epoch server files so it is possible you may have it with my dll)

Also if you don't see the dll then your antivirus is most likely deleting it. I doubt this is happening, but it is a user made dll. I tested it with avast and Norton360, but those are the only two antivirus I have. If your antivirus is deleting it you can go into the antivirus settings and make an exception for the file.

Be sure the antivirus isn't just blocking it too. Some antivirus simply block it without deleting it just in case the user wants to keep it. If two people are having the same issue something is obviously going wrong somewhere. So far the only thing I can think of is windows and antivirus. 

edit: actually there is one thing that might be going wrong. Github may have messed it up due to binary file comparison. I will check that now.

edit2: I just tested the github download with a new server and it worked fine. We can run a teamviewer session to see what is going on if you want. It would be beneficial to the tool for me to figure out what is going on.

Okay i did have to unblock the DLL. Windows marked it as unsafe since it was made on another computer then my own. Will report back when the server restarts and i have a chance to do the updates.

--

Bugs i have noticed

• Switching off ESP Cars leaves Jetski's still visible on the map;
  • Admin Car God Mode is always on, even when not switched on;
  • Healing players (or yourself) does not work;
  • Default antihack.sqf prevents F2 teleport from working (the exemVM 'fix' method is nasty cause that just makes the antihack file not load at all).

--

Client RPT errors that this tool still causes are:

Not sure, looks like FunctionKeys.sqf

Error in expression <if ((_this select 1) == 59) then {execVM>
  • Error position: <if ((_this select 1) == 59) then {execVM>
  • Error Type Script, expected Bool

GodModeVehicle.sqf

Error in expression <ls\AdminMode\GodModeVehicle.sqf"

private ["vehicleGod","playerVehicle"];
>
  • Error position: <private ["vehicleGod","playerVehicle"]; >
  • Error Local variable in global space
  • File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\tools\AdminMode\GodModeVehicle.sqf, line 8

ESPplayer.sqf

Error in expression <_crew3 = ", "+(name (crew (vehicle _x) select 2));
_crew4 = ", "+(name (crew (>
  • Error position: <select 2)); _crew4 = ", "+(name (crew (>
  • Error Zero divisor
  • File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\tools\AdminMode\ESPplayer.sqf, line 47
Error in expression <(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeof veh) >> "displayName");

pos = position >
  • Error position: <veh) >> "displayName"); pos = position >
  • Error Undefined variable in expression: veh
  • File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\tools\AdminMode\ESPenhanced.sqf, line 195
Error in expression <Marker" + (str i);
ParamsVeh=[MarkerVeh,pos];
MarkerVeh = createMarkerLocal Para>
  • Error position: <pos]; MarkerVeh = createMarkerLocal Para>
  • Error Undefined variable in expression: pos
  • File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\tools\AdminMode\ESPenhanced.sqf, line 200
Error in expression <rkerVeh setMarkerTextLocal format ["%1",_name];
};
};

If(AddPlotPoleToMap) then>
  • Error position: <_name]; }; }; If(AddPlotPoleToMap) then>
  • Error Undefined variable in expression: _name
  • File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\tools\AdminMode\ESPenhanced.sqf, line 206
Error in expression < && changed) then
{
for "i0" from 0 to j0 do
{
pole = poleList select i0;
delet>
  • Error position: <j0 do { pole = poleList select i0; delet>
  • Error Undefined variable in expression: j0
  • File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\tools\AdminMode\ESPenhanced.sqf, line 310

Spectate.sqf

Error in expression <ing %3",name player,getPlayerUID player,_name];
publicVariable "usageLogger";
};>
  • Error position: <_name]; publicVariable "usageLogger"; };>
  • Error Undefined variable in expression: _name
  • File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\tools\spectate.sqf, line 61

Okay just finished editing my last post. Hope that helps. Will continue monitoring both the client and server rpt files to iron out all the errors :)

So did the tool start logging?

Also it is weird that some of those errors are impossible. Most of the undefined variable errors have the variable being defined just a second before being called like that.

I fixed most of the errors that were fixable. I need to find why it is saying those variables are not defined when they obviously are.

The only error I have in my rpt is the global variable one in vehicle god mode, which was a really stupid mistake on my part. I only had 2 fixes to add from what you gave me: vehicle god mode and specate. I used the esp stuff and it all seemed fine to me. I will say that if you activate and deactivate any item in the admin mode too quickly (it needs like 1 or 2 seconds) it will throw errors at you. I gave it a small wait timer because loading and disabling 10 scripts all at once can cause some very unnecessary game lag.

Still no go with the logging for me.

Have tried all the suggested fixes but none of them were an issue.

Currently broken also is admin heal and the skin change menu. Vehicle esp is fine. Vehicle god mode and god mode seem to work inconsistently.

Same for me. No reporting of any kind by the dll file. Decided to test a little more.

• Admin
    • Point to repair vehicle: Works
    • Point to delete vehicle: Works (Maybe rename to point to delete object)
    • Spectate player: Works
    • Zombie shield: Works with error

Client.rpt / Happens when you do not select a distance but go back instead.

Error in expression <#USER:zombieDistanceScreen";
      WaitUntil{(ZobieDistanceStat || (commandingMenu == >

• Error position: <ZobieDistanceStat || (commandingMenu == >
      • Error Undefined variable in expression: zobiedistancestat
      • File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\tools\zombieshield.sqf, line 19
    • Heal player: Does not work
    • Teleport: All work, but TP To Me not compatible with default antihack.sqf
  • Vehicle menu
    • Graphical vehicle menu: Works
    • Temporary vehicle menu: Works
    • Vehicle tools: Works - Maybe add Point to unlock / lock / create new key - Might want to remove the temp repairs (who uses them)
  • Crate menu
    • Private weapon crate: Works with notice [Ref to nonnetwork object 4d634100# 1073588: usordnance.p3d]
    • Private items crate: Works with error

Error in expression <";

_classname = "USOrdnanceBox";

if(logToolUse) then {
      usageLogger = format[>
        Error position: <logToolUse) then {
      usageLogger = format[>
        Error Undefined variable in expression: logtooluse
      File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\crates\items.sqf, line 11

• Private all weapons and items: Works with error

Error in expression <";

WaitUntil{commandingMenu == ""};

if(_SelectDelay != 0) then {
      titleText [for>
        Error position: <_SelectDelay != 0) then {
      titleText [for>
        Error Undefined variable in expression: _selectdelay
      File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\crates\allweapons.sqf, line 101

• Private building crate: Works with onscreen bin error [itemFuelPump not found]
    • Private backpack tent: Works with notice [Ref to nonnetwork object 49305d00# 1086122: astan_ep1.p3d]
  • Epoch Menu
    • Base destruction menu: No bases to test upon, did work in the past. (One thing, would be nice if you stay inside the menu if you are clicking anything other then the destroy options)
    • Point to delete item: Works (Maybe rename to Point to delete object)
    • Point to display code: Works (For vehicles it shows a 4 digit code, maybe show both that and the and the key?)
    • Point to make key: Works
    • Point to lock vehicle: Works (Maybe combine into one menu item Point to lock/unlock vehicle with a check if its locked or unlocked)
      (NOTE: Most of these throw some kind of undefined error when aiming at an invalid target)
  • Weapons/items kit
    • Primary weapons: Works, but should do a check on current primary weapon and either drop or delete that one
    • Secondary weapons: Works, see above
    • All tools / Medical gear: Works, maybe add the heatpack / antibiotics / epi-pen
    • Alice pack: Works but overrides / deletes current one (also why individual alice pack option?)
    • Large gunback: Works see above
    • Delete all gear: Did not test this one, too much shit on me :P
  • Skin changer
    • Does not work: Error

Error in expression <gazineCargo _unitBag;

if(logMinorTool & !logMajorTool) then {
      usageLogger = na>
        Error position: <& !logMajorTool) then {
      usageLogger = na>
        Error Missing )
      File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\admintools\tools\skinChanger.sqf, line 9

• Weather change menu
    • Works but only for a few minutes and sadly only local, but i read somewhere in this thread it's really hard to make that global.
Edited by f3cuk

Put off using the logger in the test branch. I can confirm the dll does not work on any other computer but the one I developed it on. This is really starting to get annoying as there is no documentation online for my problem. Tried msvcredist that would be needed for it and removing library dependencies. It should only require the same thing epoch requires to run on the server. This may take longer than expected. I tried about 27 different methods yesterday. 

Sucks to hear you having such a hard time with it. Maybe contact the Epoch devs about it. Would be handy if we had like a /log/ which individual mods could log use to log individual stuff.

Something like

mod_diag_log['Notice: Admin %1 deleted %2 from database', _playername, _vehicle, 'admintools'];
mod_diag_log['Notice: Player %1 is now friends with %2 enabling friend building', _playername, _friendname, 'plotpole4life'];

Sucks to hear you having such a hard time with it. Maybe contact the Epoch devs about it. Would be handy if we had like a /log/ which individual mods could log use to log individual stuff.

Something like

mod_diag_log['Notice: Admin %1 deleted %2 from database', _playername, _vehicle, 'admintools'];
mod_diag_log['Notice: Player %1 is now friends with %2 enabling friend building', _playername, _friendname, 'plotpole4life'];

Well I do know that if you install visualstudio 2013 on a computer, the dll will work. Other than that I can't figure out what to do. I am making a scripting topic for it on the forum in a minute.

I forget the method but there is a way to compile as a standalone build for the dll

If you find it please tell me. I have been screwing with this for two days constantly and hit well over 50 rebuilds and attempts now. I have manipulated nearly every option in vs and just doesn't work worth a flip. It has really annoyed me.

Looked at that before. Tried installing .net again on the target computer with no change. From my knowledge this dll uses the same dependency on msvcredist2013 as the epoch dlls do. I have even tried to manually manipulate these dependencies. I am trying my final idea which is to install vs2010 instead and try the same things, but using the 2010 toolset instead of 2013.

If you need any help testing the dll let me know, I've been away for a couple of days but I've got plenty of free time now.

I'm running a heavily modified version of the Admin tools on our live server to allow us to have player admins. I've just replaced the built in base destruction menu with Maca's Base Manager (). It is brilliant. Maybe you could talk to him about integrating it into a future release of the tools. Now I've used it, I can't go back.

If you need any help testing the dll let me know, I've been away for a couple of days but I've got plenty of free time now.

I'm running a heavily modified version of the Admin tools on our live server to allow us to have player admins. I've just replaced the built in base destruction menu with Maca's Base Manager (). It is brilliant. Maybe you could talk to him about integrating it into a future release of the tools. Now I've used it, I can't go back.

I have already asked maca for permission to do this. The weird thing is I was just talking to my friend about writing this a few days before he posted that up. I planned to do it similar to how world edit works in Minecraft, using a dll file to write bases into their own file so that it could easily be saved and reused any time with whatever name you type into the chat. This was on hold until I got the dll to work though. I still can't figure the stupid thing out. It works amazingly on my computer. I logged a good 300+ lines in testing. The stupid dll just doesn't want to work unless VS is installed. There is some kind of dependency on a file that comes in VS, but I can't figure out just what it is.

If you are using the latest steam update you need your steam id. That is not your steam id, this is: 76561198046685551

If your host has automated install for this mod can you please inform me if they required you to pay for it? It is strictly forbidden to sell my mod. I have the hope that it will help make the community better and the game more fun for players and I don't believe it should be sold. If they required payment for the install (so long as it is a small amount like <$5) I can understand as it is a service for them to install it for you, but I won't allow the tool to be sold by anyone.

Hi NoxSicarius - as customer of gamingdeluxe i can confirm that they are not selling your admin tools. They're including them in as part of a package of mods which can be installed as a mod pack or separately at no extra cost.

I'm having a few problems with these admin tools since updating to the Epoch 1.0.5.1 & arma2 125548 patch:

• Private building crate: Works with onscreen bin error [itemFuelPump not found] (same as f3CUK)
  • Turning on Invisibility kicks the admin on restriction #0 *apologies i'll find the correct error in a while and post it here*
  • Spawning permanent vehicles via the graphical menu allows one spawn to complete successfully with key added to toolbelt. All subsequent attempts to spawn vehicles end with a white text message appearing on the screen "Starting spawn, stand still to complete spawn" with a key placed into the toolbelt but no vehicle.  Logging out and then back in seems to reset something and I can spawn one more vehicle again.
  • Thanks for taking the time to make this great tool btw  :)

Hi NoxSicarius - as customer of gamingdeluxe i can confirm that they are not selling your admin tools. They're including them in as part of a package of mods which can be installed as a mod pack or separately at no extra cost.

I'm having a few problems with these admin tools since updating to the Epoch 1.0.5.1 & arma2 125548 patch:

• Private building crate: Works with onscreen bin error [itemFuelPump not found] (same as f3CUK)
  • Turning on Invisibility kicks the admin on restriction #0 *apologies i'll find the correct error in a while and post it here*
  • Spawning permanent vehicles via the graphical menu allows one spawn to complete successfully with key added to toolbelt. All subsequent attempts to spawn vehicles end with a white text message appearing on the screen "Starting spawn, stand still to complete spawn" with a key placed into the toolbelt but no vehicle.  Logging out and then back in seems to reset something and I can spawn one more vehicle again.
  • Thanks for taking the time to make this great tool btw  :)

Fuel pump is due to the class name being changed.

Invisibility is actually rewritten and will be committed soon, though I have never seen a kick for it.

The vehicle spawning issues is caused by how you set up the initsqf stuff. Look at the readme and do it just like that. There was a short time where the readme did it a way that caused spawning issues.

Thanks for the help and thanks a lot for letting me know they don't charge for the tool. 

Fuel pump is due to the class name being changed.

Invisibility is actually rewritten and will be committed soon, though I have never seen a kick for it.

The vehicle spawning issues is caused by how you set up the initsqf stuff. Look at the readme and do it just like that. There was a short time where the readme did it a way that caused spawning issues.

Thanks for the help and thanks a lot for letting me know they don't charge for the tool. 

I realised that the version of the admin tools supplied in the script pack i mentioned earlier probably hasn't been updated to the latest available from github. I've updated to 1.8.2 and the vehicle spawning issue is now resolved.

The invisibility issue was also resolved with an update of the battleye filters also taken from the github page. I guess i'd done something wrong at the original install.

Thanks for the response and again for taking the time to make the tools  :)

I realised that the version of the admin tools supplied in the script pack i mentioned earlier probably hasn't been updated to the latest available from github. I've updated to 1.8.2 and the vehicle spawning issue is now resolved.

The invisibility issue was also resolved with an update of the battleye filters also taken from the github page. I guess i'd done something wrong at the original install.

Thanks for the response and again for taking the time to make the tools  :)

Let them know they can contact me if they want to keep their stuff up to date. If they offer my tool I would be happier if they could keep it properly up to date so people don't have bugged problems. I have been in too many servers without admins and it really sucks so I want this to be as good as possible. I was in one last night where someone glitched me so I broke my leg, dragged me out of trader, then shot me and admins won't do anything about it. A server is only as good as the admins who run it, and their abilities obviously. Can't admin without being able to fix a problem.

Give the new logger a try. I don't know if it will work, but it might. Only the dll was changed so just swap that out. I have also fixed all of the crates. They now delete properly and in the proper order they were spawned. It now allow you to spawn as many crates of the same time and still have them be deleted properly.

Again, if it is working you should get the following:
A new folder titled EpochAdminToolLogs

A file inside that folder: UsageLog.txt

Lines inside that file displaying tool usage such as god mode enabled

This is more or less the end result for the log:

10556400_797074363689142_277856047458245

Hi Nox, wil try that after restart :)

---

The ESPplayer.sqf is still giving me the zero division errors and reviewing the code i think it can be enhanced a little further using a loop for the players in vehicle. This will also remove the max 10 players restriction.

Obviously the code is broken, but i'm sure you'll get the idea.

playerESP = _this select 0;

setGroupIconsVisible [true, true];
_color = "";
_color_green = [0,1,0,1];
_color_blue = [0,0,1,1];
_color_white = [1, 1, 1, 1];
_color_orange = [1,0.3,0,1];
_color_red = [1,0,0,1];

if (!("ItemGPS" in items player)) then {player addweapon "ItemGPS";};

if(playerESP) then {
    // Tool use logger
    if(logMajorTool) then {
        usageLogger = format["%1 %2 -- has ENABLED player ESP",name player,getPlayerUID player];
    };
};

while {playerESP} do
{
    {
        if (vehicle _x == _x) then
        {
            clearGroupIcons group _x;
            group _x addGroupIcon ["x_art"];

if ((side _x == side player) && (side player != resistance)) then
            {
                _color = _color_red;
            }
            else
            {
                _color = _color_orange;
            };
            group _x setGroupIconParams [_color, format ["[%1]-[%2m]",name _x,round(_x distance player)], 0.5, true];

}
        else
        {
            clearGroupIcons group _x;
            group _x addGroupIcon ["x_art"];

_vehname = (gettext (configFile >> 'CfgVehicles' >> (typeof vehicle _x) >> 'displayName'));

_crewtotal = (crew (vehicle _x));
            _crew =    (name (crew (vehicle _x) select 0));

if (count _crewtotal > 1) then {

{ // dont know how to skip first instance
                        _crew = _crew + ", " + (name _x);
                  } forEach _crewtotal;

};

if ((side _x == side player) && (side player != resistance)) then
            {
                _color = _color_blue;
            }
            else
            {
                _color = _color_red;
            };

group _x setGroupIconParams [_color, format ["[%2]-[%3%4%5%6%7%8%9%10%11]-[%1m]",round(_x distance player),_vehname,_crew], 0.5, true];

};
    } forEach playableUnits;
    sleep 1;
};
{clearGroupIcons group _x;} forEach playableUnits;

if(!playerESP) then {
    // Tool use logger
    if(logMajorTool) then {
        usageLogger = format["%1 %2 -- has DISABLED player ESP",name player,getPlayerUID player];
    };
};

The new DLL did not make a difference. Still no reporting, tried to create both the folder and the file manually but made no difference. The file i posted above is actually working except that it show the driver twice :P