NoxSicarius do you know if there is a way to reduce the lag you get after teleporting to a new location and trying to get into a vehicle? If you tp close to a vehicle it somehow does not trigger that you are in that area making it unable to enter a vehicle for a time anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds.

--

I removed all the sleep timers and replaced the with waitUntil functions. Seems to work for me and is much quicker then the sleep timers.

In init.sqf

execVM "admintools\AdminList.sqf";
    waitUntil{!isNil "AdminList"};

in Activate.sqf

waitUntil{!isNil "AdminList"}; // double check, should not have to do this
if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in ModList) then {

in FunctionKeys.sqf

waitUntil{!(IsNull (findDisplay 46))};
F1_KEY = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown","if ((_this select 1) == 59) then {[] execVM ""admintools\tools\Teleport\Teleport.sqf"";};"];

NoxSicarius do you know if there is a way to reduce the lag you get after teleporting to a new location and trying to get into a vehicle? If you tp close to a vehicle it somehow does not trigger that you are in that area making it unable to enter a vehicle for a time anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds.

--

I removed all the sleep timers and replaced the with waitUntil functions. Seems to work for me and is much quicker then the sleep timers.

In init.sqf

in Activate.sqf

if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in ModList) then {

in FunctionKeys.sqf

F1_KEY = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown","if ((_this select 1) == 59) then {[] execVM ""admintools\tools\Teleport\Teleport.sqf"";};"];

What I found out with this issue isn't the admin tool but the loading of the map and objects around where you spawn. If you spawn next to a vehicle best way to get it to activate is to run a bit off away from it and then return to it. That way the vehicle or object notices you are next to it and triggers its actions.

Also sweet thanks for the update and can not wait to test out the new spawns.

--

In init.sqf

in Activate.sqf

in FunctionKeys.sqf

The teleport lag is epoch. The game disables things within an area until the player is approaching it. The same goes with spawning items before. If you are in a car and traveling a certain speed items won't even spawn for a good few minutes after parking in the area. 

You should test all of the functions when using those waits. I had that in before and it broke teleport to me, vehicle spawning, and some other functions. I was using a handle for the wait as someone had suggested so that may be the issue I had. Please thoroughly test EVERYTHING in the tool. If it all works (and can someone else verify too) then feel free to add it to the test branch).

I need some help guys. Has anyone messed around with callExtension? I wrote a dll file so that I can log tool usage to a txt file.

It works flawlessly, however I am not able to call the extension from within a sub-scope making it a real nuisance.

If you have messed with the callExtension before were you ever able to get it to work within a scope? 

The teleport lag is epoch. The game disables things within an area until the player is approaching it. The same goes with spawning items before. If you are in a car and traveling a certain speed items won't even spawn for a good few minutes after parking in the area. 

You should test all of the functions when using those waits. I had that in before and it broke teleport to me, vehicle spawning, and some other functions. I was using a handle for the wait as someone had suggested so that may be the issue I had. Please thoroughly test EVERYTHING in the tool. If it all works (and can someone else verify too) then feel free to add it to the test branch).

So far so good. But others should test it before i'm submitting it as a merge request.

--

Can't help you with the other thing.

So far so good. But others should test it before i'm submitting it as a merge request.

--

Can't help you with the other thing.

You should know that I am attempting to use a different type of wait handle as it is for the adminlist before you submit (it may give you a merge conflict): 

https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/commit/411513a0d964877374bfc15f6e4f5013d76c3d46

https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/commit/37144f2d18484815195fc7b4cd33184c7c571835

It seems I committed them just a short while before you posted that comment in.

That wait for display would really help if it works fine though. I did the wait differently in this one because I wanted to be sure it reached the end of the file, not just started it. I did some testing around and found that the game loads these scripts in the wrong order at times. It utilizes threads (from what I understand) and that means any thread can complete before any other thread called by the init. This is what is causing the current error with it all and thus a completed confirmation is needed in some way. I have been weary on using the wait command because of what happened last time and have only been adding them back slowly after testing. It is quite hard to test by myself though, as I can not use functions pertaining to other players.

Any idea why admin tools would break snap pro for the admin in question? I tried disabling admin build from the menu but didn't really do much. 

I use the new one by raymix and it works great. I have it on my server that uses grave's epoch mod pack. Replaced the normal snap he had in there. I just built a huge tower with an elevator, parking deck, and sky deck with 4 helipads using the snap pro. Not a single issue. I am curious as to why you think the admin tools are breaking it. I have even gone as far as modifying the snap so it works more how I want it. 

You should know that I am attempting to use a different type of wait handle as it is for the adminlist before you submit (it may give you a merge conflict): 

https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/commit/411513a0d964877374bfc15f6e4f5013d76c3d46

https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/commit/37144f2d18484815195fc7b4cd33184c7c571835

It seems I committed them just a short while before you posted that comment in.

That wait for display would really help if it works fine though. I did the wait differently in this one because I wanted to be sure it reached the end of the file, not just started it. I did some testing around and found that the game loads these scripts in the wrong order at times. It utilizes threads (from what I understand) and that means any thread can complete before any other thread called by the init. This is what is causing the current error with it all and thus a completed confirmation is needed in some way. I have been weary on using the wait command because of what happened last time and have only been adding them back slowly after testing. It is quite hard to test by myself though, as I can not use functions pertaining to other players.

Then i won't be doing any merge requests and let you to it ;-) All i can say about the wait for display is that it works for our server and the admintools show and work (including the F keys) almost instantly after login.

Admin tool use logger is complete and working! 

In a few hours if you pull the test branch here is how it works:

1. Place EpochAdminToolsUsageLogger.dll in the ROOT of your server (same place the @epoch and arma2oa.exe files are)
  2. Run the server and use the tools like normal

This will create a folder in your server folder called EpochAdminToolLogs with a file called ToolUsageLog.txt inside of it.

Whenever a feature is used it will log the day, time, player, player id, and what was used directly to the file.

It separates each server restart with a header similar to how the rpt file does.

I'm a bit too excited that I got this working so I had to post it up early. I am just finishing writing all the logging text in the tool so it displays for all tool items.

I'm going to give this a try on our test server. I've really been wanting a feature like this, as our population has been returning after the Steam patch we have needed new admins but I also wanted the ability to keep an eye on them.

Thanks so much for all the hard work you do. Do you have a PayPal so I can send you beer money?

I'm going to give this a try on our test server. I've really been wanting a feature like this, as our population has been returning after the Steam patch we have needed new admins but I also wanted the ability to keep an eye on them.

Thanks so much for all the hard work you do. Do you have a PayPal so I can send you beer money?

I sure do man. Just to notify you the log feature is not added just yet, still adding the text in, but it will be ready by tomorrow and I will post here when it is.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=ILAxLQ4y_oXlk9CAo0wVq_tNkJgpEZQALMBkF9ig4wGXdcl1L0akUECY-qC&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d69a70501aadbc2ff6a1e7e8cc0df6b0b

(leave a note in the donate so that I can post you up as a contributor)

NoxSicarius

Is there a way that i can make ur Admin tools in the epoch part where it say lock and unlock, work for combo locks on doors, and not only for cars, trucks, helis exe?

Yes and no. go to Epoch Menu, and choose point to display code. Then unlock it yourself. I can possibly make the point to unlock work. I will see about that.

I sure do man. Just to notify you the log feature is not added just yet, still adding the text in, but it will be ready by tomorrow and I will post here when it is.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=ILAxLQ4y_oXlk9CAo0wVq_tNkJgpEZQALMBkF9ig4wGXdcl1L0akUECY-qC&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d69a70501aadbc2ff6a1e7e8cc0df6b0b

(leave a note in the donate so that I can post you up as a contributor)

Yes and no. go to Epoch Menu, and choose point to display code. Then unlock it yourself. I can possibly make the point to unlock work. I will see about that.

yea it would be great if u could make the point to unlock work as well, cuz if ur looking in to a big base theres alot of doors and alot of codes to put in the other way.

Admin tool use logger is complete and working! 

In a few hours if you pull the test branch here is how it works:

1. Place EpochAdminToolsUsageLogger.dll in the ROOT of your server (same place the @epoch and arma2oa.exe files are)
  2. Run the server and use the tools like normal

This will create a folder in your server folder called EpochAdminToolLogs with a file called ToolUsageLog.txt inside of it.

Whenever a feature is used it will log the day, time, player, player id, and what was used directly to the file.

It separates each server restart with a header similar to how the rpt file does.

I'm a bit too excited that I got this working so I had to post it up early. I am just finishing writing all the logging text in the tool so it displays for all tool items.

Great news Nox! See you have been busy, are you still updating the testbranch? Kind of wanna give this one a go :P

--

B.t.w. i somehow broke the viewdisplay thingie (FunctionKeys.sqf) last night. Was *trying* to fix some client.rpt errors and somewhere along the lines i broke some stuff xD I'm gonna leave it be for now and retry when i've got a clean 1.9.0 installed.

Yep. The logger is up and running in the test branch now. Finished some final edits I had messed up earlier. I ran a test and it logged most of the items, though I am sure some are not logging properly just yet. I had to make edits to over 30 files so theres no telling what I missed or messed up as it is now 6:09 AM.

One known issue with the test branch is that crates do not despawn, you have to destroy them. I was attempting to make them not delete similar crates, but it didn't work. Other than that the tools work for most of the functions I tested.

Just remember:

after downloading test branch copy the dll file into your root server (where arma2oa.exe is). Then just install the tools like normal.
YOU NEED THE NEW adminlist.sqf

Please keep a log of what does not work and what does not log. It will help iron out problems. The teleport will tell you where people teleported to soon, however that part wasn't working so it now shows that you simply teleported somewhere until fixed.

You can disable the logging of tools in the adminlist.sqf too. There are two loggers, one for major tools (like teleport) and one for minor tools (like refuel) so that you don't have to spam the log with lower level items that really can't be exploited or if they do its not a big deal really. This will allow users to choose to enable the lower logging if they feel they need to. I may or may not add a full system for choosing each individual command to log, but it seems like it would be too much freedom that isn't really needed.

By default the loggers will be off when I release it (for now they are default on for testing). This is because some people may not choose to add the dll (you can run the tools without the dll if you disable the logger variables in adminlist)

I wanted the logger to be a choice for the user.

Get some sleep :P

I'll install right now and let you know of any findings. Agree with you on the individual command log. If logging is not resource intensive i'd leave them on by default.

Hi Nox, 

I figured it was admin tools since I am the only one who can't get snapping to work, my players can snap to their hearts content but I cannot, Since the only difference between them and me is admin tools I thought that might be the issue. Although I did have it working perfectly in the past. The major difference is I am running the Origins package now as well so that may be an issue. Also I removed the Epoch Anti-hack line so perhaps in some strange way that is causing the issue. 

Hi Nox, 

I figured it was admin tools since I am the only one who can't get snapping to work, my players can snap to their hearts content but I cannot, Since the only difference between them and me is admin tools I thought that might be the issue. Although I did have it working perfectly in the past. The major difference is I am running the Origins package now as well so that may be an issue. Also I removed the Epoch Anti-hack line so perhaps in some strange way that is causing the issue. 

Go into the init.sqf and put a // infront of the admintools like at the very bottom. See if it lets you use the snap build.

Hi Nox, 

Just did that this morning and snapping worked for my account. It still does not work 100% so I don't think the problem is completely related to admin tools and I did have everything working previously. Nearly all my problems started by using the Origins release so there is something in there causing the issues. 

Great tools by the way, have used them to a great extent testing modifications and helping players already. I've not had any of the timing issues other people are reporting so there is that :D

Get some sleep :P

I'll install right now and let you know of any findings. Agree with you on the individual command log. If logging is not resource intensive i'd leave them on by default.

Okay after installing the latest version (+ dll file) from the test branch it did not automatically start logging for me.

Okay after installing the latest version (+ dll file) from the test branch it did not automatically start logging for me.

Someone else had this problem too, but I just tested them last night. I am going to wipe my server and test again. I may have left an old part in that has now broke