Question

Hello im trying to setup a dayz overpoch server with taviana. The mod from taviana is the latest Dayz Taviana 2.0 but when im trying to join im getting a error that the server needs a key or i have to remove some files. i tried searching google but i didnt had much succes with that.

My question is, can someone send me the valid keys for the latest Taviana dayz mod? Or if you know what im dealing with please help me.

Thanks

36 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, theduke said:

im also a little confused by your server launch parameters... If you are using a dedicated box or dedicated test server, you shouldnt have an IP in there, it should be localhost

If your test server is not on your pc, then your CLIENT needs the IP, thats it

It is a running dedi server.

7 minutes ago, theduke said:

wouldnt surprise me also if the issue you are getting is because of the way you are launching the client....I had that issue in the beginning also...

Tell us more about what you are doing....

Is this on your local pc, dedi, GSP? A rented dedi

Have you started with fresh epoch files? More or less

How are you connecting to the server (client)? Dayzlauncher or direct with OA and IP

Answers in the box

1 minute ago, theduke said:

can you post your server launch parameters

ATM? Napf is running with this launch parameters (server):

-cpuCount=4 -name=ZNATION ARMY "-profiles=instance_24_Napf" "-cfg=instance_24_Napf\basic.cfg" "-config=instance_24_Napf\config.cfg" "[email protected]_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server" -ip=81.19.216.121 -port=2400 -autoinit

2 minutes ago, Anhor said:

Answers in the box

Well first you cant have the server on the same port. If napf is using 2400 as a port, sahrani needs to be different.

use this as your client launch instead of arma or launcher

create a file and save this as client.bat

Spoiler

@echo off
echo ===============================
echo Server Join Batch
echo -------------------------------
echo JOINING SERVER IN .....
timeout 3

::===============================================================================================================================================
::Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths ==============================================================================================================================================
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================
:: YOUR Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Directory
set STEAMPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
:: YOUR Arma 2 Directory
set arma2path=N:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP    
set IP=81.19.216.121
:: Server Port 
set PORT=2400
:: Server Mods
set [email protected]_Epoch
::---> ===============================================================================================================================================

::===============================================================================================================================================
:: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ==============================================================================================================================================

start ""  "%STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;%MODS%" -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT%  -password=%PASSWORD% -nosplash -noPause -skipIntro

@exit

make sure you change your path to steam to suit your pc and the path to ARMA 2, not ARMA 2 OA.

once you edited the paths, save it and double click it, it should launch you straight into your NAPF server... because NAPF has the port of 2400 and is currently running.

if you want to launch sahrani under the same port, you will need to shut down the NAPF server....

this is what i have for my server launch parameters

Spoiler

@echo off
start "arma2" /min arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "[email protected]_Overwatch;@DayZ_Epoch1061;@extDB;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

this is localhost aslo...

4 minutes ago, theduke said:

Well first you cant have the server on the same port. If napf is using 2400 as a port, sahrani needs to be different.

Reveal hidden contents

@echo off
echo Server Join Batch
echo -------------------------------
echo JOINING SERVER IN .....
timeout 3

::Configuration| Edit these to the proper file paths ==============================================================================================================================================
:: YOUR Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Directory
set STEAMPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
:: YOUR Arma 2 Directory
set arma2path=N:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
:: Server IP    
set IP=81.19.216.121
:: Server Port 
set PORT=2400
:: Server Mods
set [email protected]_Epoch

:: DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELLOW THIS LINE OR YOU WILL BREAK THIS FILE ==============================================================================================================================================

start ""  "%STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;%MODS%" -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT%  -password=%PASSWORD% -nosplash -noPause -skipIntro

@exit

Reveal hidden contents

@echo off
start "arma2" /min arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "[email protected]_Overwatch;@DayZ_Epoch1061;@extDB;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

*lol* I´m not complete dump

Maybe some times I need a lil bit longer, perhaps I´m a native german speaker and have sometimes probs to understand ....... but thats all.

I do NOT run twice maps on the same server ...... I build the structur so that I can change the maps within minutes*.

ATM I can change between takistan and napf within minutes. But I would like sahrani as a third option.

* differend DBs

Im also trying to install sahrani and failing up to now. Anyone knows whats the difference between sahrani 1.1.0 and 1.5.0? 1.1.0 although name suggests older mod is way bigger than 1.5.0..

3 hours ago, totis said:

Im also trying to install sahrani and failing up to now. Anyone knows whats the difference between sahrani 1.1.0 and 1.5.0? 1.1.0 although name suggests older mod is way bigger than 1.5.0..

Sahrani 1.1.0 has old DayZ Vanilla files built in. 1.5.0 doesn't have them. If you download 1.5.0, the server key will be in one of the folders. You also have to change the mod name in your batch file, because Maca renamed the mod on DayZ Launcher to @smd_sahrani_a2_1.5.0

13 minutes ago, totis said:

Ok Jason tnx. Old files but bigger size means it has more content? Like more islands or buildings?

Open the folder and you can see that there are PBOs for an old dayz vanilla version. There are also some other 3rd party addons in there.