M3Editor - A3 3D Editor

maca134

Why couldn't/shouldn't I just simply put the code into the // Stary Sobor Military section of the chernarus.h file? Is the chernarus.h file taboo?

Thanks.

You can use a // section, as long as you put that where it is said to be placed, after the builds that is allready there. Dont forget to add a comma after the last original entry.

{ "Land_HBarrier_5_F", { 12930.8, 12753.3, -0.150925 }, 264.812 }, < ---- extra comma

// // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // //
// // // // // // // // // // // // // // Custom builds by NuFaN and Dr. Masochist. // // // // // // // // // // // // // //
// // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // // //

// Skalista brug
{"land_nav_pier_m_1", {13013.9, 3787.42, -6.33677}, 56.8182},

I have tried that and it does not seem to give the right format at least not one that the server likes.

I think what your asking is how to put your creation on to your server?

While its been covered in previous posts on WHERE to put it, I had to do some figuring out on my own on how to convert it. Frankly, I am so noob at this that I get lost when things are not covered that most people on here assume you know how to do or should know how to do already. But, I digress. So, just so you know, I am very new but I got this to work quite well and it was easy.

The link we are discussing in the previous post converts the lines that Amra uses into a format the Editor uses. For instance, your server uses:

Server Format

{"Land_PaperBox_closed_F", {6282.15, 7804.17, -0.00213623}, 216.402},

{"Land_WaterTank_F", {6286.26, 7801.29, 0.00109863}, 216.157},

{"Land_HBarrierBig_F", {6269.66, 7837.75, -0.0397644}, 180.756},

{"Land_HBarrierBig_F", {6299.21, 7790.65, -0.00527954}, 34.504},

the editor uses:

Editor Format

["Land_PaperBox_closed_F",[6282.15,7804.17,-0.00213623],216.402,0,0,true],

["Land_WaterTank_F",[6286.26,7801.29,0.00109863],216.157,0,0,true],

["Land_HBarrierBig_F",[6269.66,7837.75,-0.0397644],180.756,0,0,true],

["Land_HBarrierBig_F",[6299.21,7790.65,-0.00527954],34.504,0,0,true],

So, when you have your editor up and running and you create something, you can save it as an .sqf but it will be in the "Editor" format. You then take the code from the Epoch Server world, convert it and paste it into your editor created .sqf. I did this because the way stary looked stock, I wanted to change and add but you cant really add things if you don't know where things are in the stock world.

I am still thinking you may be trying to ask how to change the actual map. As far as that goes, that's above my head. I realized in the editor, you cant move that long barn at stary nor the trees. I assume that is like the "Stock Map." The items in stary, to include the tall military tower, H barriers, small military towers were all added in Epoch and those things you can move around.

Hope that helps.

FuFan,

Thanks for the input. I was using the //Stary section in the .h file and I had everything working. I was only asking about using the .h file because I was discussing this with a friend and he said to check it out because he thought he read a thread about certain files that are NOT to be changed. I searched and couldn't find a thread about "Don't ever change these files". Didn't want to step on anyones toes by changing anything the DEVS have requested that people not change. Plus, I wanted to learn something.

Is there anyway to convert the SQF format to SQM format easily?  As we use mission.sqm to overlay functions.  This helps us with update without hassle.

M3Editor exports inthis format.

private ["_objs"];

_objs = [
["Land_CncBlock",[11712.9,15187.7,0.0795975],40.4546,[[0.648845,0.76092,0],[0,0,1]],false],
];

{
private ["_obj"];
_obj = createVehicle [_x select 0, [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
if (_x select 4) then {
_obj setDir (_x select 2);
_obj setPos (_x select 1);
} else {
_obj setPosATL (_x select 1);
_obj setVectorDirAndUp (_x select 3);
};
} foreach _objs;

Where the base editor saves in:

class Vehicles

{
items=1;
class Item0
{
position[]={11633.319,114.04597,15226.446};
azimut=305;
id=1;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="Land_Misc_Scaffolding";
skill=0.60000002;
};
};
};

Is there anyway to convert this non manually.

Is there anyway to convert the SQF format to SQM format easily?  As we use mission.sqm to overlay functions.  This helps us with update without hassle.

M3Editor exports inthis format.

private ["_objs"];

_objs = [
["Land_CncBlock",[11712.9,15187.7,0.0795975],40.4546,[[0.648845,0.76092,0],[0,0,1]],false],
];

{
private ["_obj"];
_obj = createVehicle [_x select 0, [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
if (_x select 4) then {
_obj setDir (_x select 2);
_obj setPos (_x select 1);
} else {
_obj setPosATL (_x select 1);
_obj setVectorDirAndUp (_x select 3);
};
} foreach _objs;

Where the base editor saves in:

class Vehicles

{
items=1;
class Item0
{
position[]={11633.319,114.04597,15226.446};
azimut=305;
id=1;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="Land_Misc_Scaffolding";
skill=0.60000002;
};
};
};

Is there anyway to convert this non manually.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10204 (this works with ArmA 3, I'm quite certain)

Seems to be rather buggy and I doubt it's be able to parse the unit array.

Thanks for trying to provide an answer B_Man but that is not quite it.

I have what I call epoch code which is fine for config.cpp or server settings pbo in fact prior to this last update I was using that method quite happily but I need to go the sqf route now and all I have is the epoch code for these custom add ons so it would be great if I can convert what I already have rather start again in the editor to produce script in sqf format.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10204 (this works with ArmA 3, I'm quite certain)

Seems to be rather buggy and I doubt it's be able to parse the unit array.

Thanks for trying mate.  Guess I will just have to use the 2D editor and struggle through.  Its a shame the 3D editor doesn't populate to the 2D editor automatically.  would save so much hassle.  E.g have the objects on the 2D editor after exiting preview.

Where do I find trees and foliage to place? For some reason can not find the menu containing these elements. Sorry in advance, I will probably facepalm myself...

probably same answer as my roads, available through a mod that contains those classnames. Still havent found any roads tho... or trees for that matter...

Kinda disappointed as in the video showcasing the editor Maca is placing trees :D Roads are also a must in my opinion to really add something different but so far can't complain really the editor is fantastic as very easy to use. Just really wish roads and foliage were added to the placable items in the future.

Kinda disappointed as in the video showcasing the editor Maca is placing trees :D Roads are also a must in my opinion to really add something different but so far can't complain really the editor is fantastic as very easy to use. Just really wish roads and foliage were added to the placable items in the future.

It Is simple enough to add them to the editor but you have to get them in game which requires players to download them and change their launch parameters.

It Is simple enough to add them to the editor but you have to get them in game which requires players to download them and change their launch parameters.

Ok can u tell us then, the other thing u mentioned is a worry for later on. First we need roads and trees... Then we worry about how to make them visible xD

easy way, build ur stuff in m3editor. when done click on the main menu button and choose "Copy to Clipboard and something with epoch". all ur stuff is now in the clipboard with the correct format.

now u only need to open the a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo.

in there is a file called "configs\maps\TheMapUWanttoAlter.h". just open that file up, copy the stuff from the clipboard into PropsPos (most likely delete the last comma), save, repack pbo and ur done.

propsPos[] = {

//debug lights

{ "Land_PortableLight_double_F", { 11665.6,15234.4,0.00144196 }, 40.7 },

{ "Land_PortableLight_double_F", { 11676.0,15246.3,0.00144196 }, 221.7 }
                     };

as mentioned, the format is already correct, when copied into clipboard.

saving as sqf is only needed to load the buildings into the editor again if u want to change/add something.

feel free to ask if u want to know more

i did this and it doesn't work, for some reason it doesn't show up on the server