M3Editor - A3 3D Editor

maca134

Maca, can you add a feature to this where it will allow you to select multiple items and move them together as one group?  Also, what would be the best way to convert coords for an addon I did for say, Bornholm, to another map, like Altis.  It would be nice if there was a tool where I could enter the map size, center pos and intended world space coords for the items and be able to plop down an addition that's already made without having to redo it all for a new map.  

That still requires that all connected users have that pack and load it when they join the server in order for them to see the items.  I wouldn't recommend doing that, but it's up to each server admin to decide.  

Well I meant to use them in the editor, then if you want to use them in on your server is something else.

Couple issues, Saving error one, having to ctrl+del taskmanager to pop up that window to hit ok.

Same with the odd saving requires this. Windows 7 64 bit.

otherwise trying to figure out why the buildings aren't saving into the proppros might be the conversions.

Using the copy to clipboard so I can put it straight into the game is fine and dandy, but the problem is the terrain in which some objects are placed on is a big issue.. in m3editor you can use follow terrain but it will not be like that when copied from clipboard, any solutions for this?

Follow terrain only works on items when using the Export SQF function, since that is where it saves the appropriate values for vectoring.  Copy to clipboard is only meant to be used for placing items in the map.h file in epoch_server_settings.pbo.  If you want more "fancy" object placement then you should do a Export SQF and load the map addons in a separate PBO which can be placed in the @epochhive folder and will load when the server starts.  

Couple more issues, on the Z when you use the Ctrl + Paste feature, then hit update it reverts it back to the original placement in ground if so, doing it twice sometimes lifts the object higher. -Extra work for 1 object.

Also sometimes codes are converted to .520000 to 5e type thing if that matters.

The other thing I noticed, if you alt tab to the desktop sometimes the m3 editor doesn't perform the way it should do, to move objects from left to right. Instead they go up and down only. I thought the same thing when hitting the fast move forward Shift key.

( new issues today) and its frustrating. After adding in objects to the PropPos 3 new starter cities with approx. 500 objects including staticNPCpos I see now double loading. I thought it was my database, so I started a new database to 2 and they still show up,

so I removed a ton of AI guards, and only left about 5 or so vendors with total 10 across the map, and they still show up double. Not all wearing the same clothes.

Is my database screwed up? or is it something else I did. Was working fine last night.

Edit = I use this tool a bunch, so I am able to see more little buggy things happen.

That seems to be very common danvontrap.

I too found many objects not able to be moved after some time in the m3 editor. Sometimes you have to log off completely, close the game go back into it and start off with those tents, market tents etc...

otherwise I do believe this relates to my issues with up / down objects after alt tabbing, or using the shift key. Its stuck in memory, and seems to not be released, until you completely leave the game.

Not the end of the world, but you don't want to place those objects too late.