VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

anything in perticular i am looking for?

Old code from previous releases not being replaced with new code.

It's not just the VEMF.pbo that get's updated, you also have to update the init.sqf as and when changes are made, the missing code comes from the init.sqf, you're not using it.

I thought the typewriter sound was enough.....

It is .. I like that touch very nice... and the text looks great 

I am having an issue with iteration c  though. Version B worked great on my server,every function operated as described, System chat would properly broadcast when a mission would start / end and the boxes would always be there (all be it sometimes with spotty loot ;p  )

Since moving to the current version "c" I am experiencing some issues with some players getting the "liberation" message as soon as one AI is killed and other players not getting the messages at all. (Yes all players involved had quartz radios equipped). Also some players are getting the mission start broadcast and other's are not (yes we tested with everyone having radios).  Some players are also getting liberation messages for solely being proximal to the city where the mission launched

It is .. I like that touch very nice... and the text looks great 

I am having an issue with iteration c  though. Version B worked great on my server,every function operated as described, System chat would properly broadcast when a mission would start / end and the boxes would always be there (all be it sometimes with spotty loot ;p  )

Since moving to the current version "c" I am experiencing some issues with some players getting the "liberation" message as soon as one AI is killed and other players not getting the messages at all. (Yes all players involved had quartz radios equipped). Also some players are getting the mission start broadcast and other's are not (yes we tested with everyone having radios).  Some players are also getting liberation messages for solely being proximal to the city where the mission launched

The radio chosen code is such:

It picks a random radio type, and then searches all the players for that radio.

If a player has that radio type, it sends the message to everyone with that radio.

The liberation message has two settings.

If set to 0, it sends the message to the last player to kill an AI at a mission.

If set higher, it sends it to all players within Xmeters of the town center.

Would be cool Vampire if you could implement this into your AI pack.  You have to kill all the AI in a given town within 30 minutes or the nuke goes off, leveling the town.  Only a small percent chance of it spawning though.  Wouldn't want that to be a regular event or there wouldn't be any towns left on the map.  lol

Would be cool Vampire if you could implement this into your AI pack.  You have to kill all the AI in a given town within 30 minutes or the nuke goes off, leveling the town.  Only a small percent chance of it spawning though.  Wouldn't want that to be a regular event or there wouldn't be any towns left on the map.  lol

Something like this would be awesome :D

I could write a nuke mission, but the particles have to be clientside, which would mean a ton of battleeye exemptions for everyone.

I've been thinking about making a script similar to Pixel's DayZ Anomaly script that I would release seperate from VEMF.

Also there is a new Bornholm episode up on the channel for those who are into it.

I could write a nuke mission, but the particles have to be clientside, which would mean a ton of battleeye exemptions for everyone.

I've been thinking about making a script similar to Pixel's DayZ Anomaly script that I would release seperate from VEMF.

Also there is a new Bornholm episode up on the channel for those who are into it.

Do it please amagaaad!!! <3

Everything working great for me apart from the Ammo box despawns when players get near it, I am using Infi antihack, Do I need to stop using infi to prevent this from happening?

Do you have the latest infiSTAR update? It's all fine my end.

If I can get it working in a mission and fix up the BE filters to allow it will you include it?   ;)  Pending permission from the author of course.

Yeah I know he really doesn't want to use markers, which i totally get. It kills the dynamic immersive feel he is going for. but there at least needs to be a toggle for them, because so many players complain about not knowing which towns the AI are in if they miss the message. I'm tired of hearing about it. People want to be able to just job right into town without having to care or something. Which is idiotic since a player could be there and kill you just the same, but yet still i get requests for making markers. So I might just add them if they don't get added as an option eventually.

Either way, AWESOME job on this system. I personally, love the way it runs. 

Any way to fix so that the AIs just lay on the ground?

Would be nice if they walked around or something.

And how can I edit so you dont need a radio to get the missions?

The ai should be walking around. I have yet to see them lay down other than when engaging at distance.

To edit the radio requirement you would modify VEMFBroadcast in VFunctions to just send to all playable units that are players.

• Richie unlocked this topic