VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

I installed the new files and the missions run great but when we kill all the AI the mission dont give us a box or a mission finished announcement

I found that this happened a couple times as well. I just chalked it up to having too many mission systems running together, and desync, and all those other glorious things that can interfere with the execution of code. I just laugh it off and tell the players this is all still alpha, everything is alpha.

Loving the new announcements though, and seems to be running perfectly.!!!

Maybe you guys are missing one or two stray AI's running around the town? That could be why there's no message/box.

No, I have viewed using map esp. Also we had one mission last night that was really odd. We took out four AI, the crate spawned without a message, then another announcement was sent for a different town, so we went there, and continued on as normal. I don't believe this has anything to do with Vampires system, just weird things happening server side on our part. Like I mentioned before, we have three mission systems running together, so it is very likely the calls get confused at times. This is still all trial and error for me though, and for the most part everything runs flawless, so I am not worried about it.

If things ever start to become unplayable, I will take a more serious interest in removing whatever might be causing the issue. Right now it is game on!!

Hi Like the new message however eveyone is a critic i guess.. Would i be possible to also write in chat so you can page up in case you missed it ? think that maybe nice.

Or maybe 2 CONF paramaters. 

MSG_CHAT = TRUE;

MSG_WIND = TRUE;

Type thing and let the server chose ? just a thought :-)

Weird, this is now the second time I got the mission message, tp'd directly to the town, and only two AI spawn. Killed them both, and no messages. Checked my running rpt as I usually have it open and running.

7:26:52 [VEMF]: Running Dynamic Town Invasion Mission.
7:28:01 "SKN AdminRequest [105,[26998.6,23249.9,0],B Alpha 1-1:1 (|SKWRL| crwler) REMOTE,"ngdottb]"
7:28:02 Error in expression <ems")) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_unit addPrimaryWeaponItem _attachment;
};

if>
7:28:02 Error position: <addPrimaryWeaponItem _attachment;
};

if>
7:28:02 Error addprimaryweaponitem: Type Array, expected String
7:28:02 File VEMF\VFunctions.sqf, line 379
7:28:31 "SKN AdminRequest [105,[26863.8,23203.7,0],B Alpha 1-1:1 (|SKWRL| crwler) REMOTE,"ngdottb"]"
7:29:04 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
7:29:04 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.
7:31:01 [VEMF]: (VEMFDynInv) Waiting for 0/0 Units or Less to be Alive and a Player to be Near the Objective.
7:31:01 [VEMF]: WaitMissComp: Waiting Over. VEMFDynInv Completed.

Not sure what happened, but from what I can tell, the mission ended due to a timeout?

@cyncrwler

Do you use the Invisible function from Admin Panel to Kill the AI ?

maybe the Script/AI doesnt see you and find no Player near by for the Message ?

regards,

DELTA

No, I used that during very early testing a while back, but I like the firefights immensely, so I don't mind dying in combat if, and when it happens.

No Infi here.

Did find this

16:23:08 Error in expression <ems")) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
};

if>
16:23:08   Error position: <addPrimaryWeaponItem _attachment;
};

if>
16:23:08   Error addprimaryweaponitem: Type Array, expected String
16:23:08 File VEMF\VFunctions.sqf, line 379

No Infi here.

Did find this

16:23:08 Error in expression <ems")) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
};

if>
16:23:08   Error position: <addPrimaryWeaponItem _attachment;
};

if>
16:23:08   Error addprimaryweaponitem: Type Array, expected String
16:23:08 File VEMF\VFunctions.sqf, line 379

I'm getting the same error messages

TheVampire,

Also I "think" that the mission timer is still ticking from when you first engage the enemy. Example. You take 15mins to drive, You engage 5mins in you seem to get no "all clear message" you don't get any gifts and then you just see a message about a new mission..

Not sure if its by design that it keeps ticking or not.

Thanks

TheVampire,

Also I "think" that the mission timer is still ticking from when you first engage the enemy. Example. You take 15mins to drive, You engage 5mins in you seem to get no "all clear message" you don't get any gifts and then you just see a message about a new mission..

Not sure if its by design that it keeps ticking or not.

Thanks

You can change VEMFTimeout off in the config for now then. I'll look into it.

I don't think that would be it or else AI would never spawn. It should be working as intended.

Great framework, Vamp.  I'm using your latest from GitHub v1.0.0c.  Two requests:

1.  Is there any harm in adding support for the vanilla Arma 3 radio item i.e. ItemRadio?  On the server side in \VEMF\VFunctions.sqf, can you change line 471 from

_eRads = ["EpochRadio0","EpochRadio1","EpochRadio2","EpochRadio3","EpochRadio4","EpochRadio5","EpochRadio6","EpochRadio7","EpochRadio8","EpochRadio9"];

to

_eRads = ["ItemRadio","EpochRadio0","EpochRadio1","EpochRadio2","EpochRadio3","EpochRadio4","EpochRadio5","EpochRadio6","EpochRadio7","EpochRadio8","EpochRadio9"];

2.  Would it be possible to clean up the init.sqf code changes such that this block is part of your client side VEMF\init.sqf.  It's OCD but I like a simple init.sqf to keep track of all my customs.  

if (!isDedicated) then {
	"VEMFChatMsg" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
		[
			[
				[((_this select 1) select 0),"align = 'center' size = '1' font='PuristaBold'"],
				["","<br/>"],
				[((_this select 1) select 1),"align = 'center' size = '0.5'"]
			]
		] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;
		VEMFChatMsg = nil;
	};
};

Again, great work and will be following you!!! Thanks!!!

Great framework, Vamp.  I'm using your latest from GitHub v1.0.0c.  Two requests:

1.  Is there any harm in adding support for the vanilla Arma 3 radio item i.e. ItemRadio?  On the server side in \VEMF\VFunctions.sqf, can you change line 471 from

_eRads = ["EpochRadio0","EpochRadio1","EpochRadio2","EpochRadio3","EpochRadio4","EpochRadio5","EpochRadio6","EpochRadio7","EpochRadio8","EpochRadio9"];

to

_eRads = ["ItemRadio","EpochRadio0","EpochRadio1","EpochRadio2","EpochRadio3","EpochRadio4","EpochRadio5","EpochRadio6","EpochRadio7","EpochRadio8","EpochRadio9"];

2.  Would it be possible to clean up the init.sqf code changes such that this block is part of your client side VEMF\init.sqf.  It's OCD but I like a simple init.sqf to keep track of all my customs.  

if (!isDedicated) then {
		[
			[
				[((_this select 1) select 0),"align = 'center' size = '1' font='PuristaBold'"],
				["","<br/>"],
			]
		VEMFChatMsg = nil;
	};
};

Again, great work and will be following you!!! Thanks!!!

I Do the same to keep track of what code is what..put // top of code//..

//Vamp Mission//

if (!isDedicated) then {

[

[

[((_this select 1) select 0),"align = 'center' size = '1' font=PuristaBold'],

["","

"],

]

VEMFChatMsg = nil;

};

};

for the radio? im guessing it would work,try it out

to

The normal radio doesn't spawn at all in Epoch, just EpochRadio0 in loot, or the higher ones as craftables. Why would you want to add something that doesn't exist in the mod?

• Richie unlocked this topic