VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

what must i edit in the 

VEMFBroadcast = {
	private ["_msg","_eRads","_sent","_allUnits","_curRad","_send"];
	_msg = _this select 0;
	_eRads = ["EpochRadio0","EpochRadio1","EpochRadio2","EpochRadio3","EpochRadio4","EpochRadio5","EpochRadio6","EpochRadio7","EpochRadio8","EpochRadio9"];
	_eRads = _eRads call BIS_fnc_arrayShuffle;

// Broadcast to Each Player
	_sent = false;
	_allUnits = allUnits;

// Remove Non-Players
	{ if !(isPlayer _x) then {_allUnits = _allUnits - [_x];}; } forEach _allUnits;

_curRad = 0;
	_send = false;
	// Find a Radio to Broadcast To
	while {true} do {
		{
			if ((_eRads select _curRad) in (assignedItems _x)) exitWith {
				_send = true;
			};
			if (_forEachIndex == ((count _allUnits)-1)) then {
				_curRad = _curRad + 1;
			};
		} forEach _allUnits;

if (_send) exitWith {};
		if (_curRad > ((count _eRads)-1)) exitWith
		{
			/* No Radios */
		};
	};

if (_send) then {
		{
			if ((_eRads select _curRad) in (assignedItems _x)) then {
				VEMFChatMsg = _msg;
				(owner (vehicle _x)) publicVariableClient "VEMFChatMsg";
				_sent = true;
			};
		} forEach _allUnits;
	} else {
		_sent = false;
	};

// Return if Message was Received by Someone
	// If FALSE, Nobody has a Radio Equipped
	_sent

that people become message with no radio . Sry for my english i hope anybody understand.

Hey Vampire,

Loving your VEMF and so does my player base, keep up the greatly appreciated work!

One question about a setting that id like to change but not sure if i should or not. VEMFGroupCnt = 3;   if i increase this will it actually take effect and add more ai groups to mission or is it for future builds? 

I'd rather not break something that works fine ;) but i would like to add more in there as my players team up well and its becoming a little too easy for them all grouped as they do.

Thanks for your time

Hey Vampire,

Loving your VEMF and so does my player base, keep up the greatly appreciated work!

One question about a setting that id like to change but not sure if i should or not. VEMFGroupCnt = 3;   if i increase this will it actually take effect and add more ai groups to mission or is it for future builds? 

I'd rather not break something that works fine ;) but i would like to add more in there as my players team up well and its becoming a little too easy for them all grouped as they do.

Thanks for your time

It works currently. Each group contains 4 units. You can adjust the amount of groups using that.

Hey vampire, great mission so far! But the crate kills some players, when they try to loot, the were pushed in the air and died while crashing back on the ground :-)

they are afraid of looting the box now ^^

when do you think your update will be fine?

That's due to the alternative antihack. If you open the mission file and change the crate classname it'll work fine.

The next update I hope to get done sometime this weekend. If not, it'll be out before next weekend.

Not sure if anyone else has this same issue, but I have noticed that if the server is empty upon restart, and no players connect for at least thirty minutes, but connect later, the dynamic town invasion notices never post. Now this isn't an issue on servers with a steady player base, but since our server is new this tends to happen consistently.

I have this same issue. Nothing in my report. was wondering if there is a solution.

I would recommend setting the missions up so they track a bodycount metric. When x number of AI are killed in the area the mission is considered complete.

Then, just need to make sure the mission does its own 'cleanup' of AI it spawned.  

I implemented this approach on my HC missions and it seems to be working out alot better.  No mission requires a 100% destruction of AI (unless that is really what you want). So in most cases after the players get to a bodycount of 10, and only 12 spawned at the mission, it can complete. Allowing the players to get the loot and any AI that went stupid, to then be removed after the mission does its cleanup.

I have been seeing many issues with AI either getting stuck inside buildings, or moving well outside the encounter area (when on waypoints).  The bodycount seems to be covering most of the 'Arma3 buggy ai' cases'.

I would recommend setting the missions up so they track a bodycount metric. When x number of AI are killed in the area the mission is considered complete.

Then, just need to make sure the mission does its own 'cleanup' of AI it spawned.  

I implemented this approach on my HC missions and it seems to be working out alot better.  No mission requires a 100% destruction of AI (unless that is really what you want). So in most cases after the players get to a bodycount of 10, and only 12 spawned at the mission, it can complete. Allowing the players to get the loot and any AI that went stupid, to then be removed after the mission does its cleanup.

I have been seeing many issues with AI either getting stuck inside buildings, or moving well outside the encounter area (when on waypoints).  The bodycount seems to be covering most of the 'Arma3 buggy ai' cases'.

This is already coded into VEMF but by default requires 100% to be killed. I haven't added in a cleanup for wandering AI yet.

I was more wondering about this behaviour, is this a glitch? Is it by design? Are they actually just patrolling? They've forgotten their waypoint and lost their way? Is it possible to maybe put something that just has a defined radius (like 300m) and if they go outside that then their waypoint gets set back to the centre of town rather than just cleaning them up?

I was more wondering about this behaviour, is this a glitch? Is it by design? Are they actually just patrolling? They've forgotten their waypoint and lost their way? Is it possible to maybe put something that just has a defined radius (like 300m) and if they go outside that then their waypoint gets set back to the centre of town rather than just cleaning them up?

I think it may be due to them previously getting engaged with a player or something else. The pursue code sets a new waypoint which may overide the old ones. I'm contemplating writing a soldier brain for them all which would remove the need for any waypoints but I'm not sure. FSM's are a beast of their own, but allow a lot of realism.

I think it may be due to them previously getting engaged with a player or something else. The pursue code sets a new waypoint which may overide the old ones. I'm contemplating writing a soldier brain for them all which would remove the need for any waypoints but I'm not sure. FSM's are a beast of their own, but allow a lot of realism.

Sounds like it would be awesome

Thought I would post in case anyone is wondering my stance, I am for what BIS is trying to do with the monetization.

Therefore VEMF is allowed on servers that wish to monetize, as long as all of your players can still access VEMF the same way.

Modifying it so paying players have any advantage in getting more missions, more loot, etc would be against the VEMF License.

However as long as all players on your server can interact with VEMF as it is intended, it is allowed.

I'll modify the license readme on VEMF for the next update. Under the stipulations above, you will not be in violation of the non-commercial license of VEMF.

The non-commercial license of VEMF is primarily there to stop people like A3L from ripping VEMF to their mod, and secondarily stopping people from giving others advantages over others in clearing missions.

You will of course need to get permission from the Epoch Dev's to monetize your server before worrying about this.

I'm still working on the next VEMF update. More spoilers.

The next update will be the first full Alpha version of VEMF. This means focus has switched over to new features for the time being, and then will be followed by hotfixes. The next version of VEMF will include another 3 missions, and more functions for custom mission writers.

The missions will be a Supply Convoy, an A to B Delivery Mission, and a surprise mission.

The main inclusion is support for temporary and permanent vehicles to the database.

Temporary Vehicles will warn players of their temporary status when they enter them.

Also with the Patreon milestones, I'm pushing for the $300 milestone which is a recording upgrade.

My current microphone is a ModMic 4.0 which works very well, but has a lot of caveats.

When I do upgrade, I will most likely do a giveaway of this Mic which makes an awesome gaming Mic if you already have a nice pair of music headphones.

However if I don't reach the next milestone before the end of the weekend (hopefully) I'll most likely still upgrade my equipment.

My sound recording equipment is so low quality sounding that I feel like I am currently avoiding making videos because of it, which I don't want to do.

It's amazing how many of you are supporting me and I feel like I am letting you all down with my poor quality audio in my videos which will be changed.

I have already worked on making my video quality better as the last Bornholm video I did seemed pretty washed out and just generally blurry.

Expect higher quality content from me in the near future.

For a future release would you consider the ability to break down the AI skills so they are more configurable?  Like set it up so that instead of a blanket skill rating you can adjust the accuracy, commanding, etc. individually.  The way it currently sits you can either have AI that move around and seek cover smartly and are laser accurate, or you can have AI that actually don't have an aimbot but they also don't move much at all and stand in the open like popup targets.  It's tough to find a good balance in the difficulty and overall realism of the AI.  

• Richie unlocked this topic