VEMF - Vampire's Epoch Mission Framework

TheVampire

I've tried to set increased crate loot number, which didn't work -  and the missions didn't notify or in most cases...AI/Missions didn't spawn? So reset to default and it worked...

I've also got this random issue where some players see the Mission start message top right of screen. But some hear it but don't see it...other players see it but don't hear it...?

Also  there is nothing in the RPT to show an error. And also noticing the instead of the 12 AI that used to spawn...it's now anywhere between 3 and 9 AI?

EDIT:

Just done a mission with a few players - 8 total AI kills. Cannot find anymore and the mission is not completed. Town was Neochori

Delete the code that attempts to put a scope on the bandit AI weapons 10% of the time.  This is causing an error and stopping the production of new bandits to the mission.  End result not enough to kill to complete the mission!

@ Vampire

In the towns of Dorida and Zaros the crate still spawns in a building and blows up. Have the latest version running. was testing it out this morning.

I have no problems with these towns working just fine.  What box are you spawning?  I had switched to the cargo net as recommended in a previous post in this thread.

I have no problems with these towns working just fine.  What box are you spawning?  I had switched to the cargo net as recommended in a previous post in this thread.

Hmmm still the orange box.....  Ok thanks will search back and look for that post.

@ElricMelnibone  ok did a search of topic for "cargo net" Im not seeing the post...

Hmmm still the orange box.....  Ok thanks will search back and look for that post.

@ElricMelnibone  ok did a search of topic for "cargo net" Im not seeing the post...

Ok so what does the crate need to be changed to so it does not blow up when its spawned? Right now it works but in the towns of Dorida and Zaros.

Sorry guys but the next update is delayed. I am trying to stuff a bunch of new code and features in that I haven't had time to test anything yet and there are still issues.

I'll do my best to try to get it done this weekend and release it.

You dont need to excuse... its you free time an we all thanks you 4 your work.  :)

i will wait 4 the next Update and think it will be great.

regards,

DELTA  B)

I'm getting this error with VEMF.

Fault time: 2015/02/06 15:23:30

Fault address: 01208CD6 01:009A7CD6 C:\TCAFiles\Users\EvanB\38712\arma3server_38712.exe
file: epoch
world: Chernarus
Prev. code bytes: D8 35 00 6B 8E 7C 93 00 00 2C 8B 97 C0 00 00 00
Fault code bytes: 38 5C 11 F8 75 0E 8B 44 24 14 39 44 11 FC 7E 04

Registers:
EAX:021FEE98 EBX:00000000
ECX:0000002C EDX:00000000
ESI:34B52500 EDI:34AFA780
CS:EIP:0023:01208CD6
SS:ESP:002B:021FEE84 EBP:00000001
DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B
Flags:00210202
=======================================================
error: Minidump is unavailable. MiniDumpWriteDump into A3E_Server\arma3server_38712_2015-02-06_15-00-13.mdmp failed (error 0x8007012b).

Everytime this has happened right when I had shot a particular AI.

All other AI die normaly, so I'm wondering if once in a while a random AI spawns with some glitch.

They never reach the ground, they freeze half way down and server crashes. Kicking everyone.

Could it be while spawning loot?

I'm not running any custom loot, nor have I made any changes to VEMF config.

This also only happens with VEMF and VEMF AI.

Great work but i have a problem

The missions only  are sometimes working

one day working and one day not

22:14:13 [VEMF]: Running Dynamic Town Invasion Mission.

22:34:17 [VEMF]: DynTownInv: Mission Ended for Timeout.

but no Mission shows up? no Message , No activity

im Running Takistan

Working very well on our server except for occaisional errors in .RPT as follows:

2:42:17 Error in expression <ems")) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_unit addPrimaryWeaponItem _attachment;
};

if>
 2:42:17   Error position: <addPrimaryWeaponItem _attachment;
};

if>
 2:42:17   Error addprimaryweaponitem: Type Array, expected String
 2:42:17 File VEMF\VFunctions.sqf, line 379

Thanks for this great addon.

Ok... so I just rebooted the server after adding a statusbar.

Noticing that VEMF isn't running I check the rpt logs...the log was almost 1mb in size with lines and lines of the same error:

>
13:26:26   Error Undefined variable in expression: _timediff
13:26:26 File VEMF\Scripts\VMissionTimer.sqf, line 17
13:26:26 Warning Message: Script VEMF\Missions\any.sqf not found
13:26:26 Error in expression <ile {true} do {

uiSleep ((floor(random(_timeDiff))) + (VEMFMinMissTime*60));

>
13:26:26   Error position: <_timeDiff))) + (VEMFMinMissTime*60));

>
13:26:26 Warning Message: Script VEMF\Missions\any.sqf not found
13:26:26 Error in expression <ile {true} do {

uiSleep ((floor(random(_timeDiff))) + (VEMFMinMissTime*60));

>
13:26:26   Error position: <_timeDiff))) + (VEMFMinMissTime*60));

>

Anyone seen this or have a fix for this?

Got my new mic in thanks to the Patreon Support.

New video coming soon.

Sorry everyone that the updates have started crawling but the new update is larger than many of the past ones, and includes fixes for multiple issues.

IMHO , you sir need not apoligize for anything , many in this forum take your hard work for granted , and shouldn't . You do this in your spare time and many of us appreciate it greatly . Take your time , get it right , release it when your ready , we can wait . ;)

Ok, got VEMF to stop erroring and filling the rpt files. However now missions/invasions spawning after I did a fresh install of VEMF.

Instead I see these errors now:

15:04:28 [VEMF]: AllowDamage Applied to 1 Units.

Then about 30 seconds later this:

15:05:14 Error: selection end1 missing in memory LOD of model a3\structures_f\ind\cargo\cargo20_orange_f.p3d

Thern some 3 mins later the first VEMF message starts again... then rinse and repeat

Anyone seen this or have a fix?

Ok, got VEMF to stop erroring and filling the rpt files. However now missions/invasions spawning after I did a fresh install of VEMF.

Instead I see these errors now:

15:04:28 [VEMF]: AllowDamage Applied to 1 Units.

Then about 30 seconds later this:

15:05:14 Error: selection end1 missing in memory LOD of model a3\structures_f\ind\cargo\cargo20_orange_f.p3d

Thern some 3 mins later the first VEMF message starts again... then rinse and repeat

Anyone seen this or have a fix?

Remove the line pointing to the damage fix in VEMF's init file in VEMF.pbo. It is no longer needed and is already removed in the next version.

• Richie unlocked this topic