Take permanent vehicle ownership

RedBreath

Permanent vehicle ownership  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to be able to lock and protect your car and gear?

you make it to where no one else can unlock a vehicle then you have a very boring game i dont understand this community sometimes most people want everything handed to them i hear stuff like "this game sucks bc my base isnt indestructible how am i supposed to build and have a base if it can be raided" like really? whats the point of playing the game if you have no threat what so ever the game would become pointless to play if you build a base and lock everything up since it cannot be stolen.. maybe its just me and i like a challenge or because i stride for what i want rather then have it handed to me idk but on to the cars i voted no bc well same thing goes with what i said for the bases whats the point of having something that cannot be stolen you then have no threat what so ever making the game boring next people will be wanting to make vehicles indestructible that are locked like ffs grow a pair lol and this isnt a diss to anyone just i think people need to man (or lady up if your a female) and play the game and stop wanting handouts but back to the vehicles i say no unless you can have an object that can pick locks or a physical key that can be stolen there should always be a counter to something to keep things balanced for players that want things handed to them and the players that dont..but the thought of keeping a vehicle if you find it and lock it first is stupid imo

the guy above me said it great btw nice job GasT

I would prefer a perm lock when you're not playing on the server. It's very frustrating hiding your car somewhere with all the gear and ppl steal it with no fighting at all. - but this could maybe be annoying if people just lock cars, log off and troll other players...

I'd like a lock you have to find and it's very rare...

Locked vehicles and safes ruin the game. If all vehicles are locked how will someone new or without a vehicle going to acquire one. If you die the person who killed you still can't get the reward. If I shoot you out of a car all I can do is sell it as after restart it will be locked to you. Then have to wait until a clean up script removes the car and respawns it

you make it to where no one else can unlock a vehicle then you have a very boring game i dont understand this community sometimes most people want everything handed to them i hear stuff like "this game sucks bc my base isnt indestructible how am i supposed to build and have a base if it can be raided" like really? whats the point of playing the game if you have no threat what so ever the game would become pointless to play if you build a base and lock everything up since it cannot be stolen.. maybe its just me and i like a challenge or because i stride for what i want rather then have it handed to me idk but on to the cars i voted no bc well same thing goes with what i said for the bases whats the point of having something that cannot be stolen you then have no threat what so ever making the game boring next people will be wanting to make vehicles indestructible that are locked like ffs grow a pair lol and this isnt a diss to anyone just i think people need to man (or lady up if your a female) and play the game and stop wanting handouts but back to the vehicles i say no unless you can have an object that can pick locks or a physical key that can be stolen there should always be a counter to something to keep things balanced for players that want things handed to them and the players that dont..but the thought of keeping a vehicle if you find it and lock it first is stupid imo

the guy above me said it great btw nice job GasT

Thank you.. Think it´s the boring PVE players that don´t like challenges...

Just look at how many Epoch servers with 1-5 players just hoarding there are now.

Found a well packed Zamak just a couple of day´s ago probably someone in this thread who was the previous owner : )

Thank you.. Think it´s the boring PVE players that don´t like challenges...

Just look at how many Epoch servers with 1-5 players just hoarding there are now.

Found a well packed Zamak just a couple of day´s ago probably someone in this thread who was the previous owner : )

lmfao i will never understand pve but everyone is different lol

the same people that whine bc they cant change the amount of antagonist that spawn bc its to many lol to many? its not enough at all right now and you can change what ever you want if you know what your doing  hehe ;)

While yes this is recommended,Instead of thinking of being on a server you already have tons of gear on think of it as you just joined a server! and found a car you go looting and decide to lock it. but you were looting for 45 minutes,but your car unlocks after 30.. you head back to your car,But its gone.. And all that precious gear and building supplies and you only ride..... GONE!

Instead of thinking that you loot 15 minutes too long, think about the situation that you join a server and simply cant get a car... car limit exceeded by locked cars, NO CAR TO LOSE!

Instead of thinking that you loot 15 minutes too long, think about the situation that you join a server and simply cant get a car... car limit exceeded by locked cars, NO CAR TO LOSE!

I had thought about setting the lock time for vehicles to be pretty much permanent, then I thought about how people would grief and lock every car they find. I prefer the current system of the cars unlocking. This isn't Dayz Epoch. Stop using vehicles as storage.

So not sure if I'll get flamed for this, but can I voice a situation to consider that is FOR a locking system for vehicles (tied to player, when you lock it it stays locked until you either unlock it yourself or after X days the car unlocks itself and essentially becomes a "spawn" vehicle): 

Personally, I'm a player who cannot play Arma 3 Epoch for 2 or 4 or 6 or more hours... I get to play for like an hour or two per session. For the players who are NOT able to spend a half/full (or more) workday equivalent per session playing this game, this 30 minute unlock for purchased/found vehicles is a HARD new pill to swallow after playing A2 Epoch for so long. I'm not even saying Overpoch... just Epoch.

Sure... I know it's a new mechanic and needs time to get fleshed out. And yes... I know the mod is still in Alpha and MUCH will change. I'm just voicing this so that others may be aware of another perspective that exists... and needs to be considered. 

Just my $0.02. 

We had this same topic over and over in A2 Epoch.

Players would blow the cars up, or simply tow and haul them away. And then blow them up. Regardless of how far the devs went to "lock" the vehicles.

What we all learned, is that the only way to really protect your vehicle (the gear inside it) is to hide it. Hide it good. Flight ability is hard to get atm, so it's rare to scout vehicles. Take advantage of that.

:D

I'm with the Doctor.

I ain't got time to hide it good, I ain't got time to go sell it. Sometimes I need to leave home at the drop of a hat.

Besides, isn't this the future when biometric locks come as standard?

I feel a permanent locking system is best, but with a countermeasure for the thieves to use to bypass the biometrics. A little like the hotwire kit in A2Epoch.

I'm with the Doctor.

I ain't got time to hide it good, I ain't got time to go sell it. Sometimes I need to leave home at the drop of a hat.

Besides, isn't this the future when biometric locks come as standard?

I feel a permanent locking system is best, but with a countermeasure for the thieves to use to bypass the biometrics. A little like the hotwire kit in A2Epoch.

Yes this would be really nice. You take a chance but the average new spawn can't just run off with it. I also agree that you should have to purchase the vehicle for the lock to be like this. That way a fresh spawn can't just lock everything he finds and move on to another server. You all know there would be ahats like that. 

I like the idea that if not touched for X days then it unlocks, this cuts down on issues. As it stands right now you can change the lock time but, once the server restarts the vehicle unlocks to public again and anyone can take it. Need to make that go past restart and then it would be great. 

I had read in a post that a unlock kit was going to be ingame and have a chance at spawning in vehicles. Maybe after that is put in the lock system will change. 

I want to know how many people want to be able to take permanent ownership of their car?

Almost like a key,Once you lock the vehicle it's yours forever until you die.

Maybe have a certain item as a place holder almost like the "item_swing" as a key for your car.

And the result? No more losing your vehicle with all your precious items can't be stolen unless you forget to lock it :D

An RFID chip used to unlock vehicles-Thanks DivineHolienes for the GREAT idea :D

I just made this line higher: vehicleLockTime = 172800; // Controls how many seconds it takes to allow another person/group to unlock vehicle. (1800/60= 30 min... so i did: 1800 * 2 = 1 hr * 48hrs)

And what about a Rent-System?

You can rent a Car for X Hours, after that time you need to pay again, maybe spend energy too....

Every Player can only rent one vehicle, and this vehicle dont count to the map spawns....

With elec. Parts you can hack the Car, after restart the car is locked again....

So:

You can have your owen car, there are enough vehicles on Map unlocked to find and you can stole the inventory easely.... everbody is happy