Server no longer loading up after trader updates!!

JohnyMST

Question

I updated my traders with Cinder Blocks, Mortar and Sledgehammer via SQL program and after that was done I can no longer join my server :/

It's online however in dayz commaner I have the "time" icon showing beside it...

How can I restore it so the server is back working again? I'm not sure what I did wrong as I used the below SQL query to update the traders:

INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["CinderBlocks",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 508, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["CinderBlocks",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 530, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["CinderBlocks",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 662, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["CinderBlocks",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 678, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["CinderBlocks",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 680, 'trade_items');

INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["MortarBucket",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 508, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["MortarBucket",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 530, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["MortarBucket",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 662, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["MortarBucket",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 678, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["MortarBucket",1]', 50, '[5,"ItemSilverBar",1]', '[2,"ItemSilverBar",1]', 680, 'trade_items');

INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgeHandle",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 508, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgeHandle",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 530, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgeHandle",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 662, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgeHandle",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 678, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgeHandle",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 680, 'trade_items');

INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgehead",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 508, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgehead",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 530, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgehead",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 662, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgehead",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 678, 'trade_items');
INSERT INTO traders_data (`item`, `qty`, `buy`, `sell`, `tid`, `afile`) VALUES ('["ItemSledgehead",1]', 50, '[1,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[3,"ItemGoldBar",1]', 680, 'trade_items');

14 answers to this question

I have not edited anything except this for 2 days... This is very weird.

Also I found that:
When I restart the server, I can join the lobby and then it takes me to the briefing (where u see list of players and the map etc) but it never goes further then the briefing screen...
I need to exit the game then and when I refresh my server in the list I see time icon beside it, from that point I can no longer join even the lobby until I restart the whole server.

Revoplay

We will need the rpt log

I have no idea how to provide you with the log.

There has to be someone with a solution to this...

LimpNoodle

Can you please tell me how to restore SQL to standard and remove my previous entries? Just in case it did cause the problem...

It's sad but I think I entered my lines into Traders_Items instead of the Tables "folder"...

I ran the traders_data from your link but it didn't fix it... I'm sure that I entered wrong code into wrong table...

Have you also got the default Trader_Items code?

What Revoplay will only restore the traders data it seems, but that is where that code added the things anyway (if you used what u pasted above)

Don't you have a database backup that you can just restore? If not I recommend you setup a backup schedule and also always backup before making changes.

You can also always just remove the entries you added manually with Navicat.

Give me a shout on Skype and I'll have a look at your logs

Hey Guys!

It wasn't the code which got my server down. It was my SQL port being set to a completely different value then it should be!

I'm not sure how this happened as I am aware of what SQL port I should be using (probably a typo)...

In my case, my SQL port was set to 3303 instead of 2303... I know, stupid :)

To check/change your SQL port (in Vilayer anyway)

Go to section: Change Database Passwords

In there you will see all your connection properties that server uses