Why are there still some servers on DAYZ Commander

roachyuk

Another thing is, anyone in this thread most likely has dedicated servers so we have the ability to not update. What about the other 80% of the community running through hosted servers that don't have the luxury to just wait it out.

If you have a server with Vert hosting, you have the option to upgrade or downgrade to many different Epoch and Arma 2 versions. Complete control over that stuff. No forced updates.

hears one for you the server i have just did an update the other day to 1.63.112555 and yet in config it says this

//reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com"; // For ArmA1 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com"; // For ArmA2 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com"; // For Arma2: Operation Arrowhead
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

just saying

oh and yes we have countless issues left right and center with time out and just general getting in.

and yes i know the upper ones are canceled out but the last one isnt

We still don't know what updating commander entails. Will you be able to install/download/run the steam patches from commander? Or does that just mean servers will show up on DZC?

There's no reason to install new versions of Arma 2 manually since the beta has been pushed to Stable. Steam will make sure all players are on the right version. The stable version is compatible with all versions of the beta after 112555 so even if a server owner is behind the times and is running an older version, an updated client can still play.

hears one for you the server i have just did an update the other day to 1.63.112555 and yet in config it says this

//reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com"; // For ArmA1 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com"; // For ArmA2 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com"; // For Arma2: Operation Arrowhead
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

just saying

oh and yes we have countless issues left right and center with time out and just general getting in.

and yes i know the upper ones are canceled out but the last one isnt

Version 112555 doesn't use Steam for reporting. In newer versions, those lines do nothing. Gamespy servers haven't been stopped yet for some reason, even though Gamespy says they shut down on July 1st.

When the much ballyhoo'd event does occur, if (when) there are joining problems, be sure to  get your clients coming from DZC to manually validate their game cache files for OA using Steam. I periodically swap back and forth between the older version and the Steam version and have to do that each time I go from loading through DZC to loading from the updated ARMA II multiplayer screen.  There are, iirc,  it will state that there are 11 files that will be reacquired.  You'll never notice them.

dude... if the hound sees that, he's never going to stop spamming the forums.

A little unnecessary is it not? I have said nothing at all since royal finally gave me what I wanted which was some official word one way or the other. Now it's just back to the waiting game.

<snip>Gamespy servers haven't been stopped yet for some reason, even though Gamespy says they shut down on July 1st.

It appears they somehow lost control of the servers. Servers still running somewhere but seemingly with no proper administration (as any human in admin role would have simply shut em down by now).

It appears they somehow lost control of the servers. Servers still running somewhere but seemingly with no proper administration (as any human in admin role would have simply shut em down by now).

A company as large as them probably paid a third party to host their servers. The third party may not know yet that Gamespy closed down, or the servers were purchased for a certain amount of months at a time. When the time runs out they will shut them down, or they may have already run out, and the company is just waiting until a new customer purchases them to wipe them and re-purpose them.

A company as large as them probably paid a third party to host their servers. The third party may not know yet that Gamespy closed down, or the servers were purchased for a certain amount of months at a time. When the time runs out they will shut them down, or they may have already run out, and the company is just waiting until a new customer purchases them to wipe them and re-purpose them.

I hope you're right.  This has been the worst month in my dayz admin history hands down.

He was hit by a bus and all source code was lost as it was written on paper and a dog came by and ate it all :(

I mean, I feel like the guy doesn't want to be bothered with the shit anymore. If thats the case, he could probably sell it or give it away to someone who is more interested/involved in the dayz community. Im sure there are people who would love to.

Well I guess you can ignore my post. I asked him what the progress was and wether is going to happen tonight or not and he removed me from steam. I'm kinda done with him now. I use to pick his side but now I'm starting to agree with people saying he's being somewhat of a douche. Feels like he is just trying to troll everyone.