Why are there still some servers on DAYZ Commander

roachyuk

I guess he will switch when GS actually shuts down. I get the feeling they are just trolling us.

Depending on when vbawol will release 1.0.5.2 people have to switch to the steam version no matter what DZC is doing. Or they just dont update to 1.0.5.2.

[INFO] (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT) Server owners MUST update their required build and beta to 125548

Vilayer updated us automatically.. no choice. Server went from 30+ a night to zero.. Im standing in my room all day just trying to maintain a presence so people will join. This sucks. Hopefully something changes in the near future. Ive enjoyed my time running this server the past year, but Im not gonna pay $30+ a month to sit in a room by myself.

Lol probably a hacker duper or cheater we've banned!

If anyone wants my ban list edited rule breakers out leaving hackers in. We wipe the hackers out of the list every 3 months as we assume they're globalled by then.

Here is my community ban list.

http://pastebin.com/N2ZxqxpP

If someone has excel or something perhaps they could get rid of duplicate entries and combine our ban list? 

I have combined the ban lists but have not checked for duplicated as I have no easy way of doing this.

http://pastebin.com/svytajFs

If you're interested in sharing your bans I have a thread about it here

http://opendayz.net/threads/sharing-bans-txt-lets-help-eachother-keep-our-servers-free-of-cheaters.18344/

Vilayer updated us automatically.. no choice. Server went from 30+ a night to zero.. Im standing in my room all day just trying to maintain a presence so people will join. This sucks. Hopefully something changes in the near future. Ive enjoyed my time running this server the past year, but Im not gonna pay $30+ a month to sit in a room by myself.

If you have file access rollback to the previous build?

Suggesting server owners rollback is not the answer. With 1.0.5.2, we'll all be required to be on the latest Arma 2 build. Those that choose not to update will be left with no more BE support and no more updates or support from the Epoch team. If all servers move to the Steam versions, it will require players to actually get off their asses, right click, opt into the beta and update their Arma 2.

If you have file access rollback to the previous build?

I dont believe I can. They manually shut down everyone's server for 2-5 hours and made the changes. Im not very tech savvy, but I believe my server is just a sliver of a dedicated box.

Here are some choice bits from the email they sent out

We are preparing to roll out the infrastructure changes required for Arma 2’s change to the new Steam System.

The change requires substantial modification to our backend package to ensure servers run correctly.

Once we make these changes all servers will be running on the new Steam system from this point forward. It will not be possible to rollback.

Suggesting server owners rollback is not the answer. With 1.0.5.2, we'll all be required to be on the latest Arma 2 build. Those that choose not to update will be left with no more BE support and no more updates or support from the Epoch team. If all servers move to the Steam versions, it will require players to actually get off their asses, right click, opt into the beta and update their Arma 2.

I think he meant only temporarily but either way Im running overwatch not epoch.

Completely get ya, we went from 51/51 near enough everyday to around 20-27 max now, weve still got our players , but nowhere near as many. Its daft really, our servers arnt going to die purely because the players are dedicated, and addicted :D but never the less theres many of server out there that will die , and sure enough means a loss of $$$ for vilayer. 

I just hope commanders updated soon xD

yea man Ill tell ya it's been a whacky ride on the ranking train for me. Ive been as high as 88th and as low as 1080th or so lol. When I switched to overwatch a month or so ago, my server blew up overnight, it was great. I had a nearly full server every night up until this happened. Now Im literally the only person who joins my server. Depressing actually.

Battleye running fine on my 1.63.112555 servers with reporting to DZC working fine. I see no reason to upgrade until Elvis leaves the building ;)

MGT,

Please advise since you have a popular server - is it time to upgrade now if not how long are you planning to stay on 112555?

Are there no cleanup issues with it BTW?

Thanks

PS I attempted the latest version but not ONE player joined my server so rolled back to 103768 it is not great but 'working' and have a few players now.