Why are there still some servers on DAYZ Commander

roachyuk

So Gamespy is still up... 

The only way to determine if it's still up would be to set up a new Arma 2 1.62 based Epoch server that wasn't previously on Dayz Commander and see if it shows up in Dayz Commander when you start it up. I can't find any definate answer that Gamespy is offline or ofnline.

Well, most of the servers still run a pre-steam beta version and they show up in the ingame server list. So yeah, I guess its still there.

Wait, I didn't tried it today since I am still at work. But yesterday around midnight (german time) it was still there.

Well, most of the servers still run a pre-steam beta version and they show up in the ingame server list. So yeah, I guess its still there.

Wait, I didn't tried it today since I am still at work. But yesterday around midnight (german time) it was still there.

DotJosh did say he was maintaining a cache of the servers on the list, so while they show up, is the information being displayed accurate and up to date?

Thats why I said "ingame server list" (ingame = Arma, not ingame = DZC). I never used DZC for something else than updating. Always used the ingame browser.

Maybe I got something wrong since there are a lot "maybe"s in this forum these days, but your server is sending to Gamespy as long as it runs on 1.62, right? So if a guy with 1.62 still sees the server, Gamespy is still up, right?

The only way to determine if it's still up would be to set up a new Arma 2 1.62 based Epoch server that wasn't previously on Dayz Commander and see if it shows up in Dayz Commander when you start it up. I can't find any definate answer that Gamespy is offline or ofnline.

I just did that and my server popped up.

Also my host sent me this

"DayZCommander does not directly query GameSpy, it has its own internal list of servers which it used to add servers to from GameSpy data."

This is false. All my servers are updated running 1.63 125548 and they don't show up in commander :)