Why are there still some servers on DAYZ Commander

roachyuk

Well I guess you can ignore my post. I asked him what the progress was and wether is going to happen tonight or not and he removed me from steam. I'm kinda done with him now. I use to pick his side but now I'm starting to agree with people saying he's being somewhat of a douche. Feels like he is just trying to troll everyone.

All the discussion in this thread and other threads and forums aside; the last known effort from the developer is his last release which is long time ago, isn't it? Safe to assume DayZ Commander is a dead project now. Time to move on friends...

Well I guess you can ignore my post. I asked him what the progress was and wether is going to happen tonight or not and he removed me from steam. I'm kinda done with him now. I use to pick his side but now I'm starting to agree with people saying he's being somewhat of a douche. Feels like he is just trying to troll everyone.

Somewhat of a douche? Lol (v0.9.1.5) confirmed to hold PUP.Optional.IBryte.

"PUP.Optional.IBryte is technically not a virus, but it does exhibit plenty of malicious traits"

Sources

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/27604-dayz-commander-downloadupdate-dayz-join-servers-save-favorites-find-friends-unofficial-six-alternative/page-46

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1nt6kn/dayz_commander_v0915/

All the discussion in this thread and other threads and forums aside; the last known effort from the developer is his last release which is long time ago, isn't it? Safe to assume DayZ Commander is a dead project now. Time to move on friends...

I can move on unfortuanatly the players won't. Like mentioned before they don't even know what is going on at the moment. They use DZC and won't stop using it as long as it working because there is nothing telling them that they should move on. Dotjosh mentoined multiple time that was going to update DZC and I believed him. I don't like being lied to. If he doesn't want to update it so be it, but atleast give the people a heads up because what he is doing now is a real dick move. Excuse my language.

I can move on unfortuanatly the players won't. Like mentioned before they don't even know what is going on at the moment. They use DZC and won't stop using it as long as it working because there is nothing telling them that they should move on. Dotjosh mentoined multiple time that was going to update DZC and I believed him. I don't like being lied to. If he doesn't want to update it so be it, but atleast give the people a heads up because what he is doing now is a real dick move. Excuse my language.

so roll back to 112555 or enjoy an empty server

My server is 112555 (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/37.187.148.217:2337/). I never updated and I'm not planning on it either without DZC. But I really want to update though. This patch is really bad for fps and causes many problems.

lol owned :D

I'm sure there is more populated servers on the old patch then the new.

tbh it looks like we are all going to have to embrace dayzlauncher at some point. Its still a bit shitty right now but it has promise.

One issue is battleye is stopping support for non steam versions soon :/

DayzLauncher is going to be the way of the future as I see it guys. This is just one mans point of view. I know people have have had problems with certain people involved but honestly, who else has contributed to the community (scripts, knowledge) help run a large community, built it up to a respectable level and then turn around and contribute back to the community as much as Maca134 has? The launcher has had some bugs yes, but it is so easy to join any server ( as long s it is set up correctly). No setting -mod=@DayZ bla bla bla. Just find it on the list, and click the green play button.

Thanks for the read.

DayzLauncher is going to be the way of the future as I see it guys. This is just one mans point of view. I know people have have had problems with certain people involved but honestly, who else has contributed to the community (scripts, knowledge) help run a large community, built it up to a respectable level and then turn around and contribute back to the community as much as Maca134 has? The launcher has had some bugs yes, but it is so easy to join any server ( as long s it is set up correctly). No setting -mod=@DayZ bla bla bla. Just find it on the list, and click the green play button.

Thanks for the read.

I don't think it is a good idea to discuss individuals in a public forum but since you have already posted this 100% supportive message about him, I will post ONE reply and will stop discussing the matter in public forum any further. The reason I am posting is to inform others which may not know the below.

--

I don't know to what extent your admiration/connection to maca134 but his contributions is a bit of a gray area (if you are not maca134 yourself, or an affiliated CCG member you might consider rest of this message objective criticism from someone who both admires his greatest work & dislikes some aspects of his impact as detailed below).

I have played on CCG servers and enjoyed his (and his teams') changes & overall server atmosphere very much. Credits given where due - great work maca134!

He is also one of the 3 or so founders of that entity which is the biggest known commercialization of Epoch Mod in the world. Buying success with real $ is not only normal but natural for some - it is clearly a matter of opinion.

I personally dislike it therefore in my eyes, along with his huge contributions he has also done huge damage to the mod & game by running the biggest buy Epoch success shop.

Once again this is my opinion which we are all entitled to have and discuss within boundaries of forum etiquette & respect.

Keep in mind that he also has not released his arguably most major modification publicly & freely; which is single currency & banking system - some would think he could have done that just to buy Indulgences from Church of Epoch.

P.S.: Last line is a joke obviously whereas anything above is not.

I dont think you get it. This isn't about US moving on as server admins this is about the players being able to find and connect to our servers. 

I dont think you get it. This isn't about US moving on as server admins this is about the players being able to find and connect to our servers. 

I get it; players using DayZ Commander (which does not support newest server reporting system) will not be able to find and connect to our servers which is a fact and it sucks.

However, regardless of how heartbreaking posts we might add this to thread, the sad fact above in bold fonts will stay the same. Hence the suggestion - time to move on.

Players that will never connect again is gone; time to put them under operational loss field and move on.

Of course, alternatively we can keep posting here how DotJosh ruined us all, we are already at 9 pages anyways.

I get it; players using DayZ Commander (which does not support newest server reporting system) will not be able to find and connect to our servers which is a fact and it sucks.

However, regardless of how heartbreaking posts we might add this to thread, the sad fact above in bold fonts will stay the same. Hence the suggestion - time to move on.

Players that will never connect again is gone; time to put them under operational loss field and move on.

Of course, alternatively we can keep posting here how DotJosh ruined us all, we are already at 9 pages anyways.

So time to put my entire server under operational loss because I now have zero players connecting? Got it. Any other choice bits of sage advice?

For the record, you're wasting just as much time as anyone else by reading and commenting on this thread. I mean, Im not saying you're wrong in your assessment of the situation, but that doesn't mean we can't fill up 100 pages bitching about it. My server is completely dead, so I've got nothing better to do on this website.  Also, I appreciate any updates that people post here regarding this situation. If someone says they talked to dotjosh or they have some kind of new(ish) information Im all ears, or eyes.

I like your suggestion, of "moving on." But how exactly am I to move on, is the question. I dont see you offering alternative solutions, you're just in here bitching at people to stop bitching. ~ figuratively speaking I know you're not actually bitching~

So time to put my entire server under operational loss because I now have zero players connecting? Got it. Any other choice bits of sage advice?

For the record, you're wasting just as much time as anyone else by reading and commenting on this thread. I mean, Im not saying you're wrong in your assessment of the situation, but that doesn't mean we can't fill up 100 pages bitching about it. My server is completely dead, so I've got nothing better to do on this website.  Also, I appreciate any updates that people post here regarding this situation. If someone says they talked to dotjosh or they have some kind of new(ish) information Im all ears, or eyes.

I like your suggestion, of "moving on." But how exactly am I to move on, is the question. I dont see you offering alternative solutions, you're just in here bitching at people to stop bitching. ~ figuratively speaking I know you're not actually bitching~

I (wrongly!) assumed you had some of your community still able to connect to your updated server - if you went from 100% to 0%, well it sure sucks. Good luck with waiting for DotJosh to update. My suggestion would be attempting to rebuild from scratch which you will probably hate hearing so once again, good luck with DotJosh...

ZfzRYIR.png

Lol, the amaount of abuse hes been given just because of this in the past month, id take my hat off to him if he actually does now update, if dayz commander was mine, Id be banning peoples servers/IPs out of commander who have give me a load of abuse  so they could never get back on commander.

It is annoying, BUT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITHOUT HIM! 

Lol, the amaount of abuse hes been given just because of this in the past month, id take my hat off to him if he actually does now update, if dayz commander was mine, Id be banning peoples servers/IPs out of commander who have give me a load of abuse  so they could never get back on commander.

It is annoying, BUT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITHOUT HIM! 

By using that other launcher because it works and is actually being updated.

Yeah, but who knows about dayz launcher??? Server "admins" not many average players do, the majority of players will always go to commander meaning launcher will be dead compared, the only people using launcher at this time, are server admins, and the people who where already on that server before it went off commander, meaning dayz launcher isnt going to bring new "JUST PLAYERS" in like commander.

It' like google and yahoo, and many others, i know for i fact i tell people to "google" it, Ive never once in my life caught myself saying, "Just BING it"  or "just yahoo" it...... I make sense in what im saying, commander will need to go down completely in order for launcher to start bringing in random "just players"    Just like google would have to go down , to give yahoo and Bing a chance. The world doesnt like change.

Yeah, but who knows about dayz launcher??? Server "admins" not many average players do, the majority of players will always go to commander meaning launcher will be dead compared, the only people using launcher at this time, are server admins, and the people who where already on that server before it went off commander, meaning dayz launcher isnt going to bring new "JUST PLAYERS" in like commander.

It' like google and yahoo, and many others, i know for i fact i tell people to "google" it, Ive never once in my life caught myself saying, "Just BING it"  or "just yahoo" it...... I make sense in what im saying, commander will need to go down completely in order for launcher to start bringing in random "just players"    Just like google would have to go down , to give yahoo and Bing a chance. The world doesnt like change.

Give it time. DZC is slowly dying.