Why are there still some servers on DAYZ Commander

roachyuk

Im starting to think people from Steam had their hand in this for whatever reason. Trying to scare people into converting. It worked against vilayer and who knows what other server providers. Poor vilayer is probably getting their ass handed to them by customers. They sent out an email , here's a choice snippet.

You need to manually join the servers using arma2 or try out the new DayZ Launcher. All tickets asking about the status of DayZ Commander will be closed, we have added a button in to the acp called "Steam Update Information" which explains your new steam ports and how to update your game tracker page.

I haven't said anything to them about it because I know it's not really their fault they were just going by what they were told. My bill is up shortly, I'll probably pay for another month and see what happens. In the mean time, I'm checking out other peoples servers because I haven't really been able to play the game for a long time.

Who is "David Foltyn" in that conversation? Not to draw conclusions based on that little snippet, but the guy comes across as a know-it-all prick...

https://twitter.com/FoltynD - a guy from BI

Im starting to think people from Steam had their hand in this for whatever reason. Trying to scare people into converting.

Made my day! So much bollocks. :D

If you people would stop coddling your players and just update your servers to a version after 1.63.112555, there wouldn't be a problem. Tell your users to allow Steam to update OA (no beta required anymore) and join via the in-game browser. The 1.63.112555 and earlier servers aren't getting BE updates anymore so you're more vulnerable to hackers. If all the servers were on 1.63, then there wouldn't be a problem because that would force all users to update.

Problem solved. :)

If you people would stop coddling your players and just update your servers to a version after 1.63.112555, there wouldn't be a problem. Tell your users to allow Steam to update OA (no beta required anymore) and join via the in-game browser. The 1.63.112555 and earlier servers aren't getting BE updates anymore so you're more vulnerable to hackers. If all the servers were on 1.63, then there wouldn't be a problem because that would force all users to update.

Problem solved. :)

Blah-blah-blah.

You should read all tread again. People are complaining about A LOT OF server working on 112555, and almost everybody are still playing on 112555 without any steam or smthng.

Vilayer customers were hit harder, then anybody else - we were forced to use steam version.

My server online was 30-40, now it is 3-5 max. Everybody are playing anywhere else but not on steam servers.

Don't know what you are talking about. They're playing on my server. If everyone updated, the players would have no choice but to update. It's time for admins to get with the program and embrace what is inevitable.

I don't understand when you say "they" are playing on my server. There hasn't been a point in the last week when you had more then 10 players on your server at once. I don't want to offend you or anything but that's kind of low. I agree with your argument about that the update is going to be inevitable. But even if we would all update we would still loose a significant amount of players that have no idea that they should now use steam. I think that even if DZC never updates it will hit the DayZ community pretty hard. I'm pretty sure that there will be a big amount of players not being able to understand how to find servers and just think DayZ Mod died or dissapeared and give up. They probably don't even know Arma is related to steam. All they ever used is DZC. So I'll stay on this non-steam patch as long as I possibly can even tho its buggy as f*ck.

But I really hope Josh wakes up soon so we can move on ^^

I don't understand when you say "they" are playing on my server. There hasn't been a point in the last week when you had more then 10 players on your server at once. I don't want to offend you or anything but that's kind of low. I agree with your argument about that the update is going to be inevitable. But even if we would all update we would still loose a significant amount of players that have no idea that they should now use steam. I think that even if DZC never updates it will hit the DayZ community pretty hard. I'm pretty sure that there will be a big amount of players not being able to understand how to find servers and just think DayZ Mod died or dissapeared and give up. They probably don't even know Arma is related to steam. All they ever used is DZC. So I'll stay on this non-steam patch as long as I possibly can even tho its buggy as f*ck.

But I really hope Josh wakes up soon so we can move on ^^

If all servers update there will most likely be no issues with your playerbase staying where it is.

Royal, although I'm not getting large numbers of players at once, I have had a lot of new players joining the server each day and forum registrations are up.

Anyone not running the Steam version will soon find themselves with hackers that are running hacks and scripts that their outdated BE can't detect. You'll also find yourself behind in the Epoch versions (1.0.5.2 will require the Steam version) and when your servers suddenly no longer report to DayzCommander, you'll find yourself srambling to get your servers updated.

So, go with the recommendations of the Epoch devs and update to the Steam version and stop causing the playerbase to be fragmented.

Royal, although I'm not getting large numbers of players at once, I have had a lot of new players joining the server each day and forum registrations are up.

Anyone not running the Steam version will soon find themselves with hackers that are running hacks and scripts that their outdated BE can't detect. You'll also find yourself behind in the Epoch versions (1.0.5.2 will require the Steam version) and when your servers suddenly no longer report to DayzCommander, you'll find yourself srambling to get your servers updated.

So, go with the recommendations of the Epoch devs and update to the Steam version and stop causing the playerbase to be fragmented.

I don't host Epoch :P. And I agree on the BE thing but like I said I and I think many others will stay on the recommended patch by DZC for as long as we can. I'm still getting a lot of new players because even new players still download DZC due to tutorials and forum recommendations from the past. Lets just hope Josh wakes up anytime soon so we can all be on the same patch and move the players over without any problems of loosing anyone :D

I think the problem you guys are overlooking , is that when your server updates it practically becomes invisible to the everyday casual player of dayz. They have all relied on, and have been told to rely on, dayz commander for well over a year now. When your server disappears off dayz commander, they think it shut down, and go elsewhere. I had 30+ people on everyday, Vilayer updated server, dead overnight. Not to mention, even people Ive tried to walk through the update process to play on my server occasionally experience a lot of trouble getting into the server. Players won't have "no choice" but to update. They'll stop playing or go look for a server that hasn't been updated, or they'll go play some other game. Want to know how I know? Look at my server in game tracker. Also, Im hurt because I dont have a steady fan following of players and mostly relied on a couple regulars with the majority being random joins. I dont have a website, so the best I can do is update the blog on gametracker with instructions and wait. The fact is, without dayz commander, most dayz servers are going to die, unless somehow some other launcher catches on and fast.

Edit- Also, I wanted to point out, that anyone running a server that is rented from a provider may not have a choice one way or the other. For example, my server is Vilayer and was upgraded whether I liked it or not. On the other hand, dayz.st hasn't even released Epoch 1.0.5.1 let alone upgrade their servers to steam. They dont give you access to most of the files outside the server and mission PBO so there is no way to do it yourself.

Don't know what you are talking about. They're playing on my server. If everyone updated, the players would have no choice but to update. It's time for admins to get with the program and embrace what is inevitable.

yeah, I'd rather pick up the stragglers and get some more pop then upgrade to a version which isn't as supported.

Our only hope is for AWOL to push out 1052 and force the update to 122548.

I think they are holding out on 1052 because of commander to be honest.

this.  No point in losing players cause commander isn't updated

Commander never worked for me anyways, so screw em ;p Play Withsix always worked fine with Steam Arma2. Not sure why people think it's hard to navigate ;p

For me it was the other way around. :D

These days I only use custom batch files, but I totally agree on the DZC topic. Wait until that got sorted out. I'm playing on Fummelbude.eu for quite some time now and they run their server on 112555 or what that number was (a buggy patch) and I experience no problems at all. No increase of hacker apearance, no player loss (most of the time its really hard to get on that server) and no other BE problems.

Knowing the current situation as a former server hoster and looking at it give me no reason for switching to steam yet. Looking at the situation as a player who currently playing on a regular base: no reason for switching.

So why should all switch again? :D

No srsly, that story is old now. Wait for further news or changes. Every topic regarding updates has now been discussed. The only things I have seen over the last week was people saying: update! and people saying: dont update! No new argument has been added.

Not sure why people still think DZC is gonna be updated.... It's CLEARLY not gonna happen if it hasn't happened at this point, we're looking at what 25 days since 125548 came out? Plus that other launcher that we can't advertise here is shaping up nicely and has support for overpoch in all its variants along with epoch on all maps..

Not sure why people still think DZC is gonna be updated.... It's CLEARLY not gonna happen if it hasn't happened at this point, we're looking at what 25 days since 125548 came out? Plus that other launcher that we can't advertise here is shaping up nicely and has support for overpoch in all its variants along with epoch on all maps..

They think it's going to be updated because several people, including infiSTAR and some of the devs of epoch, have spoken to him and he said he was going to do it.

For me it was the other way around. :D

These days I only use custom batch files, but I totally agree on the DZC topic. Wait until that got sorted out. I'm playing on Fummelbude.eu for quite some time now and they run their server on 112555 or what that number was (a buggy patch) and I experience no problems at all. No increase of hacker apearance, no player loss (most of the time its really hard to get on that server) and no other BE problems.

Knowing the current situation as a former server hoster and looking at it give me no reason for switching to steam yet. Looking at the situation as a player who currently playing on a regular base: no reason for switching.

So why should all switch again? :D

No srsly, that story is old now. Wait for further news or changes. Every topic regarding updates has now been discussed. The only things I have seen over the last week was people saying: update! and people saying: dont update! No new argument has been added.

I've only heard of that EU launcher or whatever its called, but most people who aren't admins haven't even heard of it. Dayz Commander is too well established and ingrained into peoples' minds. I think without dayz commander, dayz will mostly die outside of the standalone and a few well established servers like MGT and player2's. 

We'll have to wait until dayz commander completely stops working or gets updated to find out. As long as some part of dayz commander works, people are going to still use it. Hell I still use it to join other servers.

Also Danger, that other launcher is coming along nicely and had already surpassed DayZ Commander in function. It's up to us admins to put out the word to the playerbases about it, they aren't gonna find out otherwise especially since we can't advertise it here.

Also Danger, that other launcher is coming along nicely and had already surpassed DayZ Commander in function. It's up to us admins to put out the word to the playerbases about it, they aren't gonna find out otherwise especially since we can't advertise it here.

I no longer have a player base to put the word out to. And if players listened to a word of the red admin text, they wouldn't ask stupid questions which it already answered, and they wouldn't email me asking me why they can't find my server on dayz commander... since I had those blasting in server messages for some time. You're highly overestimating the perceptive skills of the masses. Big red text = stupid admin shit spamming chat, ignore.

InfiSTAR told me himself in an email. The devs of epoch posted something on this very site I believe regarding them talking to dotJosh and he planning on updating dayz commander. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

Yes the response you are referring to by awol was a direct response to me in my own thread but that was weeks ago now, since then awol has been showing support for playwithsix. I agree the masses are beyond stupid and ignore admin chat but if the BE shutdown happens before DZC updates players wont have a choice but to switch to something else or not play dayz mod. Also dotjosh has spent 66 hours playing DOTA 2 in the last 2 weeks....without giving anyone any information about the update....If that doesn't tell you an update isn't coming I don't know what will. Now don't get me wrong I loved DZC but if it's creator is willing to just say fuck off like this without even giving the community an official response about it or at least releasing it as open source if hes gonna call it quits so someone else can take over, imo he can go fuck himself.