Why are there still some servers on DAYZ Commander

roachyuk

MGT,

Please advise since you have a popular server - is it time to upgrade now if not how long are you planning to stay on 112555?

Are there no cleanup issues with it BTW?

Thanks

PS I attempted the latest version but not ONE player joined my server so rolled back to 103768 it is not great but 'working' and have a few players now. 

Pretty sure MGT will update as soon as either GameSpy dies or DZC updates. And so will I. My server is full 24/7 with 64/64 players online on 112555. I tried a server on the newest patch on the side and that stayed empty. So i'll be patient and wait for either GameSpy to go down or dotjosh to update DZC.

Yes, we'll hang on to 112555 and DayZ Commander support until it updates or Gamespy shuts down it's servers. Yes, there's a few issues with deletevehicle not working correctly, but we're mitigating it alright and our community is happy with server performance.

tl;dr we're updating when GS shuts down or DZC updates

You guys are forgetting one more player in this equation that will happen before gamespy shuts down and/or DZC updates.

6917b05713.png

If one has infiSTAR is it 100% replacement for BattlEye (and more)? If so maybe they have that one - or something similar.

If one has infiSTAR is it 100% replacement for BattlEye (and more)? If so maybe they have that one - or something similar.

Infistar only detects for bad scripts and such.

If you don't have battleeye running, every user who has ever been banned by battleeye can join your server. You also cannot Ban someone, they can come right back after your server restarts. Without battleeye, users can also hack your server using memory editors which battleeye normally detects, but are impossible for infistar to detect. With a memory editor they can also inject code to start their scripts at will, and they won't be "caught" unless they trip an infistar detection, and even if they are detected and banned by infistar, they can come right back with a modified script after the next server restart.

Infistar is a script limited to script capabilities, it is not a replacement for an executable scanner.

Infistar only detects for bad scripts and such.

If you don't have battleeye running, every user who has ever been banned by battleeye can join your server. You also cannot Ban someone, they can come right back after your server restarts. Without battleeye, users can also hack your server using memory editors which battleeye normally detects, but are impossible for infistar to detect. With a memory editor they can also inject code to start their scripts at will, and they won't be "caught" unless they trip an infistar detection, and even if they are detected and banned by infistar, they can come right back with a modified script after the next server restart.

Infistar is a script limited to script capabilities, it is not a replacement for an executable scanner.

When BE stops will need to urgently upgrade then... Hopefully they won't stop it midweek.

Not all of us use Infistar... like me. :)

When BE stops will need to urgently upgrade then... Hopefully they won't stop it midweek.

That's why I went ahead and updated. I don't want to be left behind.

This is pretty shitty if I may say so. It appears that Gamespy is still alive and well and dayz commander works just fine. Sucks to be me lol.... seriously though... gamespy is shutting down end of may guys.... I mean end of june... i mean..

yep, good joke :)

I want to add that there are already hacks for the outdated BE in pre-stable 1.63 (YES if you are not running the 1.63 stable or newer this affects you). BE will work with the outdated betas it will no longer be updated or maintained though, new global bans will also probably not work on the outdated BE. At this point by keeping your servers on an outdated version you are doing a disservice to the community (by fragmenting server versions) and your player base.

I want to add that there are already hacks for the outdated BE in pre-stable 1.63 (YES if you are not running the 1.63 stable or newer this affects you). BE will work with the outdated betas it will no longer be updated or maintained though, new global bans will also probably not work on the outdated BE. At this point by keeping your servers on an outdated version you are doing a disservice to the community (by fragmenting server versions) and your player base.

I wonder if this is enough incentive to persuade people to possibly risk losing all players on their server. The player community is so heavily dependent on DayZ Commander, I truly hope Josh upgrades this before long. According to game tracker my server has gone from 156th to 692nd in just 10 days. My server has never been so dead.

Also, does anyone have any idea when DayZ.st will add the newer versions of epoch? The latest they allow you to run is 1.0.4.2.

Just wondering if someone tried to reach out on BI or GS to more information on that topic, but I would expect no reaction from them.

Keep in mind this is a casual skype chat with Dwarden.

[7/9/2014 11:31:19 AM] icomrade: When the hell is gamespy shutting down?

[7/9/2014 11:31:53 AM] rewatom: it already did

[7/9/2014 11:32:24 AM] icomrade: seems to still be reporting

[7/9/2014 11:34:34 AM] icomrade: Yep gamespy servers are still online, just checked in an outdated OA version

[7/9/2014 11:35:02 AM] rewatom: that must be bug or something..

[7/9/2014 11:35:14 AM] icomrade: I don't think so

[7/9/2014 11:35:15 AM] rewatom: gamespy company retired already

[7/9/2014 11:35:31 AM] rewatom: or maybe they sell their servers to somebody

[7/9/2014 11:35:56 AM] David Foltyn: for us it's dead already

[7/9/2014 11:36:10 AM] David Foltyn: it don't matter that they still not figured out in which NSA underground datacenter theirs servers are ....

[7/9/2014 11:36:32 AM] rewatom: heh

[7/9/2014 11:36:37 AM] icomrade: Well it's killing servers that run the latest stable

[7/9/2014 11:36:41 AM] David Foltyn: so stop asking irrelevant questions ... there is no gamespy

[7/9/2014 11:37:22 AM] icomrade: Whether the entity Gamespy still exists or not is not the question. But, rather when will their still functioning servers shut down

[7/9/2014 11:37:36 AM] David Foltyn: nope

[7/9/2014 11:37:41 AM] David Foltyn: like i said, for us, they don't exist anymore

[7/9/2014 11:38:03 AM] icomrade: How is the A2 browser pulling outdated servers?

[7/9/2014 11:38:37 AM] David Foltyn: all the actively supported games are on steamworks

[7/9/2014 11:39:02 AM] David Foltyn: anything else is EOL and GS existance or not is just rhetorical question

[7/9/2014 11:39:32 AM] icomrade: BE doesn't work on anything less than 1.63 stable then?

[7/9/2014 11:40:26 AM] David Foltyn: it does work

[7/9/2014 11:40:36 AM] David Foltyn: but you would be insane to run anything but the latest build

[7/9/2014 11:40:53 AM] icomrade: The majority of the player base is insanse and lazy then

[7/9/2014 11:41:17 AM | Edited 11:41:22 AM] icomrade: Server owners for that matter too

[7/9/2014 11:41:41 AM] David Foltyn: ye so let them cry about cheaters and problems

[7/9/2014 11:42:29 AM] icomrade: I'd honestly rather their servers be impossible to connect to, so this fragmentation between shit and updated servers can go bye bye

[7/9/2014 11:42:41 AM] icomrade: oh well

[7/9/2014 11:43:23 AM] David Foltyn: nah it's like these people demanding GS for Arma 3 ;)

[7/9/2014 11:43:35 AM] David Foltyn: then i find them playing on cracked no-cd 1.14 arma 3 server

WTF. Their is some serious shit going on. So there is a server running somewhere and no one officially knows about it. Ahaha, that went south fast. :D

I'm still not sure if I would update if I would have a server, but now I am looking forward to 1.0.5.2 even more. That stuff needs to get sorted.

Who is "David Foltyn" in that conversation? Not to draw conclusions based on that little snippet, but the guy comes across as a know-it-all prick...

David Foltyn: so stop asking irrelevant questions ... there is no gamespy

Clearly you're wrong. A simple double click on any game server showing up in dayz commander proves this.

Great job in destroying the player base Gamespy, the biggest balls up I have witnessed in many a year.

Has everyone had their heads up their asses all this time? Why did none of the mighty see this coming?

Why would Gamespy care? They are out the door, retired, gold watch time. In reality they are probably getting other positions elsewhere, but Gamespy as an entity no longer exists. 

Cen, about BE, you can have 1.63 and be on DZC so whatever, I will wait till dies, this is just some agenda that some people wanna drive us all to steam, thats all, and the kid from BE always is up for those things. The true is GS is up and will be up for a while, but whatever, if it dies tomorrow, then we update... but this rush to switch is just ####