Why are there still some servers on DAYZ Commander

roachyuk

Can anyone help me here? I'd like to know how to update my server to steam, because i can't connect to my server.. =/ I can log in into my server, but after a few seconds i got kicked by "authentication timeout"

I'm trying to connect through Commander (it is already up-to-date).

Plz

You have to wait until your host provides the new beta file then update it.

You have to wait until your host provides the new beta file then update it.

Arma 2: OA isn't on a beta anymore. 125548 is the latest stable version and is what all Arma 2 OA servers should be running. If a server is running one of the betas after 112555, I do believe clients can still connect to it, but the server should be updated. Players also should opt out of the beta.

Some of my players are reporting that their arma version has mysteriously auto updated this morning to 125548 without them doing anything. They were playing away happily earlier today on 112555.

Although this is good because I can finally update to 125548, I'm worried about other players and why they haven't been 'auto' updated? I wasn't auto updated locally....

Anyone know what's going on here? Is it to do with being opted in/out of betas on Steam? 

EDIT: To add to this all of us had the Commander update. But on mine, it just updated itself and not the underlying mods. Also, 112555 was the latest version available.

Edited by ReDBaroN

Some of my players are reporting that their arma version has mysteriously auto updated this morning to 125548 without them doing anything. They were playing away happily earlier today on 112555.

Although this is good because I can finally update to 125548, I'm worried about other players and why they haven't been 'auto' updated? I wasn't auto updated locally....

Anyone know what's going on here? Is it to do with being opted in/out of betas on Steam? 

EDIT: To add to this all of us had the Commander update. But on mine, it just updated itself and not the underlying mods. Also, 112555 was the latest version available.

It did the same on my machine some days ago, but 112555 was still playable via beta .exe

Seems like that some of the recent beta updates are not beta anymore. Which means that steam updates your game to the latest version as it would do with every other game. I think someone even mentioned that here.

Hey guys. If your server is grayed out still even on the new steam version it is more then likely due to the fact server name size has been limited by steam :/ so try putting 1.0.5.1 or whatever your running near the beginning of the server name.

Cheers.

Can anyone help me here? I'd like to know how to update my server to steam, because i can't connect to my server.. =/ I can log in into my server, but after a few seconds i got kicked by "authentication timeout"

I'm trying to connect through Commander (it is already up-to-date).

Plz

If your server is on the new patch go into dayz commander untick the box "replace orignal aram2oa files with the beta so steam works" in settings then go into steam and verify arma2oa's game cache and try connecting again.

My players were freaking about this and thought the server was broken when they got auto kicked after I switched the server to 125548. . .I just made a post on my forum with a small explanation and a big picture of my main menu with a big ass red arrow pointing to the version #.

Side note - Did anyone else have to reset gametracker after updating to 125548???

My players were freaking about this and thought the server was broken when they got auto kicked after I switched the server to 125548. . .I just made a post on my forum with a small explanation and a big picture of my main menu with a big ass red arrow pointing to the version #.

Side note - Did anyone else have to reset gametracker after updating to 125548???

No, I went to manage and changed the query port to 1 less than the game port

vilayer has that update already and has for awhile lol.

Click the steam update on your control panel.

Oh, you see I wondered wtf that thing did... I guess it hindsight it's sort of a "duh" moment but it would be nice if, when they changed or added stuff to their control panel, they would give some explanation of it's function. I thought them shutting down my server WAS the update. Thanks for the help bud.